Half-Life 2 officially rated Mature!!!

Hey - ESRB just updated that.

It wasn't there 2 hours ago.

[fanboy] OMG!!!1111 HL2 is teh gold111!!! [/fanboy]

does someone really care about ESRB ratings?

Volcane said:
But it wasn't on the esrb website until now.

Yes, I know.

I checked it 2 hours ago - it's just been added. Maybe we'll be hearing gold VERY soon. ESRB only rates the final approved RC.

lans said:
Yes, I know.

I checked it 2 hours ago - it's just been added. Maybe we'll be hearing gold VERY soon. ESRB only rates the final approved RC.

I was replying to Dr0ndeh :naughty:

lans said:
Yes, I know.

omg !!
your post just made me very happy !! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nice

very nice....as i remember didnt doom3 go gold soon after esrb actually posted its rating on their site...? *shrugs*

I didn't know that lans.
How do you know that? I didn't find anything stating that they only rate the final and only the final accepted RC of a game.

Ohh I didn't know that either.

In any event, it's one more thing of the list of things to do before the game is released. One step closer.

Dead-Inside said:
I didn't know that lans.
How do you know that? I didn't find anything stating that they only rate the final and only the final accepted RC of a game.

It coincides with the "gold tommorow" rumors. Even Doom 3 was officially listed on ESRB.org as "M", a day or two before it went gold. Trust me, I track these games down quite frequently.

OH man, all my studying ambition for my exam tonight just went out the window. Could this be the start of our trip to the city?

The ESRB has deemed "Half-Life 2" rated M for the following:
- Blood
- Intense Violence
- OMG SUPERGHEY SHADOWZZ!!!1! LOLLOLOLOLOL

PostalTape said:
OH man, all my studying ambition for my exam tonight just went out the window.

Same here dude, and with the help of CS:S it found it's way into a trashcan too.

lans said:
Yes, I know.

submitted for your approval from the esrb.org FAQ:

http://www.esrb.org/esrbratings_faqs.asp#4

How are the games rated?

To get a game certified with an ESRB rating, publishers fill out a detailed questionnaire explaining exactly what's in the game, and submit it to ESRB along with actual videotaped footage of the game, showing the most extreme content and an accurate representation of the context and product as a whole. Working independently, three trained raters then view the game footage and recommend the rating and content descriptors they believe are most appropriate. ESRB then compares the raters' recommendations to make sure that there's consensus. Usually, the raters agree and their recommendation becomes final. However, when the raters recommend different ratings, additional raters may be requested to review the game in order to reach broader consensus. Once consensus on a rating and content descriptors is reached, ESRB issues an official rating certificate to the game's publisher.

When the game is ready for release to the public, publishers send copies of the final product to the ESRB. The game packaging is reviewed to make sure the ratings are displayed in accordance with ESRB standards. Additionally, ESRB's in-house game experts randomly play the final games to verify that all the information provided during the rating process was accurate and complete.
now one thing this doesn't say is if the official rating is posted on esrb.org after the official rating certificate is issued to the publisher, or if the ESRB only publishes the rating after the events described in the second paragraph occur.

hmmmmm.....

either way i'd say a gold announcement is extremely close. :E

heed said:

now one thing this doesn't say is if the official rating is posted on esrb.org after the official rating certificate is issued to the publisher, or if the ESRB only publishes the rating after the events described in the second paragraph occur.

hmmmmm.....

PLEASE GOD !!
LET THIS BE TRUE !!
omg im so happy !

Those guys at Troika must be peeved as hell, having to wait until Half-Life 2 releases before they get to release their baby. I'd love to see the look on their faces if Half-Life 2 is pushed into an 05' release.

heed said:

hmmmmm.....

Thanks for furthur proving my point. :)

Gold can be anytime now.

wasnt it the fact that it was rated by the ESRB that let people know that doom3 went gold the next day?

heres to hoping :E

Cool, I was at a point when I would check that twice a day once, work picked up tho. your totaly a HL2 crack head.

BTW: has anybody seen the stalker game movies?

GWalker said:
Cool, I was at a point when I would check that twice a day once, work picked up tho. your totaly a HL2 crack head.

BTW: has anybody seen the stalker game movies?

Where? They're new I presume?

lans said:
Vampires had been rated since before E3 2004. Fact.

Even the website had the rating.

Also, the new trailer has the rating.

Ah well, nevermind then :monkee:. Here is hoping that Half-life 2 turning up on the ESRB website means something though :cheese:.

lans said:
Thanks for furthur proving my point. :)

Gold can be anytime now.
my pleasure.

Volcane said:
Ah well, nevermind then :monkee:. Here is hoping that Half-life 2 turning up on the ESRB website means something though :cheese:.
Volcane, this is just my opinion, but i believe your hope is now looking forward to that which is certain, as opposed to mere wishful thinking. :)

now then. aren't facts more satisfying than rumors?

Blood and Gore,Intense Violence,Sexual Themes,Strong Language

Bloodlines does have strong language... well there goes my hope for Gordon saying "I'm gonna shoot you in the face, BIAAAATCH!! Ya' want sum of this mothafacka?? Come and get it BITCH!"

My anticipation for this game is dwindling faster than the reputation of John Romero after Daikatana.

how did people notice this? who checks that website regularly. lol we must really want hl2 :)

This is great news in my opinion. I don't want any holds barred in Half-Life 2. I know that's not what a teen rating would necessarily imply but still.

Back