Half-Life 3?

DrunkPanda

Reaction score
has valve confirmed that they are going to make half-life 3 or something? i always assumed half-life2 would be the end for some reason but the way some of the posters talk, it sounds like they are 100% sure there will be a third. do they know something i don't know?

What're you talking about? It's not being planned at all. Valve has said that the abysmal sales of Half Life and the lack of interest in HL2 forced them to scrap any plans, current or future, of HL3.

(may Darwin have mercy on you if you can't tell that's sarcasm)

drunkpanda..***n...ill try to hold the flamers off but idk how long i can...i dont have much ammo. I SAID GO, LEAVE ME, DONT WORRY ABOUT ME I CAN HANDLE MYSELF. GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

I've heard the Half-Life 3 engine will not be very different from Half-Life 2 engine. It will have only some improvements. Therefore they don't need so much time to make
Half-Life 3.

Kotik said:
I've heard the Half-Life 3 engine will not be very different from Half-Life 2 engine. It will have only some improvements. Therefore they don't need so much time to make
Half-Life 3.

Yah, they're using Source, of course, Source is upgradeable so you're right.

guinny said:
drunkpanda..***n...ill try to hold the flamers off but idk how long i can...i dont have much ammo. I SAID GO, LEAVE ME, DONT WORRY ABOUT ME I CAN HANDLE MYSELF. GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

I thought of those really crappy 'Delta Force' movies when I read that haha..

Cypher19 said:
What're you talking about? It's not being planned at all. Valve has said that the abysmal sales of Half Life and the lack of interest in HL2 forced them to scrap any plans, current or future, of HL3.

(may Darwin have mercy on you if you can't tell that's sarcasm)
OMFG! abysmal sales for half life?! they got good sales wtf are they talking about?! and they are going to get even better sales for half life 2! damn valve is so stupid if they aren't going to make half life 3 just because they think they aren't gonna get sales! :p. anyway thanks for the speedy answer guys, i look forward to playing half life 3....... in 10-20 years....

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it intended as a trilogy? The Half Life Trilogy certainly has a nice ring to it.

Weren't they talking about some photo realistic image copying thinga-ma-jig where they can use images from real life directly in the game? Maybe they will have that in hl3

el Chi said:
If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it intended as a trilogy? The Half Life Trilogy certainly has a nice ring to it.
sure, why not. only thing i don't like about that idea is the fact that half-life 2 will most likely raise a lot more questions than it will answer ;(

DrEvil said:
Weren't they talking about some photo realistic image copying thinga-ma-jig where they can use images from real life directly in the game? Maybe they will have that in hl3

yeah i think its called a camera :thumbs:

DrEvil said:

God, they stole my idea :sleep:

:p

el Chi said:
I'm not sure. But I remember Gabe describing HL as "A prequel, like how the Hobbit is a prequel to the LOTR." I don't know where to find the exact quote, but he makes it sound like the story really goes places :thumbs:

el Chi said:
All good things come in three's (sp?)

I'd be sad if it had to stop after 3 though. Even if it goes out with a bang. I like the setting too much.

Rygir said:
All good things come in three's (sp?)

I'd be sad if it had to stop after 3 though. Even if it goes out with a bang. I like the setting too much.
Except the Back to the Future movies (number three was dire)
It'd be good to draw the story to a close, rather than keep on going and whoring things out in a Lara Croft stylee.
-Frosty- said:
I'm not sure. But I remember Gabe describing HL as "A prequel, like how the Hobbit is a prequel to the LOTR." I don't know where to find the exact quote, but he makes it sound like the story really goes places :thumbs:
Well, that's interesting. How can it be a prequel if it was made before? Oh forget it. Yes the story really looks to be going somewhere, which is why...
DrunkPanda said:
the fact that half-life 2 will most likely raise a lot more questions than it will answer
...is a good thing. It could be intensely frustrating, but oddly satisfying at the same time.

The other day I hacked in Dougs Office, this is how HL3 is suposed to be:

Gordon must go back to Black Mesa and press the red button in the big generator room at the begining of the game .
If he had just pressed the red button, then there wouldent be HL2.

Both id and valve have mentioned that their immediate future plans post d3/hl2 release are to quickly do something using those techs--I'm guessing a two year development. I know id says it will be an original (non-sequel), but I believe Valve said they're leaning towards a much sooner HL3.

el Chi said:
Quadrilogy sounds cooler imo

el Chi said:
Well, that's interesting. How can it be a prequel if it was made before? Oh forget it. Yes the story really looks to be going somewhere, which is why...
Well, perhaps I used the wrong word. I thought he said prequel, but he meant that it HL was the smaller story that opens up into a much larger chain of events. Such as The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy.

Half-Life 3 is 100% confirmed, and will use an updated version of the source engine. It will also not take 5 years to make.

guinny said:

What a brave man you are! :farmer: :bounce: :rolling: :cheers:

Why do people talk of HL3 before HL2?

Its like asking about how the 2008 BMW will look way before 2006 BMW is even designed yet :E

guinny said:

hahahha, that's teh funny :E

speaking of half life 2 try the half life 2 mod smod it is a good mod that adds the ability to look down iron sights on all most all guns even a shotgun. question why would a shot gun need it the taget has to so close for a shotgun to really damage it so why do it?

speaking of half life 2 try the half life 2 mod smod it is a good mod that adds the ability to look down iron sights on all most all guns even a shotgun. question why would a shot gun need it the taget has to so close for a shotgun to really damage it so why do it?

Nice.

Wow. Your first post not only carries out the most ungodly necromancy I've ever seen, but it isn't in any way relevant to the thread you dragged up from the foul deeps in the first place... ;(

I'd rip out your arms but the mods won't let me do that.
They want to do it themselves :O

bumping a 2 year old thread with a post that is off topic. tsk tsk.

Back