is it a good idea?

• great idea.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • nah, i wouldn't see it...

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
Y

yoan

i was just wondering what you guys think of a half-life or half-life 2 movie?
i think it's a great idea, i mean, doom had one, so why can HL??

HL2 movie is great idea. BUT it should be directed by people like Steven Spielberg or James Cameron. Bacause only those ppl can make real epic movies.

btw dooom movie suck so much its just some stupid horror. DooM3 doesnt have that great storyline it was bad idea to make movie out of it.

Oh Dear God, not again...

No! Leave the game alone, Hollywood has ****ed up too many game-to-film franchises. Unless it was made to perfection, and i mean, PER-FEC-TION, then it should not be attempted.

I just don't see it translating well. The story is too unusual/fragmented for a movie, and there isn't enough character-based story. And unless you were to make it a complete action-movie, you'd miss what made the game good.

It's a Terrible idea they would ruin it because Hollywood would ruin the storyline and would ruin everything that made the half life story and characters so great.

It would need to be done very carefully. Hollywood has a tendency to completely screw up movies based on games, mostly because they change everything but the title. Being faithful to the plot would be an absolute must, though Freeman would have to say something for once. No reason to keep him quiet when you're not looking at things through his eyes anymore.

It would have to be HL2, and even then...

a movie with a main character who duznt talk is a terrible idea ... and making gordon talk in the movie is just as bad

I'd see it, but I would never want them to make an HL or HL2 movie, theres way to much story to explain. The game is like living the story itself, thats enough for me.

HL2 movie is great idea. BUT it should be directed by people like Steven Spielberg or James Cameron. Bacause only those ppl can make real epic movies.

btw dooom movie suck so much its just some stupid horror. DooM3 doesnt have that great storyline it was bad idea to make movie out of it.

steven spielberg messes crap up, he replaced the guns in ET with walky talkies.

He's overrated as hell

steven spielberg messes crap up, he replaced the guns in ET with walky talkies.

He's overrated as hell

AI's idea was not action like. It would have been another stupid action without "walky tlakies". Anyways his movies top rated and he is considered best EVER

AI's idea was not action like. It would have been another stupid action without "walky tlakies". Anyways his movies top rated and he is considered best EVER

Yeah, your right, because cops carry guns that they dont use, just like in real life, make it an action movie.

Especially that part with the huge gang bang drug bust with ET and Elliot, that was crazy, bullets everywhere.

The fact of the matter is he changed the guns to walky talkies and changed the word "terrorist" to "hippie" in the re-release of ET because he thought it was politically incorrect and would make people sad and remember the 9/11 attacks.
Oh god forbid we see a POLICE OFFICER carry a gun, thats horrid, why don't they give them standard candy canes anymore?

Oh and dear lord, if someone even hears the word "terrorist", its just horrible. We better change counterstrike teams to Hippie and Counter Hippie.

Speilberg would be happy. Because you know, he's the best

One of these threads has popped up every few months since the site opened lol.

I think it would be a great idea. They could make a movie where we were Gordon and watching from our point of view. It could be done. Either way, it would be cool but like everyone else has said, only if they do it right.

No. I don't think a movie could really capture the essence of Half Life. It just doesn't seem that it would transfer well to the cinema.

Yes, but only under certaın condıtıons. One of whıch beıng that Gordon wasn't ın ıt.

the only good things to come out of a Half Life movie would be the costumes and the props...

Gentlemen, we have a genius. It took almost 3 years for someone to come up with this idea, but finally it's here. :>

It could work, if it wasn't based exactly of Half-Life. I'd prefer events like Portal Storms or the Lost Week.

Yeah, your right, because cops carry guns that they dont use, just like in real life, make it an action movie.

Especially that part with the huge gang bang drug bust with ET and Elliot, that was crazy, bullets everywhere.

