Half-life 2 May Still Come To Ps2!

It's a 295mhz CPU actually.

But anyway... let's not make this turn into a console war :hmph:

Mentioning the abreviation PS2 instantly instigates violence on a PC forum.

Can you guys just give this a ****ing rest, already?
I’m getting tired of this shit, play the game on the PC like it’s supposed to do, goddamnit.

PC vs. consoles is pathetic.

And who gives a crap if it makes it to the PS2 or any other console? Well, I can tell you I don't give a shit.

I could care less what consoles it makes it on to as long as the game is carefully made FOR PC...not emulated to PC.

Piece of Shit 2 can get the game for all I care.....
(singing) "You aint got no......mod-ifi--cation.....You aint got no.....mod-fi---cations."

Ps2 Must Has To Power To Run It

Why do you thing that PS2 doesn’t have the much power to play the the game?

Haven't you seen the graphics on "GRAND TURISMO 4", "FINAL FANTISY X", METAL GEAR SOLID 3, SILENT HILL 3, and the original "HAFE-LIFE(WITCH HAS BETTER GRAPHICS ON PS2 THAN IT DOSE ON PC"

These have the graphics to prove that PS2 is a powerful enough to play HAFE-LIFE 2.
(LOOK AT GRAND TURISMO 4 AGAIN!) & (KILLZONE)

PS2 and X-BOX(I HATE SAYING THAT) graphics are almost identical to each other so if X-BOX can play HL2 then so can PS2!

If HL2 can't come out on PS2 then I shouldn't appear on X-BOX too!

THE THIRD WORLD

Sorry but MAZA. The ps2 does not have the same capabilities as the X-BOX.
And don't you dare call me a fan boi just cos I own an X-BOX.
Because I don't own any consoles besides my PS1.....

And yes, it might be able to run HL2, but it will look crapy compared to the X-BOX and especially to a reasonable PC.
Thats fact.

The X-box has like a 800-900mhz proccessor (I can't remember exactly). It isn't so much the graphics since that is based mostly on the video hardware in the system, its the other things like the AI and physics that are VERY cpu intesive. Very simply put, the PS2 just doesn't have a processor that is capable of handling all the calculations for the advanced physics and AI, at least not without making some major performance cut backs.

On top of that it is alot of work to port it over, and then when you consider that a large portion of the buyers of HL2 will buy it for modding capabilities you can see that it just doesn't make much sense to go to all that work to release a downgraded version of a game which would have one of its biggest features (mods) out of the equation.

The fact that that source has terrible grammar makes my BS alarm go off.

I can see it coming out on ps2, but I don't want to picture it, since it will be so bad graphicaly...I dunno, we'll have to see

As for CPUs in consoles, if I remember correctly, it goes:

250 PS2
450 GameCube
700/750 Xbox

I am pretty sure I am right about Gamecube and Xbox, Ps2 not so much though..

MOH: Rising Sun has slow frame rate on the PS2, and thats without most graphical wonders, so whats makes people believe that a game such as HL2 will be able to run on the PS2. Offcourse, Gearbox would have to cut out the physics engine, the high poly count, The AI, The graphical Illusions (Such that of bump-mapping). They would have to scale down the indoor/outdoor environments......

On second thought, they would just release HL1 all over again

Expect HL2 to come out on the PS3 instead

Back