Half-Life Aliens?

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone know (or have a preview) what aliens it will be in HL2 that was from HL?

The ones that I know will be in HL2 are:

1. Zombie
2. Headcrab
3. BullSquid
4. Barnacle (That thing on the ceiling)
(Forgot some maybe)

The ones that I want to be in HL2 are:

1. Gargantua
2. Alien Slave
3. Alien Grunt
4. HoundEye
5. Tentacle

Thanks for reply. :cheers:

Old aliens is booooring...New aliens is better

Originally posted by vissione
Seriously, do you expect an answer for that?

"I'm just wondering if anyone know (or have a preview) what aliens it will be in HL2 that was from HL?"

So yes. :cool:

Originally posted by vissione
Seriously, do you expect an answer for that?
Turns out people are answering lol.

I hope the houndeye is back. Those guys were wierd.

I think the tentacle was pretty much replaced by the hydra. And I'm having doubts about the alien grunts and especially Garg. Then again, Valve said there are over 50 enemies, so you never know.

To be honest, I really dig the HoundEye's. Cute little doggies. No? Great soundfx also.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Valve said there are over 50 enemies

That's very much... although I think that the Strider has replaced the Garg to be honest... but that's just a speculation.

Btw, think I read a preview with some Valve guys talking about the enemies in HL2 but don't remember any thing from it.
I would be very pleased if it is someone here that has that preview?

Originally posted by Loke
That's very much... although I think that the Strider has replaced the Garg to be honest... but that's just a speculation.

Btw, think I read a preview with some Valve guys talking about the enemies in HL2 but don't remember any thing from it.
I would be very pleased if it is someone here that has that preview?

I think that was the IGN preview. BTW, those sexy assassins are back too :)

I think that was the IGN preview.

Ah, thanks. *Looking on IGN*.

BTW, those sexy assassins are back too :)

That’s good, they can be even more sexy now. ;)

Ummm... lemme see:

Mawman, variety of Headcrabs (including flying ones...), Combine troops, Flying manatee, Strider, Biomechs, Scanners, Man-saws, Hydra, Alien Slave, Ant-lions, Ant-lion commander, Sentry guns, Bullsquid, Barnacle and Prowlers.

I believe thats all that was announced/seen so far. This is only 16 creatures so far out of the 50 there is so expect alot of variety.

Alien Slave is in the game.

What is an alien slave? Is it those electrical monsters? And are the grunts the monsters with the gun that shoots flies?

Alien slave aka Voltigore... the guy who shot the lightning. The grunts had the Hivehand and were alot tougher.

Whats an infected person?

Infected by alien ._.
A zombie would be the dead coming back to life which isnt the theme of the story ;x. The bodies are being controlled, or im mixed up. As usual ><

Alien Slaves are Vortigorns the giant flea/spider thingys in Op4 or Voltigores

There you go, cleared that one up :)

Originally posted by mrBadger
Alien Slaves are Vortigorns the giant flea/spider thingys in Op4 or Voltigores

There you go, cleared that one up :)

I have no idea what you are talking about, but nvm.

I'd like to see the return of the cockroach, in all its Source driven, advanced shadered, bumpmapped glory.

I want to see some snarks, along with some really nasty animations. :dork:
And as a side note, I'd love to see the return of some NPCs on your side like the OP4 engineer that could blast through doors and such.

Garg all the way. Especially with the great-looking fire in HL2.

I've really hoping for the hound-eyes to make a return as well. They were very creative little critters and under-used (I thought) in HL1. They could be rather dangerous if present in large numbers.

I'm really like the idea of realistic creatures that aren't necessarily hostile - i.e they may simply ignore you or run away unless you back them into a corner or wound them. Being hunted by an organized pack of nastys would be rather cool as well.

?

where did you see bullsquid's and barnacles?

where they in that multicolored thing that ive never seen?

Originally posted by Loke
I have no idea what you are talking about, but nvm.

I answered your question, silly :p . You were right, Voltigores are opposing force, but the other name for alien slaves is Vortgorns :p

got it?

Alien Slaves have not been confirmed by Valve.

To clear up the confusion:
Some idiot that wrote a preview for a gaming magazine on Half-Life 2 said Alien Slaves instead of Ant Lions. He said the player will "ally" with the Alien Slaves. What is actually true is that the player will "ally" with the ant lions because of the spores.

Originally posted by mrBadger
I answered your question, silly :p

Hey, don't call me silly or I will skullf*ck you! ;)

You were right, Voltigores are opposing force, but the other name for alien slaves is Vortgorns :p

got it?

Alright, but the other guy said "Alien Slave aka Voltigore", not Vortgorns. :p

Bah, anyway now that's cleared up.

Infected people, when you shoot headcrab directly in the head, men attack you.

Hmm...I'm replaying Blue Shift, and if you look up in the sky in Xen you see winged creatures flapping around. They almost look like manta rays. Anyway, I was wondering if these may be the design for the new flying headcrabs, or maybe they're just indigenous birdies. Just that a thought.

No...these are small little bird type things in the distance.

Originally posted by $niper
Alien Slaves have not been confirmed by Valve.

To clear up the confusion:
Some idiot that wrote a preview for a gaming magazine on Half-Life 2 said Alien Slaves instead of Ant Lions. He said the player will "ally" with the Alien Slaves. What is actually true is that the player will "ally" with the ant lions because of the spores.

No, there is no way he could have made that mistake. Because he said something like "alien slaves are back too, but for some reason now they are standing in the room with friendly NPCs" He wouldn't say that about the ant lions because they were not in HL1.

I will post a link once I find the article (I think it's from IGN).

Just a quick n00bish question, what does NPC stand for?

Originally posted by Infoceptor
Ummm... lemme see:

Mawman, variety of Headcrabs (including flying ones...), Combine troops, Flying manatee, Strider, Biomechs, Scanners, Man-saws, Hydra, Alien Slave, Ant-lions, Ant-lion commander, Sentry guns, Bullsquid, Barnacle and Prowlers.

Just a question. Were the flying headcrabs maybe just the scanners defence mechanism like in that video with the sparks and the gate? Unless he means flying headcrabs :p. If so, whoops.

Back