Half-Life 2 Xbox version New Screens

Ah, sooo trueeee.

But not for a couple hundred other people.

Bah, XBox people will enjoy that. And we shall enjoy converting the Halo-Lovers... bwahahaa...

a hand-gun, shotgun, and several other weapons, including the impressive anti-grav gun, which is perhaps the most fun weapon in the history of videogames. The story is well known by now, since the PC version has been out since November 2005, so we'll leave the rest for your imagination. -- IGN

:rolling: :rolling:

Gonzo, are those the real Xbox shots you posted? If they are damn thats WAY better than what I expected :)

kupoartist said:
Sorry... i'm slow here... where have you proved us wrong?

Yeah - what happened is, a couple of days before the official unveiling of Half-Life 2 Xbox, a CO-INCIDENTAL fake is released, showing the game apparently running on a console.

AMAZING CO-INCIDENCE. All the people who claimed the original videos were fake were obviously right. And the reasons they used to prove it was fake are completely VALID.

Your WRONG post

Why on earth would they show the first shots of HL2 on X-Box on somebody's TV, and why would the French get it first?

Because the French journalists were invited to a demo just like IGN have been (and a bunch of other journalists who haven't published anything yet). They video'd the demo and posted it on the net. I would imagine they've broken an agreement by releasing the videos.

And what the hell kind of TV brand is "AKAI"?!?!

This type of brand?

http://www.akai.com/product.asp?id=1

Fake through and through. I shouldn't imagine the X-Box version will look as good as that anyway.

IGN screens and video look identical to the shaky cam footage.

You were wrong on all three points. Yay! How does it feel to be so wrong?

Fine, but as you've still proved nothing (those shots could still well be fake) it'd be pertinent for you to stop calling people idiots and consider what a dick you're making of yourself :)

Edit: Just seen the videos and I maintain you're wrong. The HUD on the Fakes is far too refined to be running at the same resolution that the HUD on the IGN vids is. Also, they don't have the little Red-Bar piracy indicator going on.

did nobody else notice that the videos/pics of the xbox version of the game didn't have the red Aux bar? :p

Ok, I'm done....back to the soap opera in this thread ;)

Heh. Dagobert is trying to prove us all wrong by saying that those screens were not fake.

:LOL:

Please.

Plug said:
Y'know what's funny?

The AUX bar is red :LOL: :LOL:

I deem this completely fake :p
I believe the red AUX bar is a symptom of early warez copies of Half-Life 2 (among other problems of varying significance, some of which made the game unplayable).

DiSTuRbEd said:
Gonzo, are those the real Xbox shots you posted? If they are damn thats WAY better than what I expected :)

lol. go watch the videos then. its horrid, and obviously a money grab by valve. its actually alot worse than i thought it would. especially the textures, and the framerate below 30.

ok, i'm missing a 'major' - just wait! But, imagine the software houses had a 9800xt to play with for 4 years - imagine what they could squeeze out of one of those. Just saying PC games are built on the latest this and that and maybe one day soon we will pay for it.

Yikes Dagobert, how bad of a computer do you have to have to defend this Xbox version so much?? I mean, wow, let it go, some people were wrong. Big stupid deal. And another thing, I am not sure if it was the way the videos were, but that wasn't the smoothest gameplay I have ever seen (and definetly shouldn't be deemed acceptable for a console). Of course I must remeber that this was based on an unfinished/unoptimized version of the game. So things could change.

Back