The fact of the matter is he changed the guns to walky talkies and changed the word "terrorist" to "hippie" in the re-release of ET because he thought it was politically incorrect and would make people sad and remember the 9/11 attacks.
Oh god forbid we see a POLICE OFFICER carry a gun, thats horrid, why don't they give them standard candy canes anymore?

Oh and dear lord, if someone even hears the word "terrorist", its just horrible. We better change counterstrike teams to Hippie and Counter Hippie.

Speilberg would be happy. Because you know, he's the best

Dude ET was kids movie. It was made for kids dawg. Go watch "Saving Private Ryan" if u want to see blood and mas kiling stuff.

You make games from movies not movies from games..

However Half Life (1,2, eps) is still the most touching story I ever play'd.

i would watch it if dey make one but idobt itl be gd cuz most game movies are sh## i like the resident evil movies dow i admit but dey wernt scary at all and wernt dat gd but still ight.

Dude ET was kids movie. It was made for kids dawg. Go watch "Saving Private Ryan" if u want to see blood and mas kiling stuff.

You wouldn't notice sarcasm if it took a crap on your face.

There is no "blood and mas kiling stuff" in E.T.

There is one part where cops exit their car holding guns, NEWS FLASH, COPS CARRY GUNS.

And what did Spielberg do? He changed those guns to walky talkies in the re-release.

Hey, Star Wars is PG too, why doesn't Lucas re-release the original Star Wars trilogy in a more politically correct way too?

-You know, Stormtroopers carrying walky talkies, that would be sweet.
Darth Vader holding a dum-dum lolly pop instead of his light saber. Awesome.

Anyways aren't you the same kid who thinks fast zombies are called Superzombies?!

This isn?t even worth fighting over, it?s done, I am tired of arguing with a retarded kid, it makes me feel guilty. Spielberg is an overrated director, and not fit to direct a ?Half-Life movie?, End of argument.

Yo i like to call them superzombies. I dont give FU*K wat everybody call them ok? I never seen the ET at all. So stop posting about one movie for kids. I didnt say there is blood in ET at all so chill dawg be cool, And dont call me kid again.

He fits perfectly. U r the one who retarded cuz u judjing him by one movie.

You wouldn't notice sarcasm if it took a crap on your face.

There is no "blood and mas kiling stuff" in E.T.

There is one part where cops exit their car holding guns, NEWS FLASH, COPS CARRY GUNS.

And what did Spielberg do? He changed those guns to walky talkies in the re-release.

Hey, Star Wars is PG too, why doesn't Lucas re-release the original Star Wars trilogy in a more politically correct way too?

-You know, Stormtroopers carrying walky talkies, that would be sweet.
Darth Vader holding a dum-dum lolly pop instead of his light saber. Awesome.

Anyways aren't you the same kid who thinks fast zombies are called Superzombies?!

This isn?t even worth fighting over, it?s done, I am tired of arguing with a retarded kid, it makes me feel guilty. Spielberg is an overrated director, and not fit to direct a ?Half-Life movie?, End of argument.

No Half-Life movie, end of ****ing story.

I think a HL movie would be a terrible idea if they tried to base it on the game's story. Maybe a movie set in the HL universe with a new central character?

Pretty much all films that have been based on games turned out to be total pig swell so I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being any good if it did happen.

HL1 movie would have been total mess. But HL2 has better storyline and main characters. All the need is good adaption for sceenplay.

Bottom line: the games in their existing forms are already better movies than any cinematic addaptations of them could ever hope to be.

let me explain:
If halflife were to have a movie they would need to find someone to act ofr gordon freeman AND theyd have to have him talking which would ruin the game. If there was one my suggestion for gman would be the guy who plays the president on 'heroes' cause he sometimes looks like gman a bit(dont you think, or are you too busy doing something important with your life to watch heroes. I wasnt that day i watched it). Also theyd have to leave it until ep 3 is out, otherwise that would completely ruin the effect of an episodic game. And the last thing, which part of the story would they base it on?

i'll leave you to decide

yer it would be a bad idiea dey would prob not base it on the game either like most movies from games do.

Back