half-life 2 movie

is it a good idea?

• great idea.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • nah, i wouldn't see it...

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
It WOULD be a really great movie if they could find a way to make it as good as the game...but i mostly believe they will mess this one up too.
Just like they have done with almost all of the game-to-movie things.

And IMO it be even worse if they would try to make it like the game was..."everything through Gordons perspective"...like doom:the movie was...first person movies suck.:sleep:
And they would have to make Gordon talk(i don't know how many times THIS has already been said), which would ruin the whole thing, since Gordon was NEVER INTENDED to talk at all(which is weird actually).

PS: The movie is in the making anyway so we just have to hope they won't **** it up!

i was just wondering what you guys think of a half-life or half-life 2 movie?
i think it's a great idea, i mean, doom had one, so why can HL??

I would say it would be a great idea1 I would love to see it made into a film! But only if they had the right people! Otherwise it will be a total wreck! It need to live up to the game!

Well what about if the movie doesn't actually concern Gordon that much, but only hints at him, like people pointing and saying "Look! It's Gordon Freeman! He's in the canals fighting cops!"

It would also, of course, have to use the real music from the games, unless they get Mr. Bailey to make movie only tracks.

It's Valve final decision, of course, but remember, a Half-life movie doesn't necessarily have to show Freeman, it could just as easily be about Barney at Black Mesa in Blue Shift, escaping with Dr. Rosenberg, or maybe Shephard or even those women in Decay,or Barney leading the Resistance in City 17. Think outside the box.

EDIT: The shelling of Ravenholm! That would be nice to see, or maybe the attack on Nova Prospekt, from the perspective of the guards.

OOO.
What would all the monsters look like?
Like the ichy.
Or the advisor.
Or the tentacle, or whatever part of half-life they are making the movie about.:smoking:

No. The games are the perfect medium for the stories Valve has to tell.

Back