Half Life 2 to be shown in Toyko 9/26

Originally posted by nw909
Because Japan is way cooler.
To be honest, Japan is a more advanced country and therefore tends to have a larger active gaming community, even though China is... well... HUGE. :eek:

I want to visit Japan one day, but I have a feeling I'd go crazy with all those little people running around.

in 10-15 years Japan will be the robot capital of the world...

Hmm, looking forward to it. I'm guessing that they'll have a playable demo of what we saw at E3, similar to what they used for the benchmarks.

Though knowing IGN, it'll probably be exlclusive to members only.:flame:

IGN used to be the best (ign64.com is forever in my memory), but lately some of its best stuff has been exclusive. Example:Max Payne 2 vids today.

I hate those ****ing communists, if we didn't have the communists, China would be as advanced as Japan.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I hate those ****ing communists, if we didn't have the communists, China would be as advanced as Japan.

Hae, hae tough guy, settle down.

Sorry, I just hate communists.
I really see Japan as the robotic/technological capital of the world, but China more of a military power.

Originally posted by Javert
Hmm, looking forward to it. I'm guessing that they'll have a playable demo of what we saw at E3, similar to what they used for the benchmarks.

IGN used to be the best (ign64.com is forever in my memory), but lately some of its best stuff has been exclusive. Example:Max Payne 2 vids today.
I like IGN because I got their Insider for free... then didn't renew it after a year... yet I still get the stuff... hehehe...

I really see Japan as the robotic/technological capital of the world, but China more of a military power.

Lol Tredoslop:sniper:

This is very good news, very good news indeed...if there IS a delay there shouldn't be much of one :)

This Japan showing + HL2 downloading on Steam hopefully soon + Other good news that I'm forgetting == Happy Me

I wouldn't count on a playable demo for general consumption. Half-Life 2 seems like one of those games that if you're at all interested in it, you need to just go ahead and buy it. Valve probably won't release a demo for a few months after release as they'll have their hands full with patches and Steam updates.

This is a clear sign that the game will be released on September 29th.

*Everything is a sign of that for me.*

i live in Australia and i ride a kangaroo to school :p
lol

edit: Why does Japan get the goodies?
man i hope i dont have to wait till i have to go back to school to get my HL2 ;(

I'd say this is just the back end of the Valve HL2 tour, it started at E3, came into Europe for the ECTS and now heads up to Japan.

I doubt there will be any new media, just the usual closed theatre with the Dell setup playing the demos while an employee/translator talks about the features.

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
i live in Australia and i ride a kangaroo to school :p
lol

edit: Why does Japan get the goodies?
man i hope i dont have to wait till i have to go back to school to get my HL2 ;(

I ride kangaroos to :p

If you just started your school holidays (like me) we will get it next wednesday the 1st of october because we are ahead by a few hours.

I know that china have the hugest active game community in the world. They don't invent new stuff, but in fact they are pretty advance in hacking, pirating stuff. Many japanese arcade and console systems have their emulators made by chinese people, this emulators are free, their roms are also free. So who the hell will spend a penny in arcade or console if they have computer at home. I know many good warez sites are down, some people use mirc or kazaa or stuff alike to download pirate stuff. But in case they are all down, don't worry, just go search in some chinese websites, u will find pretty much very thing, movies, games, musics....

actually, even americans can complain about japan getting tech stuff before we do.

Originally posted by Mr Neutron
actually, even americans can complain about japan getting tech stuff before we do.

Why is it that I always hear about Japan getting our movies on DVD before we get them?

Originally posted by Javert

Remember when it was www.n64.com?

Those were the days....Sellouts.

Originally posted by Letters
I like IGN because I got their Insider for free... then didn't renew it after a year... yet I still get the stuff... hehehe...

Can you leech and help setup mirrors? :)

OK , u say u're chinese, but i know u definitly don't live in china. Communists and military power are the old images of China. Today's China is much different, despite many who live in the country side are still poor, but there are many multi-billionaires living in the citys. Some cities, such as shanghai, are very wealthy and prosperous. Many communist values fade out and many capitalist values emerge. Today's news say that China is the biggest magnet that attracts the foreign direct investment, in fact, China is getting richer and richer every year by sucking the money from outside of the country. Robotic & technology are something, but wealth and power are the most important.

I'm sorry for the misinformed guys but Japan has the most known games softhouses of the world and a huge community of gamers.

Originally posted by Mr Neutron

It's normal man, japan is a small country that lacks of natural resources, no food, no gas, no materials, nothing. Technology is the only thing they can rely on, by selling tech stuff, they can get food, gas, material and other stuff that they need to survive. If some countries are able to have more advance tech and to produce tech stuff at lower price than japs. Japan will find no way to survive. They will probably launch the world war III.

Originally posted by Finnus
I'm sorry for the misinformed guys but Japan has the most known games softhouses of the world and a huge community of gamers.

yeah we know, i used to hate american style games, I only like japs style games. Today's videogame industry is getting bigger and bigger, many game companies produce games that are the mixture of two styles. Capcom is one of the examples.

Alot of idiots in this forum. Anyways, other than technology--there are alot of things that came from Japan--primarily post WW2 stuff of:

Akira Kurosawa, Miyazaki, Manga, Samurais, Katanas, Ninjas, Animes, Square Soft, Nintendo, Sushis, Japanese girls, bukake, hentai, tamaguchi, pokemon--well the last parts we can live without, regardless--the demo will prolly be videos we've all seen before. So I don't know what the hubbub is.

But I still think the coolest folks in Asia are the Mongolians. Man if Ogadai didn't die, I would've been some Mongol Warlord herding slaves at my whim in some town in Bruxelles, instead of a German/Spaniard bloke living in Michigan.

Back