Half-life 2: Raising the Bar

BigWalnutZ

Reaction score
wondering if there is any additional information on this book. when does it come out especially, I remember a while back it was on front page, and they said there would be updates as they got them, but i am impatient. i need something to do waiting for this game and my video card to be available

They really should not print the puppy untill the game hits shelves,.. untill that point, the whole story cannot be told!

Actually,. really, the whole story cant be told until these lawsuits are settled.

BigWalnutZ said:
i need something to do waiting for this game and my video card to be available

Try going outside.

yes, because there is something inherently great about going outside. not sure what it is yet, but SMT probably knows

Freakaloin said:
theres a book called raising the bar? whats it about?

The development of HL2.

poseyjmac said:
yes, because there is something inherently great about going outside. not sure what it is yet, but SMT probably knows

going outside ****ing sucks. its hot and too humid and theres nothing to do out there. **** that shit.

i bet valve wont even tell the truth. It will be a big peice of corporate propoganda to cover their incompetence or the fact steam wasnt ready. :p

Isn't it up to them what they put in their own book?

It would be interesting if they talked about why they didn't officially delay the game until the last minute and whatnot. Highly doubtful, but interesting nonetheless.

I had just planned on reading all the intro stuff talking about halflife and the earlier stuff, and not reading the HL2 stuff till after

i haven't read a book in over 6 years and i have been in college for 4 years, somehow i still manage dean's list

going outside ****ing sucks. its hot and too humid and theres nothing to do out there. **** that shit.
Outdoor sex is quite good fun. If you have a girlfriend.

I dont really get the point of the book myself, i understand that a lot of people would like it, but to me it just seems like cashing in on the brand. Sure HL2 will be a great game hopefully, but its still only a game and unless you really are fascinated by everything that went into the games developement then i can see it being a fairly dull read.

NB. said:
I dont really get the point of the book myself, i understand that a lot of people would like it, but to me it just seems like cashing in on the brand. Sure HL2 will be a great game hopefully, but its still only a game and unless you really are fascinated by everything that went into the games developement then i can see it being a fairly dull read.
indeed it does intrest me...and i could use some honing of my reading skills, lol haven't read a real book in ages.

I have already pre-ordered a copie.

It's going to be a limited one Gamestop says 50 000ex only but who knows if they're right.

* Hardback, full color, coffee-table trim size

* Only 50,000 books will be printed
* Foreword written by Gabe Newell, Founder and Managing Director of Valve
* Never-before-heard developer interviews, comments, and anecdotes about the creation of HL2
* Evolution of Gordon Freeman, including early doodles, alterations, outfit changes, HALF-LIFE metamorphosis, and current look in HL2
* Intense retrospective on the evolution of Half-Life, and Valve, from early concepts of the original Half-Life, to the creation of Counter-Strike, and beyond to the next level in gaming
* Behind the Screams: The team talks candidly about some of the key elements of HL2, and how they created them.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=871706

Edit:

Making Of Half-Life 2 Book Interview
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=25999

:) Yes, go outside. Meet some girls, if you're lucky girls that would kiss each other for fun!

Back