Half-Life 2 officially rated Mature!!!

is it a big surprise to you folks, or did u think it was going to be rated "E"?

NO REALLY!? I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE RATED EVERYONE!

duh....

ATI4EVER! said:
erm...thats kind of like what i said.

i don't read these things to the last page (unless it's a response after i respond) buddy. sorry if i stole all your credit :cool:

http://www.esrb.com/esrbratings_faqs.asp

How are the games rated?

To get a game certified with an ESRB rating, publishers fill out a detailed questionnaire explaining exactly what's in the game, and submit it to ESRB along with actual videotaped footage of the game, showing the most extreme content and an accurate representation of the context and product as a whole. Working independently, three trained raters then view the game footage and recommend the rating and content descriptors they believe are most appropriate. ESRB then compares the raters' recommendations to make sure that there's consensus. Usually, the raters agree and their recommendation becomes final. However, when the raters recommend different ratings, additional raters may be requested to review the game in order to reach broader consensus. Once consensus on a rating and content descriptors is reached, ESRB issues an official rating certificate to the game's publisher.

When the game is ready for release to the public, publishers send copies of the final product to the ESRB. The game packaging is reviewed to make sure the ratings are displayed in accordance with ESRB standards. Additionally, ESRB's in-house game experts randomly play the final games to verify that all the information provided during the rating process was accurate and complete.

silly people said:
"Was it a suprise its rated M?"
Youre missing the point of the thread.
some newbie said:
Have you seen STALKER?
Most of us are aware of this game, and how it has nothing to do with this thread at all. Go talk about it in the "other games" forum. Oh, and if thats new to you, you might want to check out FEAR as well.
ESRB said:
Rated M for Blood, Intense Violence
Aww yah, love me some blood and intense violence!

Between this and the new ?move=truth, I'm thinking we'll have a Gold announcement in the next few days.

Just glad to hear that they didn't water anything down to go for a teen rating or something, but then again Valve wouldn't do that :eek:

Back