Half-life 2 Slip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Valve assurances looking shaky as UK retail informs of a late October release

19:28 Information received via e-mail from UK retailer GAME by customers who have pre-ordered Half-Life 2 at its online store has thrown a rather large spanner into the HL2 release date works, we can reveal.
Despite Valve Software's Doug Lombardi insisting: "The release date is unchanged" when we questioned last week whether Half-Life 2 would hit its original September 30 deadline, GAME has recently told its customers that the title will not arrive until November.

The email notice to customers reads:

"As you may already be aware, the UK release date for 'Half-Life 2' has changed to Nov-2003.

"Please don't worry, your order is still 'live' and will be despatched to you on the day prior to the revised release date, via your chosen method of shipping, unless you advise us to the contrary."

Speaking to us this morning, a spokesperson for GAME said: "The latest date we have for Half-Life 2 is late October, and that was the information we got through yesterday, but obviously the date could change again."

When we asked if GAME received the information from publisher Vivendi, we were told: "It comes direct from the publisher."

The GAME spokesperson went on to point out that customers had received the November date via e-mail because: "That [the e-mail] most likely went out to customers before we received this updated release date.

"We expect to have an exact release date at then end of the month, maybe," they said.

So what does Half-Life 2 publisher Vivendi have to say about this? Talking to the publisher's UK arm, we were told that the official line on Half-Life 2's release date is: "To be confirmed."

Just when the September 30 date looked safe, along comes this. Crunch time will be around the middle of the month, when many expect Half-Life 2 to go Gold, if it's to hit its original date. Unless, of course, Valve plans to release the game over its broadband delivery system Steam first...

Source: PCZONE.COM

I am very ....:(

Seriously. We need a 'user ban function' or something. As soon as someone gets 10 votes agaisnt them, they're gone.

Or at least a similar system for deleting posts.

Not again. :rolleyes:

As many retailers have proven, they know next to nothing when it comes to release dates.

Means nothing... stuff like this has been said a hundred times. Wait till september 30th or official word from someone at Valve.. then be sad.

Read my sig you "OMG THEY CHANGED THE RELEASE DATE ON HL NEWBIE". Fragmaster has gotten to you and is clearly sucking your brain of all it's juices.

hush wormstrangler
i hope this isn't true tho, no official word so we can't be certain, lets just see what happens

This has been posted.

*****MM*****

Members ban.(kind of like a citizens arrest :) )

Originally posted by G0rgon
"We expect to have an exact release date at then end of the month, maybe," they said.
"We expect to have an exact release date when Half Life 2 has been released, maybe"

Crunch time will be around the middle of the month, when many expect Half-Life 2 to go Gold, if it's to hit its original date. Unless, of course, Valve plans to release the game over its broadband delivery system Steam first...

HAHAHA OMG!!11 WTF, i'd sure like to know where they got that info from?? or maybe they've got another of those Esp cia agents working there, one just like fragmaster...

that is what I had from my email...........:cool:

We've had enough of these topics. I'll close this by popular demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back