Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 months

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 1 year +++

Votes: 229 97.4%

• Total voters
1 year +++

I would say 2 years 2.5.

It's taken them a year to finish HL2 from the point at which they once said it was done. So there's no way HL3 will be out in a year. Maybe 2 or 3 and that's only becaue they don't have to write a new engine.

yer ok i admit my poll options are a bit limited :p , but thanks for all your thoughts it kinda put things into a bit better perspective for me.

:)

Bait said:
Jesus....Hl2 hasn't even hit the shelves and speculation about HL3s release is coming about.

It just goes to show you that many people don't give toss about the game, they just want to keep playing "Guess the Release Date" and "Oh Noes Its Teh Conspiracey???+++" forever.

Dr. Freeman said:
- first of all HL2 isn't even released yet.. sheesh :p
- an expansion pack such as Opposing Force2
- TF2
- CS2
- DOD2

well other than the fact that Valve never made an expansion pack for HL (OpForce and BlueShift were both developed outside of Valve)... and that both CS and DoD were created by the mod community with the teams (or atleast some of them) now working as part of valve but on seperate projects (generally, Valve have said a fair few of the CS developers were working on CS:2 or maybe CS:Source.... if they aint one and the same) id say that only TF2 will perhaps come from those working on HL2...... and id be surprised if there wasn't a few people already developing TF2 on Source (which i hope there is..... and i rekon that will be out within a year to 18months of HL2 being released).

I voted 6 months..... do i think that?? hell no.... but its only a poll :)

Navy Man said:
Hello there guys. I did a quick search and didn't really find anything relavent to what i'm going to ask.

I wanna know when you guys reckon when we will see Half-Life 3 released. I know its a way off but whats wrong with a few predicitions :p

I believe within a year. Basically with steam all up and running the development i feel will be alot easier for the guys over at Valve therefore the production time shouldn't take so long !

Maybe a sort glimpse at E3 next year :O~

I figure it'll take them at least 2 years to create all of the new content (This includes the time they'll be spending on mods, other projects/side projects, steam updates, making sure everything runs smooth and what not) and are pleased with the outcome. They aren't going to release it within 6 months even if it's ready because HL2 hasn't sold "enough" yet.

Regards
Dead-Inside

Kamakazie said:
well other than the fact that Valve never made an expansion pack for HL (OpForce and BlueShift were both developed outside of Valve)

its true that Valve put Gearbox to work on the Opposing Force and BlueShift expansion packs at that time...but if u were to look through the "info from Valve only" thread u would find an email where Gabe states that Gearbox would not be working on any future HL2 expansion packs.

Kamakazie said:
and that both CS and DoD were created by the mod community with the teams (or atleast some of them) now working as part of valve but on seperate projects (generally, Valve have said a fair few of the CS developers were working on CS:2 or maybe CS:Source.... if they aint one and the same)

whatever.. Valve hired most of, if not all of the CS and DOD teams so now those mods are part of Valve... oh and while we are at pointing out what these teams do.. i remember an email posted here coming from Gabe which said they had the CS and DOD teams helping out with HL2.. (this was in June-July) which shows Valve uses its employees where needed. :p

Kamakazie said:
id say that only TF2 will perhaps come from those working on HL2...... and id be surprised if there wasn't a few people already developing TF2 on Source (which i hope there is..... and i rekon that will be out within a year to 18months of HL2 being released).

I voted 6 months..... do i think that?? hell no.... but its only a poll :)

i posted in a TF2 thread last night saying not to expect much media too early after HL2's release.. and i still believe that.. i think the good pple at Valve will need some much deserved rest from all the hard work gone into getting HL2 done.

anyway.. okay its only a poll.. but.. man.. the guy could have made the poll half-serious ya know? 6 months? my goodness! :rolleyes:

Over one year later. Wow this is one of the most lopsided polls I have ever seen. 96.5% in favour of over one year

Bait said:
Jesus....Hl2 hasn't even hit the shelves and speculation about HL3s release is coming about. Valve will not work on HL3 for a while. The next things they will work on are the mod ports, or some expansions. Once HL3 hits the development cycle, it won't take as long as HL2 did.

But don't expect Valve to do anything within the first month of HL2s release. We'll be lucky if they stay sober enough to get themselves home safely.

And TF2.

after baying at VALVe to release HL2 for so long, how about you let them have a little holiday first, huh?

5 years+, new engine

I bet it will take over one year. Now when HL2 "maybe" is done, they will go on holidays and be with their family. After that, maybe some months, they start on HL3.

I hope HL2 will solve the plot, really, cause I can't stand waiting for another game. Really.. I don't want to be a geek anymore ;(

Navy Man said:
Hello there guys. I did a quick search and didn't really find anything relavent to what i'm going to ask.

I wanna know when you guys reckon when we will see Half-Life 3 released. I know its a way off but whats wrong with a few predicitions :p

I believe within a year. Basically with steam all up and running the development i feel will be alot easier for the guys over at Valve therefore the production time shouldn't take so long !

Maybe a sort glimpse at E3 next year :O~

3 years is my guess
couldnt vote since you didnt have the option. 1 year is semi crazy, unless you mean a crappy unreal styled rehash type game. And i would think they would be doing tf2 than cs2 first

I guess between 2010-2012. They need to make something extreme. HL1 was extreme when it was released, HL2 looks extreme from the binks, HL3 needs to be extreme and new to the gaming world. Maybe they'll make a new engine, and just modify source for the HL2 add-ons. If you look at the Unreal 3 engine, it beats HL2 in detail, so HL3 has got to beat that engine to blow my hairy ass open.

6+ years . . im guessing the source code will be leaked again :p

Back