Half-Life 2 "Repercussions"

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Hope your all well :)

I'm proud to reveal that our film, Half-Life 2 "Repercussions" (Working title) is now in Pre-Production and is going very well. We'll be shooting within a shipyard in the west coast of Scotland, with a small crew of around ten people and hopeully will be shooting in a few months time :)

The film follows Gordon Freeman travelling alone again after the events of City 17. With the loss of Alxy (details yet to be confirmed, but what we got from the Trailer for Episode 2) Gordon teams up with a Vortigaunt and is found within the grounds of a shipyard, after being caught by a group of striders and hunters. Gordon and the Vortigaunt must fight to survive, however it won't be easy to escape this time.

We will be updating our site, http://www.impatrik.com/HL2/HL2.html very soon with more news and information on the latest updates from Half-Life 2 "Repercussions".

I look forward to updating you :)

Jonathan

Gordon better not have a Scottish accent.

Gordon better not TALK, for that matter.

What budget are you working on?
Is this gonna be a "youtube, we made it in an afternoon" film or are you gonna do a really good job over a few months using CG striders e.t.c?

If you do a proper job, could be interesting, not the easiest of films to make requiring high level costume and graphics/special effects.

I would imagine the budget to be roughly 'nil'.

Beware that its illegal to pay anybody on work experience less than minimum wage.

Could be just his friends working on it though. Or he might go to mexico.

Not if its just a low budget home video camera movie, a fan film.

If this is like a live action version of HALF LIFE: FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES then I will have your babies.

gick said:
If this is like a live action version of HALF LIFE: FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES then I will have your babies.

Have you read the sequels to that, and his other MGS/Halo stories? They're all exactly the same..

Character X recieves notification that character Y is in danger. Character X travels faster and faster doing backflips to character Y's location. Character X uses large weapon to kill "boss" and promises revenge for the death of character Y. The last line is then "to be continued...?" every single ****ing time.

Priceless really.

DreadLord1337 said:
Have you read the sequels to that, and his other MGS/Halo stories? They're all exactly the same..

Character X recieves notification that character Y is in danger. Character X travels faster and faster doing backflips to character Y's location. Character X uses large weapon to kill "boss" and promises revenge for the death of character Y. The last line is then "to be continued...?" every single ****ing time.

Priceless really.

Holy shit really? Where can I find these works of literary genius?

DreadLord1337 said:

Priceless really.

Sounds freaking awesome. A good story can never have too many backflips, in my opinion.

gick said:
Holy shit really? Where can I find these works of literary genius?
Not to de-rail the thread.

But:
Halflife: Fulllife Consequences

Halflife:FullLife Consequences 2:WhatHasTobeDone (Lol at the name.. WHAT HAS TOBE DONE??)
Metal Gear Solid: Fight of Metal Gears
Metal Gear Solid: Fight of Metal Gears 2

Halo: Halos in Space

They are amazing works of literature.

Joe Chief was in space and had wepons and was a army guy but he wasnt a robot liek Master Chief so he didnt fly.

POOR JOE CHIEF, HE COULDN'T FLY!!1

Then John Freeman saw something bad. A headcrab was on Gordon Freeman! Gordon Freeman standed up and said "John Freeman... you got here slow and now i am zombie goast. you will pay..."

to be continued...?

I love this guy!

DreadLord1337 said:
*links to bad fanfic*

Awesome, thanks!

John Freeman picked up a laser gun and aimed it at trees to see if he could. John Freeman shot and tree fell down in front of him. John Freeman seen eggs fall out of the tree and he put them back home safe.

"These birds dont have to see Gordon Freeman yet. its not time." John Freeman said to him.

WTF?

Back on topic:
What sort of budget is this on? What are you using for costumes etc? Also good luck, have fun etc.

Hey everyone,

thanks for taking part in this thread :)

The film has a decent budget with enough money to cover everything we need to get for it. In terms of Gordon talking, he won't be Scottish, he might not talk in the game but I know he isn't Scottish lol The script is written, with no dialogue for Gordon, however, we need to think about it in terms of it being real, and he will talk, but if we have dialogue, he isn't going to sound like the master chief, or be cheesy in general.

It's going to be a harsh, gritty, and real Half-Life film, with some incredible moments to get the Half-Life feeling rushing through you :)

In terms of being legal, it is, no one is being paid and it's not being used for commercial use ;)

We are working on the website just now and hope to have something new very soon, and we hope you enjoy your time there :D

Thanks for replying, and I look forward to updating you with more news.

Jonny

Cool! Hope it works out, you should have fun making it aswell, it's an interesting concept.

Parrot of doom said:
I would imagine the budget to be roughly 'nil'.

Beware that its illegal to pay anybody on work experience less than minimum wage.

it is? SHIT

Yes, work experience cannot be used as a get-out for not paying the national minimum wage. Very illegal now.

People working on the film are volunteers and close friends of mines working in professional fields. The money is going towards food for the cast and crew, props and costumes, nothing more.

;)

Jonny

Did you seriously need to get two accounts? ;) No worries, good luck. Hope to see it around soon

Hey peeps,

god I didn't notice I used my old account last time I posted hehe.

Anyway, I'd like to update you on news that Gordon Freeman has been cast, and we are now seeking to cast for the role of Alyx and the Resistance Members.

I'll be in touch with new updates and with new website updates.

Jonny ;)

Hey guys,

hehe, alrighty Trooper, I'll see what I can do. Thanks Skull, we'll keep you guys informed.

Soon we'll be bringing our producer to the project, something who has had experiance in TV and Film.

I'll be in touch :)

Jonno

Back