Half-life 2 menu music

propman

Reaction score
Hi. To start off, just let me say, I don't actually have the game Half-life 2. I had the chance to play it a few times at a friends house. (xbox version) I loved it, and I would love nothing more than to own it. xbox or PC. (Well, I would most like xbox) But, I was just taken over by the music that was featured in the main menu of the game. Well, it is not really music. More of a sound, but I love it just the same. Well, my question is, I have looked all over for this sound, and I can't find it. All I can find is people saying use CFGScape to get it, but I can't because, like I said, I don't own the game. I was wondering, if any of you could direct me to a link do download it, or possibly rap it from the game for me with CFGScape. I would also like to find that soundscape with all the walki-talki kshhk sounds in it. That is about all I have to say. Please help.

-Adam.

You mean the ambient sounds on the undestroyed city 17, level menu page?

GCFScape is a tool used to extract files from HL2. Basicly, if you don't have the PC version of HL2 or another Source game on your PC then GCFScape is useless to you. There are two legal ways of getting the HL2 soundtrack:
1: Buying the collectors edition which comes with it (this probably almost impossible now though)
2: Get the PC version of HL2 and use GCFScape to extract the files.

Edit: I think the music that you're refering to is called Hazardous Environments. It's basicly Valve's theme-tune. IIRC it's only played once in the series, in HL1 at the cliff scene (where it is very out-of-place IMO). The file name that it has in the HL2 files is HL1_song11.mp3

To the first post, Yeah, the second song was the city 17 one I think, but the other one was just the menu. The first thing you see when you turn it the game on.
To the second post, I will see if that is it. Well, I thought I could find it but I couldn't.

-Adam.

Guitar Riffs?

/EDIT With the dude with the Valve in his eye?

I think you're talking about one of two things:

The Valve intro theme before you get to the game menu (guitar) or the Episode 2 intro sound...

I don't think I'm allowed to post download links to those tracks...sooo

Send me a PM :)

i don't remember half-life 2 having any menu music

I think what he means is the first song that plays when you start both Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

1. "Hazardous Environments" (Valve Theme)

Taken from the Half-Life soundtrack

IIRC it's only played once in the series, in HL1 at the cliff scene (where it is very out-of-place IMO).

Ouch. Out of place? I loved that music and its placement, just as you crawl out of a tight claustrophobic drain and are confronted with a magnificent vista from the top of the Mesa looking out across the desert. The music sounded vast and open, lonely, like the desert.

Breathtaking.

Edit: I think the music that you're refering to is called Hazardous Environments. It's basicly Valve's theme-tune. IIRC it's only played once in the series, in HL1 at the cliff scene (where it is very out-of-place IMO). The file name that it has in the HL2 files is HL1_song11.mp3

A cut down version of it is also played in HL2 when you get the HEV suit. I love that song. I wish they would make a full length song based on it.:D

i have it, get in the van and ill give it to you, or just PM me whichever you think is safer...

A cut down version of it is also played in HL2 when you get the HEV suit. I love that song. I wish they would make a full length song based on it.:D

Yes I remember that. Gives you that feeling of Half Life 1

Yes I remember that. Gives you that feeling of Half Life 1

And not only those two song, but all re-used songs and sounds makes it feel like Half-Life. The most critical of course is the weapon scroll sound and when you recharge your health and armor. I would've cried if they made new sounds for those :)

Ouch. Out of place? I loved that music and its placement, just as you crawl out of a tight claustrophobic drain and are confronted with a magnificent vista from the top of the Mesa looking out across the desert. The music sounded vast and open, lonely, like the desert.

Breathtaking.
My experience was stepping out of the tunnel, being suddenly thrown from my emersion by a sudden and odd music track, stepping from the pipe, starting to take in the view and getting gibbed by a turret.

My W key got stuck. That was my experience of Black Mesa's outside.

Back