• I'd love to go, and have no problem

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • I wouldn't like to go, sorry

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been giving this some serious organisational thought over the past few days.

The place would be London, UK, a fairly easy place to get to, but of course, voice any objections here :)

Suggestions of what to do are greatly appriciated. Of course, you'd need written permission from your parents if you are under 18, and I ask that they know what you are doing and where you are going.

Anyway, discuss :)

Would you like this to happen.. would you be able to make it?

ComradeBadger said:
Would you like this to happen.. would you be able to make it?

Tick. Cross.

Well, I am overdue for my 'big OE'.

What would we do in London?

It's not a bad location because I can get the train from Edinburgh to London pretty easily. Though I've only been to London once, so I'd be scared.

I voted for "I wouldn't like to go, sorry" as I dont know anyone on the forums.
But this topics for regs really so Im going to leave it now :p

Well I could get tickets to fly over there for next to nothing.. But I dont have the money for hotels and what not. A trip to england would be fun,and ofcourse i wouldnt go just for a hl2.net get together.:p

Ohh i asume HL2.net will cover my expences.

Sure i'll come :D

how about newport california. great, thanks.

I would love to go, but I have a very busy schedule

ComradeBadger said:
The place would be London, UK, a fairly easy place to get to, but of course, voice any objections here :)

Nah, party at my house.

Bring boobs.

crabcakes66 said:
But I dont have the money for hotels and what not.

Interesting point, where do people stay afterwards/during?

burnzie said:
Bring boobs.
I'm on my way!! Though we'll need a tv and a dvd player....and ...a box of kleenex....and some country kettle chips.

God i love those chips.

1. London is too far.

2. My brother would laugh at me.... :p

3. My friends would laugh at me.... :p

4. My mum would even laugh at me.... :p

So all in all, allthough I would love to meet you guys... :p

Sorry!

I'd love to go, but I can't make it due to location

;(

Yeah.

Midlands!

Where can you see Brummies and country boys? Only in the Midlands!
Midlands midlands midlands midlands!

if you were to perhaps host this meetup somewhere in the north, i'd maybe make it down :) london is a bit of a distance

Wonderfull idea! And i'd like to be part of the "organizing crew", if possible. IMO London is a very good choice. It should be held during some kind of holidays. Preferably somtime when alot of different countries are having leave from school. Like say in mid july? or easter?

Onions said:
if you were to perhaps host this meetup somewhere in the north, i'd maybe make it down :) london is a bit of a distance

(i know i'm not that far up north now, but hopefully come results day my new home will be :p)

I'd go, if only for a trip to London. I went to London with some collage friends not so long ago, and it was fantastic...Not just because it was London, but it was somewhere different and it was just us.

It seems to me London would be the easiest place to get to really..Ok, perhaps not so convenient for us UK people up north but anyone from another country would probably get a flight to London rather than anywhere else...Perhaps Birmingham or Manchester(Thats near me :O) though.

Mr-Fusion said:
I'm on my way!! Though we'll need a tv and a dvd player....and ...a box of kleenex....and some country kettle chips.

God i love those chips.

HaHa w00t

:D

yeah those kettle chips sure have a certain "ass kicking" quality to them. :)

i'd yote yes but I think over 18's only as im sure we would want 2 go 2 the pub.

I'll gladly come if someone'll pay my air fare. And this thing can be schedueled to coincide with my next lot of university hols...

a compromise should be made, personally i live in london but it should be in the midlands. derby/coventry/nottingham/manchester will have some good venues worth investigating... perhaps just the old SavLAN place in coventry (although its very hot)

I would go but im afraid that you guys would beat me to death with a rock and eat my brains. ;(

Brian Damage said:
I'll gladly come if someone'll pay my air fare. And this thing can be schedueled to coincide with my next lot of university hols...

join me and fusion, we're having a boob party :D

:|

Who do the boobs belong to? Or are you both finally admitting to being boobs?

If it's going to be 18+ then we have got to have it after the 26th august 2005 :p

Brian Damage said:
:|

Who do the boobs belong to? Or are you both finally admitting to being boobs?

pfft so not invited now :hmph:

Bah. Obviously, the hl2.net meetup needs to take place in sweden! :E

Already done 3 trips to London this year, I'm not sure I'll be able to threaten my parents to buy me another one :(

i reckon it'd be easier for each country to have their own meetup. there seems to be quite a few members from sweden/finland/germany/usa/australia etc. might be a nightmare for everyone to make it to london.

there's loads to do in london. but if you northeners want to be satisfied, then i'd gladly make the trip to birmingham or coventry or whatever. sort of 'meet in the middle'.

Ya I have location problems too. No money to fly and even if I could I definately wouldn't fly on Canada's national air line. Maybe British air lines could get me there. :p

London? The venue would be better suited being central to the UK, that way people at the extremes would have equal expenses in getting there rather than some people in scotland paying loads and some others not.

How about Huddersfield? :p

Huddersfield...heh, it takes me about 40 minutes by car. Not sure if you have heard of it, but I live in Stalybridge.

The problem with huddersfield is that its basically a big roundabout... :p

Yeah, if we were going to have a hl2.net meetup it would be cool if we could all live at the same place, or atleast close to eachother.

Ok well the international meetup place will be london. If you want a national hl2.net meetup for say....people in sweden or U.S.A then say so and a location can be made to meet up. Obviously there will be no national meetup for Uk people it would be london :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back