Half-Life 2 Story

he doesnot look 43 to me. That is why I brouht up time travel. But that is if the 15 years time lapse thing is true>

I think its true because many magazines said so.

I think its likely its a new HEV, as if your doing urban combat you want to blend in with the buildings i.e. more grey, if you wandering around in a bright orange suit your gunna stick out like an n-sync fan at a slayer concert!!!!

...yeah, but once again, do you want a wrinkly old gray-haired guy as your main character? Especially for an FPS that is supposed to appeal to not only the 20-30 range people, but the teenagers as well? Once again, this might boil down to the 'coolness factor'.

-Vert
EDIT: This is in reference to subs post.

that is my point man. That is why i think either it has only been 3 or 5 years OR timetravel/chryo frozen gordon.

i doubt we play as a 40-50 year old man.

...not to mention that the BMRF was specifically located in NEW MEXICO. The truth is, though, there is not an actual town or city in NM called Black Mesa, it's just a geological feature in the northwestern corner of the state that happens to cross into a few other states... (Nevada, Arizona and Colorado, I believe)
The actual town, Black Mesa is located in southern Nevada, I believe.

Originally posted by subs
that is my point man. That is why i think either it has only been 3 or 5 years OR timetravel/chryo frozen gordon.

i doubt we play as a 40-50 year old man.
You seem to have missed my point. What I'm trying to say is, I believe time HAS actually passed for Gordon, they just don't want to make him look all wrinkly and old. The time travel thing is a bit of a stretch/an overused excuse for games and movies, anyway. Considering how Marc Laidlaw is the backbone of the story, I doubt he would get that lazy.

-Vert

Originally posted by Cleric
I think its likely its a new HEV, as if your doing urban combat you want to blend in with the buildings i.e. more grey, if you wandering around in a bright orange suit your gunna stick out like an n-sync fan at a slayer concert!!!!

Yeah, in Half Life you wore the HEV Mark 4, over the years it's probably been upgraded to a Mark 5 or 6 :)

puke.gif
thats booooooguz..!!

Originally posted by Vertigo
The time travel thing is a bit of a stretch/an overused excuse for games and movies, anyway.

hah. if i were to have time travel and i was that gordon fool. I would ****ing travel back through time before that damn black mesa experiment and tell those scientist fags to ****in not conduct that thing in the first place.

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
hah. if i were to have time travel and i was that gordon fool. I would ****ing travel back through time before that damn black mesa experiment and tell those scientist fags to ****in not conduct that thing in the first place.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you.

-Vert

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you.

-Vert

well you could leave out the *'s on the cussing and the "fags" part. would make YOU sound alot more important and smarter.

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
well you could leave out the *'s on the cussing and the "fags" part. would make YOU sound alot more important and smarter.
Um, what? I wasn't being sarcastic...and that didn't make much sense. I'm quoting you man, I didn't change anything. Let's not start an off-topic flame war, please.

-Vert

Um, what? I wasn't being sarcastic...and that didn't make much sense. I'm quoting you man, I didn't change anything. Let's not start an off-topic flame war, please.

-Vert

damn i hate to explain. you said you couldnt put it better yourself. Well you could, by doing those 2 things that i said.:afro:

Ahhh, ok. I thought you were pissed at me for some reason. Gah, just ignore me. It's my insomnia. Starting to kick in, I suppose.

-Vert

Heheh Mark 5, that'd be cool. I remember a mod I got for HL (Azure Sheep?) and when you got it it said "H E V... Mark... 5... protective... system" I was like :eek:

Weird, well it's prolly an upgrade of some sort... or it's just the one he nicked off with from Black Mesa, been taken in and enhanced.

Originally posted by subs
he doesnot look 43 to me. That is why I brouht up time travel. But that is if the 15 years time lapse thing is true>

I think its true because many magazines said so.
i have yet to see ONE magazine that said fifteen years have passed since the first half-life.. there was a magazine which stated fifteen years HAVEN'T passed.. but that's about it.. where are you getting your info? let's see some screens of these magazines

Back