Half-Life 2 Xbox

X

XxInsanityxX

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Valve said that they will be releasing hl2 on the major systems but just not sure which ones (although if they do, Xbox is the most major system), or something like that. Is anyone sure if hl2 will be available on Xbox?

they are planning on putting one on the xbox and only xbox but y would anyone want to get it for xbox fps sux with the controller u dont get the feel that u have with a mouse

I dont think it will work because its to fast of a game
Halo is a lot slower, and it works best for the controller

giant384 said:
they are planning on putting one on the xbox and only xbox but y would anyone want to get it for xbox fps sux with the controller u dont get the feel that u have with a mouse

That's your own opinion. Many people like FPS with Xbox controller.

Jesus Lincoln said:

Trust me, they know how to get it to work. And feel right to at least ppl who would only play it on Xbox

giant384 said:

settle down pc fanboy.

Jesus Lincoln said:

No he's right, FPS's don't work on consoles unduer normal circumstances. You're thinking, "well then why is Halo so good and evened out and not awkward at all like the other Xbox FPS's?" well, I'll tell you why. Halo uses a sort of auto-aim thing that increases your looking frictino when your crosshair is over an enemy, and although this might sound like it makes it too easy, it actually even it out near perfectly. I sure hope that Valve realizes this, because if you've ever played Unreal Championship then you know what it's like playing a console FPS without "auto-aim", and it's not pretty; hell, it's not even fun. JFor Half-Life on PS2 Valve took the term "auto-aim" to a whole new level; they gave you a button that locks your crosshair onto the nearest enemy that's relatively close to your crosshair. Uhh, needles to ssay, it's just gay, but I seriously hope that Valve takes the "Halo-style auto-aim" for Half-Life 2.

LOL I agree, Unreal Championship was a chore to play.

The Xbox version of Half-Life 2 will have FAR worse graphics and annoying controls.

On the upper hand, it won't use Steam :D

XxInsanityxX said:
No he's right, FPS's don't work on consoles unduer normal circumstances. You're thinking, "well then why is Halo so good and evened out and not awkward at all like the other Xbox FPS's?" well, I'll tell you why. Halo uses a sort of auto-aim thing that increases your looking frictino when your crosshair is over an enemy, and although this might sound like it makes it too easy, it actually even it out near perfectly. I sure hope that Valve realizes this, because if you've ever played Unreal Championship then you know what it's like playing a console FPS without "auto-aim", and it's not pretty; hell, it's not even fun. JFor Half-Life on PS2 Valve took the term "auto-aim" to a whole new level; they gave you a button that locks your crosshair onto the nearest enemy that's relatively close to your crosshair. Uhh, needles to ssay, it's just gay, but I seriously hope that Valve takes the "Halo-style auto-aim" for Half-Life 2.

Wow, that's pretty stupid. (what they did, not your post :p)

FPS for consoles suck big time... i hope that the Xbox 2, playstation 3 and gamecube 2 don't suck so much in the specs as this ones...

But consoles have some beautifull games! :d

Would they require people playing Half-Life 2 on the Xbox to use the Xbox-live internet connection and somehow verify their copy over steam or some other connection before they can play?

OCV said:
Would they require people playing Half-Life 2 on the Xbox to use the Xbox-live internet connection and somehow verify their copy over steam or some other connection before they can play?
that would suck! have to get x-box live just to play?

Audiophile said:

The Xbox version of Half-Life 2 will have FAR worse graphics and annoying controls.

What if they developed a steam application for Xbox Live...

/me shudders

wouldn't bother me, the only console I play is PS2 and thats for racing and fighting games only, in general. Couple of exceptions, like Timesplitters...

Audiophile said:

Actually an xbox will run hl2 just as well as any mid range pc,i think you would be very suprised.The xbox is actually just a stable pc really,and its a damn fine one too.Look at games like 'Riddick:Butcher bay'.Awesome visuals and controls,morrowind was visually impressive too.

Do not under estimate the power of the box baby yeah! :E

Bah...Better to keep hl2 on comp. You can't get mods on xbox anyhow and I would doubt they would be compatible PC---> xbox anyhow.

They ARE putting it on Xbox, and I'm getting it and if you've played Halo you'd know what I ,mean, it works really great. As for the controls...I'm sure that they'll work it out well. =] *winces*

Does anyone have ANY idea or a guess when it will be on Xbox?

I seriously doubt HL2 (or the source engine for that matter) will be coming to the xbox. The xbox is a 733MHz Celeron powered machine. It's got 64MB of memory shared between the GPU and CPU. HL2 running like it would on a 'midrange' PC doesnt sound like reality. XBox games look so hot on the XBox is because they were optomized for the XBox. HL2 was optomized for newer PCs.

No dice.

ive seen it might be out by next feb. but it will work on the xbox mabye not the same detail but i guess we will c

OCV said:

uhh, no. warezing a console game is harder, and is not as popular. since you have to spend $50-100 modding your xbox, and risking getting banned on xboxlive. and it's a chore.

so no need to put steam on

Sanius said:
uhh, no. warezing a console game is harder, and is not as popular. since you have to spend $50-100 modding your xbox, and risking getting banned on xboxlive. and it's a chore.

so no need to put steam on

it's not hard at all and you can still play xbox live with a modchip.

MangaelB said:
Riddick sucked...

If it sucked so bad than why did it get a Gamespot Editors Choice award? I wouldnt know though, so you might be right. Anyways hes talking about visuals and controls, not gameplay-wise.

