Half Life 2 release date August 1, 2004

prolly closed @_@

anyway, dont trust release dates, ever...

they are basicly guessing...

It looks like another retailer guesstimated date. Could be pretty close though.

Ah guys, does this remind you of last summer? When we got bunch of people saying "my cousin works in Eb games, he told me HL2 comes out on September 30th for sure."

Here is a tip for you, don’t expect HL2 this summer, and when HL2 comes out this summer, you will be pleasantly surprised. If it doesn’t, than at least you won’t be disappointed so much.

To be honest, I'm concentrating on other things other then release dates at the moment so luckily I'm taking no notice.

Still waiting on new material though.

Once again it will be an estimated release based on the official word of "Summer 2004". Bare in mind, computers being what they are, a lot of systems require specific information. Looking at that list there on Gamespot it seems as though there are two formats an actual date and "TBA". I guess rather than putting down "TBA" they decided to put in a rough date based on the last release announcment (Summer).

You'll find with a lot of websites and companies they can't even display release information as "TBC" or "TBA" so they'll just make a date up to keep the system happy.

My uncles aunts sisters brothers cousins sons sisters nephew called Sandra says it will be released yesterday, news uploaded to gamespot.

oops i think i posted wrong... i am srry. i too think the release date is aug 1st btw!!!

AcousticToad said:
My uncles aunts sisters brothers cousins sons sisters nephew called Sandra says it will be released yesterday, news uploaded to gamespot.
A nephew called Sandra? :p

I don't think they would release a game on a Sunday.

They always wanted a girl. Gamespo seem to say the most obtuse things from the gaming industry, i dont trust info from them.

I am still holding out for a Sept 30 release

I actually heard that it will be released in the 1st Quarter of 2005. But, hopefully that's just a false rumor.

I believe the release date will be some day in September of 2004.

When Valve gives a release date, then we can talk about it. Do not trust any other release dates except for valve's. (not counting in Sept. 30, 2003).

And enough about Sept. 30/2003. That's old and irrelevant news.

dream431ca said:

So's the bible but people still use that as info.

Hamsterdam said:
So's the bible but people still use that as info.

cept theres a difference between a release date for a game, and a book that was inspired by god.

but then again that is totally off-topic so...

edit: by the way, welcome to the forums Hamsterdam

I wish the forum would tazer anyone that starts a stupid thread about a release date rumor thats source is anything other than Doug or Gabe, this whole thread is an exercise in futilty that has been repeated here too many times.

Lockage needed.

I don't know why everyone hates doug so much. He's most likely just told what to say by Gabe (gabe's the CEO right?).

edit: and I doubt the lying/marketing was his sole decision.

Fact is, even Valve would not know the EXACT date just yet. They might announce one at E3, but even that will be a target they will work for, not a knowing calculation of exactly how much longer it will take. So any third party guesses are bound to be a waste of time.

Only release date we'll get outa them at E3 is a month , which is good enuff i guess :)

Better than 'this summer' right ?

we will probobly get that info on e3 very soon.

lol calm down e3 is this very week

*PRAISE THE LORD*

the only info necessary will be given on which ever day valve chooses to release the info. btw, why do people hate doug? anyone seen the interview with him that gamespy did? it's pretty good.

dream431ca said:
When Valve gives a release date, then we can talk about it. Do not trust any other release dates except for valve's. (not counting in Sept. 30, 2003).

Lol, and November, and December, and early spring too?

I'd trust anyone but Valve.

I think they said somewhere that the game will be released on wednesday or friday, or something..nothing about sunday.

ferd said:
its gona come out, when it's ready :p

Yes, a very good point, I said that to my college this morning at work when he asked about the game :farmer:

As I posted in the release date betting thread I said around 20th of june, but i'll bump that with a month.

[[LuCkY]] said:
Lol, and November, and December, and early spring too?

I'd trust anyone but Valve.
uhh the only release date valve ever gave was sept 30. the nov and dec were always "holiday season" which valve never committed to as a "date." the early spring (april) was a vivendi date.

Jackal hit said:
uhh the only release date valve ever gave was sept 30. the nov and dec were always "holiday season" which valve never committed to as a "date." the early spring (april) was a vivendi date.

I didn't say they were set dates, they were 'projected' times. Quit trying to kid yourself and defend Valve.

2005 at the earliest.

Back