Half-Life 2 the movie

If they did a movie of HL they would totally screw it up and make you hate it. Just like they do with all the other stuff they make movies of

I'll just quote myself from a previous thread. ;)

A True Canadian said:
I think that Half-Life would work better as a mini-series on TV, in the likes of

Band Of Brothers :sniper:

or

Taken :bounce:

They could have each episode take place in a different part of Black Mesa, deal with new enemies and characters.

This way they can keep the original story and have enough time and space to acurately tell it.

They would need a sufficient budget, but if done right it would really do justice to the Half-Life name.

The second season would of course be based on Half-Life 2. ;)

Of course those two series had Speilberg involved, but it could still be done to that quality.

The three characters we would need are:

Gordon
Barney
G-Man

Although with this style, you could eliminate both Gordon and Barney and have it revolve around many scientists trying to escape the facility.

The story of Half-Life is just to rich to be condensed into a two-hour movie.

OCybrManO said:
My choice for Barney Calhoun:

Isn't that guy a friend of cpt. Winters in Band Of Brothers? -Yes he is. Good choice.

Oh, and dr. Breen... We all know who would be the right guy for the job. The man himself

Maui said:
Ah come on, you have to have Matthew Brocerick (spelling?) star as Barney Calhoun...jeez, look at the e32k4 vid when he's got that SMG pulling up to the corner and he says "Remember when we thought Black Mesa was as bad as it could get?" Definately old Matty.

I couldn't agree more.

He sounds JUST LIKE Matthew Broderick when he says "Remember when we thought black mesa was as bad as it could get".

Good find! :D

Ok so here is what we got so far:

Gordon : Undecided (lol)
G-Man : Christopher Walken or Ian McKellen
Barney : Ron Livingston
Breen : IanMcKellen (possibly)

Can i ask a question though, who the fug is Breen?

ItchyFish said:
Can i ask a question though, who the fug is Breen?

Breen is the guy on the monitors in the e3 2004 videos. He says "welcome to city 17..." and all that stuff in the first part of the movie.

Morgan Freeman would be good for Eli Vance, but I think this guy named John Franklin Sawyer would be good for him. Looks very similiar, he is in a movie called Shadrach, I don't know what it's about, but it's on right now. Also, I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a picture of him, but I read that he was born in 1914 so he might be dead by now. As for Gordan, I gotta go with my boi Joey Greco, the host for the TV show Cheaters. He would just have to grow his mustache and beard back, then viola! Gordan inconcarne! :afro:

BigNamek...

I think the gy who played agent smith would be sweet as the G-man

Gordon Freeman.... Bruce Campbell
G-Man.... Ian McKellan
Eli Vance.... Jada Pinkett-Smith
Barney.... Rod Livingston

COME GET SOME!

Scarface8904 said:
20th Century Fox presents...A Gordon/Silver/Davis production. Half-Life 2 directed by John Carpenter.
Starring..
Gordon Freeman- Charlie Sheen
Alyx Vance-Monica Bellucci
G Man-Ray Liotta
Eli Vance-Morgan Freeman
Dr.Kliener-Gene hackman
Barney Calhoun-John Cusack

What do you think would be a great Half-Life 2 movie?
:D. i'd watch that movie. and to the guy that says alyx doesn't wear revealing enough clothes for monica, she didn't wear revealing clothes in passion of the christ. she doesn't HAVE to wear revealing outfits

Ice_Walker said:
I think the gy who played agent smith would be sweet as the G-man

Not. And Ian McKellan neither. Christopher Walken woud be the right guy.

Gordon Freeman: Edward Norton
G-man: Christopher Walken
Eli Vance: Morgan Freeman
Alyx Vance: Merle Dandridge (or Jada P. Smith?)
dr. Breen: Sean Connery (perfect)
Dr. Kleiner: ?
Ms. Moss: ?

Dr. Kleiner - Christopher Lloyd (played Doc in back to the future)
Dr. Mossman - shouldn't be too hard to find someone

Sythil said:
G-Man.... Ian McKellan

COME GET SOME!

Maybe you mean Alyx Vance played by Jada, not Eli? :cheers:

I guess Norton would work for Gordon....

I still think Sheen could also do it....and he looks stronger.

Spybreak said:
I guess Norton would work for Gordon....

I still think Sheen could also do it....and he looks stronger.

I agree with you, Sheen would be my second choice. It's just that Norton would give much more credibility to the movie because Sheen reminds me on Hotshots 2 and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sheen might look more stronger but if you've seen American History X you know that Norton can be quite a badass.

FoB_Ed said:
Dr. Kleiner - Christopher Lloyd (played Doc in back to the future)
Dr. Mossman - shouldn't be too hard to find someone

I dunno about Lloyd, he's maybe a bit too much for Kleiners character.

Sythil said:
G-Man.... Ian McKellan

COME GET SOME!

GORDON LOL WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO YOUR HAND?!?! IS THAT A CHAINSAW??

Gordon: "hale to the king baby!"

Back