Half Life 2 Not For Xbox?

I highly doubt Xbox 2 will be released this year, for two or three reasons. First, there is some highly anticipated games being released around the time of E3 (When they would announce XBox 2 most likely). Second, it would be stupid for them to release the xbox holliday bundle (like they did) and everybody waste their money on a regular xbox when they could be saving for an xbox 2. Last, it's not been really that long *In console terms* since XBox has been released. So I highly doubt XBox 2 will be released this year.

satch919 said:
Well, the next generation of consoles will make it a more level playing field. Im guessing that for a short while, consoles will have a few graphically superior games out that rival the best on PC. Therefore, porting won't be as difficult because the power of the console will have shot up dramatically.

Are you kidding? Consoles are like produced once every 5 years, a new piece of hardware is produced every month or two! Even if the console is better than the PC the month it is released, it is already obsolete in a few months as far as graphical superiority goes.

CookieCuttah said:
Are you kidding? Consoles are like produced once every 5 years, a new piece of hardware is produced every month or two! Even if the console is better than the PC the month it is released, it is already obsolete in a few months as far as graphical superiority goes.

No, im not kidding. I said, "for a short while".

Consoles, as I understand, are actually easier to develop for because you know what hardware you're working with. PC's have to accommodate a bunch of different systems with all kinds of configurations. Console devs get the most out of the system while the PC crowd just waits for the next graphics card to arrive before pushing the envelop again. Next generation consoles will be able to hold their own for a decent amount of time. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at the quality of the next gen machines.

You know, I didn't realise it was possible for people to spend so much money on great PCs for gaming, and then still feel so insecure that they would have to insult people who have video consoles and voice their disgust that a PC game might actually be ported to the Xbox.

Console gaming has been around for a lot longer than PC gaming. Let people who play on consoles get on with it and stop trying to decide what they should and shouldn't play.

I'm assuming the majority of you (myself included) began your gaming lives on a console system (for me it was the NES around 1989), so what's with all the hostility towards consoles? :|

Hey, if it gets my friends in HL, I'm all for it.

Absinthe said:
I don't understand this entire "Console gamers don't deserve HL2" mentality. Nor do I understand how Valve developing a console game would be an indication of them abandoning their "real" fans.
Here’s my 2 cents. my feelings are all games should be ported to pc (at least the goodones), people will still buy both. but since other developers don't play that way i think consoles suck. I didn’t used to feel this way, but ever since Capcom released the Resident Evil remakes exclusively for gamecube a couple years ago, I decided to hate consolers. I hope they do not release HL2 for xbox 2, we pc gamers should have 1 great game to hold over their heads.

i wish HL would just stay to PC, i think it lowers HL's rep by going to a console.in my eye's i see console player's inferior :) BUT thats just me

Victorious said:
i wish HL would just stay to PC, i think it lowers HL's rep by going to a console.in my eye's i see console player's inferior :) BUT thats just me

Money is money. If going to console means more money then let it be.

Considering there's alot more people with a console it would be stupid not to port over to it.

yeah i know it would help out valve but im a loyal PC gamer i guess and i dont want them to have it :(

Victorious said:
yeah i know it would help out valve but im a loyal PC gamer i guess and i dont want them to have it :(

ok i know this topic is dying, but that's just stupid lol

Not a fan of FPS's on gamepads. I wish they'd make a mouse but I doubt thats going to happen.

That having been said, consoles are generally the best thing out when they first hit the market. If HL2 hits Xbox2, it will be f'n sweet no doubt.

Cant wait to buy my Xbox 2 so I can take it apart :D

f|uke said:
Not a fan of FPS's on gamepads. I wish they'd make a mouse but I doubt thats going to happen.

That having been said, consoles are generally the best thing out when they first hit the market. If HL2 hits Xbox2, it will be f'n sweet no doubt.

Cant wait to buy my Xbox 2 so I can take it apart :D

You can plug a USB mouse and keyboard into the PS2, but hardly any games have compatibility for it...i have no idea why.

I probably would of bought a ps2 if more games added mouse and keyboard support.

Yombi said:
You can plug a USB mouse and keyboard into the PS2, but hardly any games have compatibility for it...i have no idea why.

I probably would of bought a ps2 if more games added mouse and keyboard support.
You can plug a USB mouse into an Xbox as well (after splicing some wires),. but still, no game support. Works great for homebrew Xbox software tho.

It is my understanding that, as far as the Xbox is concerned, MS wanted to shake off the whole "Xbox is a PC" stigma, which is why they never released the periferal. And for devs, I guess its just not worth it, as mouse movement is a very different kind of control then analog sticks. (note that most console to pc ports have relativly shitty mouse control when compaired to native PC titles)

I don't see the Xbox being able to play the game with its full (or even acceptable) graphical prowess on display. On the other hand, from what I've heard the port of Doom 3 is turning out surprisingly well.

Frankly though, I don't care too much on if it comes out for the Xbox. As long as some console system that can run it as it SHOULD be run has it, then the console gamers should also get some HL2 lovin'.

Greatgat said:
I don't see the Xbox being able to play the game with its full (or even acceptable) graphical prowess on display. On the other hand, from what I've heard the port of Doom 3 is turning out surprisingly well.

Frankly though, I don't care too much on if it comes out for the Xbox. As long as some console system that can run it as it SHOULD be run has it, then the console gamers should also get some HL2 lovin'.

theres a rumour flying around thta their waiting for xbox2

Back