I thought valve confirmed quite a while ago that they'd release it for xbox, but i think it will need to be a bit downgraded. At the same time, maybe not. You would look at the specs and say theres no way it run HL2, but you have to consider that its a lot more stable than a PC and doesnt have to put any power or memory to side processes or a complicated OS, plus itd be running at 640x400. I think it would be close.

Maybe Xbox 2 though. I remember that the were originally disigning xbox 2 with a 6800 based card, but then they switched to ATI. It'll probably be a lot more powerful. As usual it'l probably be a pain to aim and the PC version probably will end up being better.

Cyber$nake said:
remember that the were originally disigning xbox 2 with a 6800 based card, but then they switched to ATI.

haha, where did you get that from ?

XBox 2, I can believe. XBox, I do not believe can do justice to this game. True, the xbox doesnt have the overhead that a windows PC has, but it's also far more limited. The xbox how old now? Three years old? Even when it came out it wasnt top-of-the-line. Downgrading the source engine to run on the XBox's hardware would be a shame. Even running, I doubt you could get the PC experience on a console. Remember what a smash hit Counter-Strike for the xbox was?

Um, you're pretty wrong there buddy :). Yes, Unreal had autoaim, but it was optional. And half-life for the computer had autoaim too, made taking out headcraps real easy. Halo and halo 2 have no types of autoaim systems. It doesnt "slow down" when you're over the enemy. The reason halo feels so right is the speed that you move at, and how customizable you can get your controller. If it "slowed down" when you were over an enemy, then everyone would play with the highest sensitivity. Thats not the case, most people play with it at normal speed so they can control where they shoot. Halo just did the console FPS right. I hate people that argue that halo isnt as good as half life 2... the single player isnt nearly as immersive, but the multiplayer is amazingly fun.

Well.. for the Halo thing, that is their opinion and they have a right to have it. I tend to agree with you. That said, this has been covered before.

Cyber$nake said:
If it sucked so bad than why did it get a Gamespot Editors Choice award? I wouldnt know though, so you might be right. Anyways hes talking about visuals and controls, not gameplay-wise.

I thought valve confirmed quite a while ago that they'd release it for xbox, but i think it will need to be a bit downgraded. At the same time, maybe not. You would look at the specs and say theres no way it run HL2, but you have to consider that its a lot more stable than a PC and doesnt have to put any power or memory to side processes or a complicated OS, plus itd be running at 640x400. I think it would be close.

Maybe Xbox 2 though. I remember that the were originally disigning xbox 2 with a 6800 based card, but then they switched to ATI. It'll probably be a lot more powerful. As usual it'l probably be a pain to aim and the PC version probably will end up being better.

Xbox 2 is supposively going to have a keyboard and mouse as an option to use. Xbox 2 seems to be turning out to be nothing but a computer with a tv screen for a monitor...but you could hook it up to a monitor if ya really felt like it! Eventually xbox is just going to realize its another computer, and microsoft will have to take over something else :)

Imagine if HL1 came out for PS1 instead of PS2. I mean, how would that run? Not pretty, right? Valve decided to wait till next gen came to port it over. It wouldn't surprise me to see HL2 go to xbox2. Simply because it is obvious xbox cannot handle HL2, (for reference check out doom 3 xbox screenshots) the same was with PS1.

In my opinion, it should go to PS3 YEAAAAAH :cheers:

destrukt said:
haha, where did you get that from ?

hehe, I know it sounds a little far-fetched maybe, but Im not joking. I think i saw it at the Gamespot rumor-control section, but Im not sure. However I am positive that it is using a ATI chip now, the r500. I just read it in a news article...

Jackathan said:
Um, you're pretty wrong there buddy :). Yes, Unreal had autoaim, but it was optional. And half-life for the computer had autoaim too, made taking out headcraps real easy. Halo and halo 2 have no types of autoaim systems. It doesnt "slow down" when you're over the enemy. The reason halo feels so right is the speed that you move at, and how customizable you can get your controller. If it "slowed down" when you were over an enemy, then everyone would play with the highest sensitivity. Thats not the case, most people play with it at normal speed so they can control where they shoot. Halo just did the console FPS right. I hate people that argue that halo isnt as good as half life 2... the single player isnt nearly as immersive, but the multiplayer is amazingly fun.

Ehh... I don't think he's the one that's wrong.

Link

"Additionally if you've played Halo before, you're aware that there is a small, ever-so-subtle amount of auto-aim built in. It's so subtle most people never even notice it, but it does exist."

Linked from IGN. It's there, and to me it was less subtle than IGN said it was. (probably from being so used to the lack of auto-aim in Goldeneye and PC shooters) It was put in for a good reason though, so I had no problems with it.

Agreed. I thought I remembered there being an auto aim as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

woodenartifact said:
Remember what a smash hit Counter-Strike for the xbox was?
there was cs for the x-box? how come i never heard of it?!?

Cyber$nake said:
hehe, I know it sounds a little far-fetched maybe, but Im not joking. I think i saw it at the Gamespot rumor-control section, but Im not sure. However I am positive that it is using a ATI chip now, the r500. I just read it in a news article...

they've been planning to use ati since the idea of a second xbox was created. a 6800 has never been considered.

DookieBooty said:
insanity ur wrong xbox aint the biggest ps2 is and its way better u nerd

294 mhz and 32 megs of ram..

enough said

I heard the HL2 was already confirmed an Xbox 2 launch title, along with Perfect Dark Zero

Back