Half-Life Aliens?

I also read somewhere that the Houndeyes WILL NOT return. I know it kinda sucks if it's true, but that means room for newer enemies.

And as for infected humans... look at the attachment (I got from a PC Gamer UK.) It might not be one, but it looks alot different compared to the normal zombies.

Originally posted by mannyfresh027
where did you see bullsquid's and barnacles?

Haven’t seen any Barnacles or Bullsquids in motion, just read it on previews.

Found it on PlanetHalfLife, but also have read it on other previews with guys from Valve, but don’t remember the link. :flame:

I just thought, there are 5 different 'factions' in HL2:

- The Black Mesa suvivors
- Xen
- The Combine
- Rogue Police Force
- Resistance fighters (okay, I know they are only City 17 civilians with guns... but they still count.)

So that's gonna be alot of varied characters.

Also Simon Freeman, there is a piece of concept art of what the Prowler should look like in the attachment below...

Originally posted by CoolFunkMan
I just thought, there are 5 different 'factions' in HL2:

- The Black Mesa suvivors
- Xen
- The Combine
- Rogue Police Force
- Resistance fighters (okay, I know they are only City 17 civilians with guns... but they still count.)

So that's gonna be alot of varied characters.

Also Simon Freeman, there is a piece of concept art of what the Prowler should look like in the attachment below...

The combine are the rogue police force. And I think the Black Mesa survivors are allied with the Resistance (although there are definatelly gona be some surprises in this regard).

umm... wat garg? is it those huge dudes who has this laser and stomp attack?

Originally posted by NiteStalker
But what about the assasins?

Well the robot assasins are most probably on the Combine's side. I'm not sure about the human ones, although I have doubts they are friendly.

Edit:

Found the IGN post about Alien Slaves. I'm not sure if I believe it though, because there is no word about Alien Slaves in any other preview except IGN's.

what about the shock troopers or those spike shooting things, or many of the aliens from Apposing force?

The IGN preview had a pretty good description of the aliens (and people) in HL2.

The page is:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/400/400985p2.html

It starts near the end of the page, and continues onto the next page.

i would like to see the garg return simply for the graphics on it :D

Yep, sorry about the Voltigore thing, its another creature although they both shoot lightning.

Anyway, if i want any monster from Hl1 to come back, it would definitely be the Garg. Imagine a group of them just rampaging through out City 17 fighting Striders and Combine. Would be very fun to sit back and watch the action.

And the infected human pic... it looks more like a headcrab that missed the guys head but still turned him into a Mawman. I think it was just meant as art and not a new monster.

*Quote :As proof of this, there's an alien slave in the "friendly NPC" room. The brownish guys who used the electrical attack in the first Half-Life, there's currently no explanation as to why they're on your side. Doug simply says, "You actually ally with the slaves and some of the aliens in this game. They move over to the friendly side." Time will tell.

Brownish guy is alien slave i thought...you ally with alien slaves and SOME OTHER aliens....

Good article, thx mate..there's even more in that then in the movies

Look guys and girls, I lov new and fresh ****ing aliens, not the same shit from the old HL1.

I want to see more giant asparagus tentacle things like in HL!.
plus more squiggly aliens that make you go "eeuugh"

i would like to see that sack-beast with better sack physics.
i can't remember his name...

Gonarch! (just went and looked it up)

but personally i think the strider is more interesting than any hl1 creature.

Garg is one of my HL favourite alien, that's why I want it back in HL2. Maybe a little weird if you would be an ally with it.

Just to clear some things up:

PC Gamer UK preview:

"The main twist in the alien plot is that some species will be on your side this time, specifically the vortigaunts"

PC Zone UK Preview:

"Alien Slaves? In the good guys room? What was that all about?"
Doug Lombardi replies "In the last game, Alien Slaves were the bad guys, but they've moved over to your side"

Seems that the vortigaunts will be returning.

yay alien slaves are in :D

maybe you try to free the slave race from their masters :D

the alien slaves are really good on the inside, they just have no choice but to kill you

i hope thats some kinda side mission

hmm.. u are forgetting something.. remember those black guys? and those women dressed in black? that caused so much trouble!

hehe they could be back in hl2

Back