Half-Life 2 Theme Song

dino_21 said:
Battery by Metallica ....it would probably fit that game , maybe

I`ve once saw on GameNetwork (a sat channel about games) an edited version of Hl2 trailer with Master of Puppets (by Metallical of course) playing on the background
It was so freakin` cool! :angel:

GunPlay said:
I could picture Gordon busting into the test chamber of Black Mesa after he traveled back in time to stop the disaster with that playing in the commercial.

That's just a romour, isn't it?

booogerhead said:
how about... the old batman theme song?

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na freeman!

that could work actually....

Such a song shouldnt have any words IMO, just be some cool music beat. The reason I think so is cause gordon never says a word so it would fit that way... :x

KWWRR - C*nt Tearing Ass Machine 8000

Therion - Abraxis | Therion - Feuer Overdrive

Dimmu Borgir - Perfection or Vanity

Just abotu anything from SOLARIS by Cliff Martinez

But most likely... some sort of Aphex Twin richar d jamsery is the most appropriate.

we're all worrying about the music, but just go watch the e32k4 teaser and listen to the music. it sounds like valve are doing just fine on their own.

:naughty: Seriously though, I think something dramatic such as whoever composed the music for Metal Gear Solid 2, it would make Half Life 2 a bit more serious, plus it'll make it just seem plain out cool. It suits the mood as well Citizen Rebels vs. Combine and others.

NiN's closer and just show Alex doing a "nice" dance- screw Gordo!

Electric Six- Dance Commander.

Gordon IS the dance commander.

I know half of you are just dicking around now.

The other half of you that are serious... You don't know what godawful suggestions you are making. Metallica? Rob Zombie? Are you even familiar with Half-Life? I mean, god forbid they use a man of digital trickery instead of tired rock groups.

If I see an ad for Half-Life, it better have Kelly Bailey doing the music.

Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World, wuld go quite well in a action scene (like killing the ant-lions on the beach b4 the crane)

this is quite a pointless post considering these days they throw any random tune into commercials

I think that they should have a black screen with a orange HL2 Logo in the center of the screen, no music, no sound. possibably at the end the release date fades in below the HL2 logo.

Come on, how cool would that be.

Daiceman9 said:
I think that they should have a black screen with a orange HL2 Logo in the center of the screen, no music, no sound. possibably at the end the release date fades in below the HL2 logo.

Come on, how cool would that be.

They did something like that over here in Canada with the new Fido phones. In the first commercial they had a guy running around the city yelling "Fido!" and then at the end they had a coming soon message. It made you wounder what the hell the advertisement was for. Some guy looking for his dog?

Then once the Fido service was avaliable, they did a second part to the commercial where he found his phone and some guy was explaining all the neat features.

Another example would be the "Gabbo" commercial from the Simpsons.

I like this idea. It's a simple and often effective technique that looks very professional.

In Flames - The Jester's Dance. it's a really good instrumental, think it would fit hl2 just fine :cool:

i know u saw it coming... but one song that i think stands out the most beyond others would most likely be clocks from coldplay.... very good song... would go extremly well witht the start of hl2....

PEACE

Mike :smoking:

Jimi Hendrix-Hear my train comin'
-or-
Jimi Hendrix-Hey Joe
"Hey Gordon! Where you going with that gun in your hand?"

You need a song that implies tragedy and sounds cool...
That crap metal is overplayed and doesnt bring in the right atmosphere.

!

1. Raffi - Bananaphone
2. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go
3. Moxy Fruvous - King of Spain

Honestly though, it needs to be some moody music without lyrics. If they try to include some popular song, I'll shit a brick.

CrazyHarij said:
Massive Attack - Special Cases

Would be friggin' sweet because the music itself fits alot into the futuristic and mysteriousness that is the Combine and the black mesa incident etc.
The lyrics fit in alot on Gordon aswell:

Take a look around the world
You see such mad things happening
There are few good men
Thank you lucky star that he’s one of them

:thumbs: Yeah, seriously!!! It would surely fit....!!

I just loooove Massive Attack!!!! :cheers:

Back