Half-Life 2 Xbox version New Screens

How are we to know that someone didnt just link the tv-out cable to their tv and claim this was the x-box version????

What's with the E2 in green top left corner? Probably the channel the tv is on i suppose..

Can't tell really. Have to get word from valve.

Y'know what's funny?

The AUX bar is red :LOL: :LOL:

I deem this completely fake :p

I could hook up my video output like that anyday and claim it was xbox...

Plug said:
Y'know what's funny?

The AUX bar is red :LOL: :LOL:

I deem this completely fake :p

Well spotted! :cheers:

Yep, looks fake, the first images of HL2 X-Box would be of much higher quality, for publicities sake.

the site is'nt down yet
i dont think its fake =\
about the AUX Bar being red maybe its just a beta version or something.

Aux bar == red when you are out of energy from running ;)
STOOPID!

Ultimape said:
Aux bar == red when you are out of energy from running ;)
STOOPID!
Yes once it runs down 'stupid'. Check the pictures the aux bar is red when the aux power is full, which is a common trait with the pirated version. No way is this legit, i fail to believe it, this version was made using a pirated version of HL2. Its fake end of.

Why on earth would they show the first shots of HL2 on X-Box on somebody's TV, and why would the French get it first?

And what the hell kind of TV brand is "AKAI"?!?!

Fake through and through. I shouldn't imagine the X-Box version will look as good as that anyway.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that because of the Graphics system used with Xbox, Valve were going to be able to make HL2 look even better on Xbox than on PC. Something like they could get more out of it.

Please, someone, tell me I didn't dream that.

corkscru74 said:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that because of the Graphics system used with Xbox, Valve were going to be able to make HL2 look even better on Xbox than on PC. Something like they could get more out of it.

Please, someone, tell me I didn't dream that.

They're improving the lighting ( most likely adding a 'bloom' effect or increasing the resolution of the lightmaps, but the specifics haven't been announced ) but reducing the texture resolution.

I doubt its it, i mean its totally different from the screens in OXM.

jondyfun said:
If you're gonna insult him, give a reason, eh... ****tard :D

Ok, how about this. Publisher can't always control when and which screenshots are released for thier products.

Anyone could have snuck a camera into a test room at Vivendi or MS and taken these shots.

I played on it on my TV not a month ago, its a bigger tv so it looks better than that,.. but even still the major loss is the clarity, TV's dont produce the clarity of a cathode ray monitor or LCD PC screen.. so its hard to tell.. most likely a fake. texture resolution seems a little on the high end for starter's.. I doubt that's genuine xbox footage. if it is .. why no shots with the Xbox in shot.. or controller's, or even the game disc... its all a little odd. faked :E

Well, if the xbox's version is going to get increased lightmaps and bloom effects or whatever, at least they're giving us HDR. I'd like to see the xbox pull that off!

...heh...

/me clutches himself in insecurity

Thras i already posted the link in my reply.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

when will we get away from my graphics are better than your graphics!

i regularly play on a PS2 at a friends house and once you get past the fact the graphics may suck compared to my PC system some of the games are good fun.

y'all grow up and just enjoy gaming

majormajor said:
i regularly play on a PS2 at a friends house and once you get past the fact the graphics may suck compared to my PC system some of the games are good fun.
Agreed. graphics are not the be all & end all. Gameplay should always come first. However, I think that FPS's chew hat on the consoles because the controls are just not up to it. Aiming & turning with a joypad is never going to be as intuitive & fast as with a mouse. FPS's on consoles always feel extremely clumsy & un-natural to me. Mouse & keyboard makes so much more sense & is one of the most sublime control methods ever! To me an FPS without a keyboard & mouse is like a car without wheels! It just doesn't work!

Console's for = Sports games, driving games, fighting games, general arcade style games, RPG's & maybe RTS games if they can handle the amount of stuff going on without slowdown!

PC's for = FPS, RTS games & menu driven RPG games (Going through menu's with a joypad is as annoying as turning/aiming in an FPS using one!).

ThrasherX9 said:
For the uninformed: http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/552/552580/vids_1.html

Not only pictures and interviews but direct feed footage of it running on the Xbox. Not bad looking for such a dated system, but you can notice quite a bit of slowdowns.

EVERYONE PAYING ATTENTION? THE ORIGINAL MOVIES WEREN'T FAKE. NOT FAKE. NOT FAKE. STOP ASSUMING THEY WERE FAKE. NOT FAKE. EVERYONE WHO SAID THEY WERE FAKE WERE WRONG.

he didn't say they weren't fake. the screenshots he linked were a much better quality, and the video has some bad slowdown. stop being such a jackass

half-life-2-20050428060907381.jpg

half-life-2-20050428060909725.jpg

half-life-2-20050428060910943.jpg

half-life-2-20050428060916037.jpg

I'd say the texture quality difference is pretty noticable

Still looks good though. X-Box owners are in for a treat in any case.

About the "My graphics are better than yours" idiocy: it's just proof that things never change, that there always has to be competition and one-upmanship. It was always like that in the old retro days and now, remember? "My computer's better than yours" and all that crap. As long as you're happy with your systems, what's the point?

I'd say the texture quality difference is pretty noticable
I'd say the difference between 64mb of shared ram and 128 video only on the average card is pretty noticeable.

he didn't say they weren't fake.
Y'know what's funny?

The AUX bar is red

I deem this completely fake

He did.

The link is dead now.

So I guess it was fake.
He did.

Yep, looks fake, the first images of HL2 X-Box would be of much higher quality, for publicities sake.
He did.

No way is this legit, i fail to believe it, this version was made using a pirated version of HL2. Its fake end of.
He did.

Fake through and through. I shouldn't imagine the X-Box version will look as good as that anyway.
He did.

Fake.
Close thread.
He did.

I doubt its it, i mean its totally different from the screens in OXM.
He did.

Plus it hasn't got an auto targeting system.
He did.

Undoubtedly fake.
He did.

* Devvo gets on bandwagon

FAKE!
He did.

I doubt that's genuine xbox footage. if it is .. why no shots with the Xbox in shot.. or controller's, or even the game disc... its all a little odd. faked
He did.

It is a fake, I've seen the Xbox screens and they don't look like that.
He did.

Those 12 people. How does it feel to be so wrong?

majormajor said:
when will we get away from my graphics are better than your graphics!

y'all grow up and just enjoy gaming
I love your name! But shouldn't there be at least one or two other "Major"s for his full name and title? I forget :)

ThrasherX9 said:
For the uninformed: http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/552/552580/vids_1.html

Not only pictures and interviews but direct feed footage of it running on the Xbox. Not bad looking for such a dated system, but you can notice quite a bit of slowdowns.

I said he didn't say they were fake.

And yes the difference in RAM is different. I wasn't saying the Xbox version is gonna be shit, or it looks shit. I was just bringing your bad attitude to attention.

20040319l.jpg

Case in point

Back