Half Life 2 - Prison_07 recorded Demos

J

jack_nova

Hello,
"d2_prison_07" is a difficult Half Life 2 stage. You are locked in an area where Combines can encounter thru four doorways. The great thing about Half Life 2 is there are usually more then one solution.
Look at : http://www.gammox.net/hl2prison07.html

Copy the file to the "half-life 2\hl2" dir, start Half Life 2 and type inside the console "playdemo [filename]".

Use the following setup to ensure victory; only grenades can knock your turrets over.
Hide behind the ammo box and spam smg when you see combine or manhacks.

A simple box can keep combines from actually walking inside your hallway.

No need to barricade entrances or do anything else like using extra turrets or the filing cabinets and tables from the office above, unless you feel like it.

Attachments

• turret1.jpg
    turret1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 283
  • turret 2.jpg
    turret 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 264
  • turret3.jpg
    turret3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 264
Could you record this strategy?
Seems very simular to the Ammo Protection method. Did you watch the demos?
The "No Shot" solution even don't need any auto cannons!

That's really cool, thanks for the link.

When I went through the game I did the "Higher Ground" one. :)

good job. nice comprehensive guide to one of the more difficult bits in the game.

OMG, I had to try that part 8 times, but looking at this I have to say I did it the uber hard way, but it still took me less than an hour, hehe. :LOL: :devil: :p :sniper: :sniper: :afro: :monkee:

The trick to beating it legitmately (no extra turrets, cabinets, or tables) is to keep the turrets up. Since they can't get destroyed, finding narrow spots to keep that back prop up is the key.

Just keep an eye out for manhacks and defend the side with only one turret more often.

Oh well ... the legitimately way.. hm... in Doom3 there are only legitimately ways...boring game ;-)
In "The Hard Way" and "Higher Ground" no extras was used.

Not sure why people needed an extra strategy on this part, even on hard I just propped the turrets far away enough that grenades wouldnt knock down more than 1 and then I just went trigger happy with the shotgun, it didnt seem harder that alot of later parts in the game.

Because of the FUN in it... but I guess we got the message : "you are a master in HL2" ... maybe you show us you're mastership in a record?

There is no illegal way to do a part of the game outside of bug exploits/cheats. I say bringing an extra turret and stacking boxes/cabinets to give them cover is a great strategy.

I usually put the cabinet just far enough ahead of the turret that the grenade bounces off it and the blast won't push it into the turret.

Hehe i stacked boxes and climbed the fence into the middle platform with an arch celling. After they got the turrets they couldn't even see me if i didnt get out and look for a combine to kill. They threw a nade or two but they couldnt rush me like in the office.

Back