half life 2 no cd patch??

barnett

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a no cd patch?

The story is that I had to put in my dvd drive in instead of the normal cd drive so that I could play half life 2. The thing is my dad wants to burn some cd's but cant because the dvd drive isnt capable :(

I dont wanna keep swapping around CD drives just so that I can play half life 2 or burn cd's!!!

Any help will be cool :) cheers

I thought Valve had patched Steam so the CD was no longer required.

Goethe said:
you don't need your CD to play HL2 anymore.
:D Goethe you are correct and you are becoming a helpful part of the community :) Change is good, keep it up! :thumbs:

Hectic Glenn said:
:D Goethe you are correct and you are becoming a helpful part of the community :) Change is good, keep it up! :thumbs:
Hehe, Hectic Glenn. What do you do, follow Goethe around, stalking him, making sure he doesn't make any stupid posts? :p

Anyway, aren't No CD patches counted as like... Hacks, for steam? So it'll pick them up and ban your account or something?

Also "Roger that" on the big Steam now not needing CD issue... :D

Yeah you don't need a no-cd patch unless you're a pirate.

Found out i didn't need my cd by accidently not putting it in, worrying, but everything worked.

So long as you've recieved confirmation from Valve/Steam that your CD-Key is tied to your Steam account, you don't need the HL2 CD in the drive anymore. I'd avoid Cd-Patches like the plague anyway as far as Valve's anti-piracy policy goes. You get your Steam account locked because you've modified the game for such a petty reason, and then you'll be P'Oed.

Don't screw with Valve or Steam. Especially as you don't need to.

DO NOT download any cracks, patches, or anything of the kind from any websites in relation to HL2. Odds are you'll use one that doesnt work, as its forwarding your Steam details to whoever created the program.

Install HL2 on the PC you desire and Steam will automatically update everything. In one of these updates Valve removed the CD-Check, cant remember why, something to do with fixing problems.

Dekstar it would seem that way wouldnt it! I honestly dont mean to, it just happens, maybe deep down theres a connection we dont know about...but im still watching for his next thread, i have an idea for one. 'How comes Alyx is spelt Alyx not Alyx' or something more pointless like 'DOG is GOD backwards...is dog god? aka Gmans superiors?' Ahhhh sorry all in good fun Goethe :)

on topic, get a no cd patch and expect a steam id ban, which happened to many people cos it looked like an illegal version they had. So avoid that at all costs, which shouldnt matter anyway as, as Goethe said you dont need the dvd no more!

I only recently realised that HL2 didn't need the disc to play, as i looked in the drive and there was no disc- and i had been playing the game for a week without the disc :p

Sweet, nice to know. Just gotta wait for Steam to update before I play it tonight (a whole 5 minutes :LOL: ).

:cheers:

Don't EVER try to crack HL2, or Valve will ban your account, leaving you without any games and you won't get a refund.

If you have a dsl modem, you could just unplug for about an hour, so it would reset your IP address. Then you could re-register.

Or just call up your ISP to reset.

Though he'd permanently lose his key if the account got banned.

If you have a dsl modem, you could just unplug for about an hour, so it would reset your IP address. Then you could re-register.
Yes, but what about the games you bought on your old account?

Yeah you don't need a no-cd patch unless you're a pirate.

That is complete and utter CRAP.

I can think of at least a DOZEN games companies that have released their OWN no cd patches or cracks for their own customers.

I can think of another ten or fifteen that have in the past encouraged and assisted me in doing a CD dump (empty all cd's to HDD then get no cd patch) to avoid disc swapping and or thrashing.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't post,okay?

In many countries including Australia, NO CD patches are legal

I now have a no cd patch for a game I bought recently, Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom.Wanna take two guesses who suggested I get one?

SunHawk said:
That is complete and utter CRAP.

I can think of at least a DOZEN games companies that have released their OWN no cd patches or cracks for their own customers.

I can think of another ten or fifteen that have in the past encouraged and assisted me in doing a CD dump (empty all cd's to HDD then get no cd patch) to avoid disc swapping and or thrashing.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't post,okay?

In many countries including Australia, NO CD patches are legal

I now have a no cd patch for a game I bought recently, Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom.Wanna take two guesses who suggested I get one?

No, I meant in reference to Half-Life 2, you don't need a No-CD patch (unless you're a pirate) because since it's validated over steam you can play without the CD :p
Hence only a pirate (naughty) would need a No-CD(and probably no-steam) patch for HL2.
I wasn't talking about any other games.
So hey it wasn't CRAP at all, in the context I clearly implied, since this is a HALF-LIFE 2 FORUM, not other games. If you would like to discuss your no-cd cracks for them, please go here

And if you can't deduce correctly from my post, don't reply, huh? You don't control my rights to post.

No need to get all worked up.

Back