Half-Life 2 Review in #107 of PC Powerplay

tic

Reaction score
He just made a post in the pc powerplay forums saying why there was no review in #106 out this wednesday. here is what he has to say.

David
Editor, PCPP

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just on HL2 and the lack of a review in this issue of PCPP, I understand Future Publishing (the mega publishing house behind both PC Gamer UK and US) may have paid a substantial amount of money to ensure their magazines got the first reviews of HL2.

As a result we weren't able to publish a review until after the end of October. Unfortunately this meant our review couldn't appear until #107 goes on sale on November 17.

Still it looks quite likely we'll still have our review out at least a week prior to the release of the game.

And regarding the Battlefield book, this was only available with the DVD edition.

So he reckon's they will have a review of half-life 2 at least a week befor release? hope its early nov but might be late.

oh btw here is the forum link.
http://forums.pcpowerplay.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=28116&start=20

you will need to register to view it but.

Hmmm...............alot of fingers are pointing towardsa a late Nov. release.

Just on HL2 and the lack of a review in this issue of PCPP, I understand Future Publishing (the mega publishing house behind both PC Gamer UK and US) may have paid a substantial amount of money to ensure their magazines got the first reviews of HL2.

What a great industry.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
THEY SAID THEY WERE GONA REVIEW IT LAST ISSUE AND DIDNT AND NOW ANOTHER ISSUE TO WAIT!
i am a subsciber and am piiiiiiiiised off :flame:

He says issue 107 will be out for purchase on the 17th of November, and it will be atleast a week before HL2 comes out, so high hopes for nov.24th.-30th

phAttyboomba said:
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
THEY SAID THEY WERE GONA REVIEW IT LAST ISSUE AND DIDNT AND NOW ANOTHER ISSUE TO WAIT!
i am a subsciber and am piiiiiiiiised off :flame:

Hey hey, I'm a suscriber too, but it's out of their hands. In both cases when they've said it, it did look likely, but things out of their control delayed it. The whole thing with Future Publishing paying to get first reviews does look likely, too.

In an insteresting twist you guys may have remembered the big hl2 logo with the mispelt words "ITS DONE", well this time same hl2 logo but underneath "TAKE 2"

heheh

Warlock said:
Hey hey, I'm a suscriber too, but it's out of their hands. In both cases when they've said it, it did look likely, but things out of their control delayed it. The whole thing with Future Publishing paying to get first reviews does look likely, too.

let me just quote David Wildgoose's editorial in #105
*clears throat*
"we will definitely, categorically, undoubtedly have a review of Half Life 2 next issue..."

certianly makes me wonder....

Woo-berries!

I am so getting Issue #107!!!

Thank you for the info tic

Man this bites the big one, ive been waiting for the 106 issue for the review and now they wont have one for another F#cking month!
A pity too, since its my favorite mag, and ive already bought the PC Games Addict issue with a HL2 review - but man, PC Games Addict sucks compared to PCPP

all game mags suck compared to PCPP (mostly because its aussie)

late nov. release, although it's possibly gold already. :( why this long time frame?

well i just got my copy of the aussie mag PC GAMES ADDICT, so i beleive it is the first australian mag to review HL2.
it got 96% and they rekon the release date will be november 5th.
does anyone know if this is the same review as PC GAMER (UK)? i think they might actually be the same mag with a different name.

David
Editor, PCPP

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:59 pm Post subject:

...I understand Future Publishing (the mega publishing house behind both PC Gamer UK and US) may have paid a substantial amount of money to ensure their magazines got the first reviews of HL2...
And in other news, they may have not. His magazine got scooped and his response is to spin conspiracy theories. Now that's classy.

:rolleyes:

yeah the pc games addict is the same review as in pc gamer uk. everything is the same.

anyway im really hoping for a early nov release. & yeah i too am pissed off about the last 2 issue's. more so 105 with his 100% for sure review of half-life 2 in 106. anyway at least its coming but im not happy with them.

phAttyboomba said:
let me just quote David Wildgoose's editorial in #105
*clears throat*
"we will definitely, categorically, undoubtedly have a review of Half Life 2 next issue..."

certianly makes me wonder....
Kind of sums up there way of business. I know its out of there hands, but don't say your getting a review next realease when you don't know that for a fact, and to say something like that?

Dear me..

Well if the other magazines did pay money to get the first review then I think we can rule out the possibility that Valve and/or Vivendi paid the magazines to give HL2 a good review.

At least some good information could be derived from this. :)

even if they did pay substantial amounts of money to review it first.... IT HAS ALREADY BEEN REVIEWED? SO WHATS THE WAIT?

Back