half life 2 tweak for image and performance...

Gavon

Reaction score
cl_smooth 0
con_enable 1
r_decal_cullsize 0
r_lod -5
mat_clipz 0
cl_ragdoll_collide 1
r_propsmaxdist 5000
jpeg_quality 100
fps_max 150
mat_parallaxmap 0
snd_mixahead 0.7
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1
cl_smooth 0
r_mmx 1
r_sse 1
r_sse2 1
r_3dnow 1

Try these for best image quality and performance...They also can be used in cs source, just create a text document and rename it to autoexec.cfg and enter commands, place it in your C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yourname\half-life 2\hl2\cfg...

screenies please

comparing screenies preferably. :D

hunting you down with ma crowbar and "headcrab" shaped hat if it messes up my game Gavon :D

you can always delete the file if you don't like what it does

Rafa 5.0 said:
hunting you down with ma crowbar and "headcrab" shaped hat if it messes up my game Gavon :D
These are the best tweaks out right now, for the source games. These tweaks work for me, I've tested them..

Gavon said:
These are the best tweaks out right now, for the source games. These tweaks work for me, I've tested them..
CROWBAR I SAY!!! :naughty:

el Chi said:
Surely those two would only be applicable to AMD processors?
Yes it takes the load of either your video card are ur processor, not sure which , but i noticed much smoother gameplay after they were enabled...BTW doesn't matter wut processor you use they wont conflict. So you can use all cmds with no worries.

so what happens with the commands that are not support by your CPU?

Rafa 5.0 said:
so what happens with the commands that are not support by your CPU?
Nothing really, if it isn't supported by your cpu it reverts back to the default.

So I use these commands when i'm playing HL2 and it will perform better and look better...? Does it work on my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro?

'best' in this case is very subjective. this is gavon's idea of a good balance between performance and IQ

Well, when I play even on 1024x768, no aa or af, all setting on high - it still lags alot kinda. :( I hate my computer. I know it shouldn't be lagging like this. Anyone have simpilar specs and lagging at the setting I have?? Specs on sig.

I heard anything past r_lod -2 isn't supposed to make much of a difference in terms of image quality?

So before I slap this in my config, will it make an impact like the first Doom 3 tweaks made?
Or will I not notice it?

Back