Half-Life: Deathmatch Source

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
The omnipotent air-raid siren wails throughout the nuclear test site. You stop in your tracks, your mind focused on this divine voice from the heavens. For a few seconds, the hell that is Half-Life 2 Deathmatch ceases to be - no bullets zip past your naked ear, no rockets blast forth from oblivion, and there's no crazy G-man about to drill a crowbar through your skull. Each individual combatant looks to the sky, knowing that in a few moments, that infamous nuke will burst forth from the cloudless void, obliterating everything topside. [br] [br] Ka-thunk. A crossbow bolt breaks the serenity, lodging itself in your left shoulder. The Barney opposite glances at you briefly, before opening fire with an MP5, screaming taunts. He's silenced by a stray rocket which blows you off your feet, like cold water to a drowsy face. Heaving yourself to your feet, the word "run" comes to mind. So you do. But as you’re panting through the narrow tunnel leading to the sacred bunker, a scientist leaps out from behind, screaming something about ridiculous ties as he pulls the trigger of his giant energy weapon and blasts the left side of your body into smithereens. Replying with a swift magnum bullet to the head, you're left to hobble forward; into the daylight; into the open battlefield lying before the Holy Grail. [br] [br] The bunker door is lowering, but you’re going to make it. You have to make it. Mr. Rocket says otherwise, however – or more accurately – he echoes "Boom" while stealing all but one of your health points. Whipping around, you see your old scientist friend wielding a bazooka, and he looks pissed. You have a choice – dive through the closing bunker doors, to safety – or teach this lab rat the meaning of pain? [br] [br] Ooops, too late. [br] Bang. [br]You die. [br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]HLDM is great. Do yourself a favour and pre-order Half-Life 2 Episode one, just so you can play Crossfire with ragdolls, explosions and physics.

I have a picture of us getting blown up together. Ah, here it is:

Attachments

• Argh.JPG
    Argh.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 684
Aww, how sweet :LOL:
I can't believe i've been a member here for so long and never posted before.

Dissapointed from VALVe tbh.
I expected more than ragdoll and physics, could've atleast remake some of the maps and models so they'll stand at the same level of hl2dm.

Not that I care so much as i'll buy it for EP 1 and wasn't planning on playing it (not a big fun of the original hldm).

Pre-ordered episode 1 and checking this out. Didn't really like HL1 DM that much since the weapons seemed a bit week. HL2 DM was better because of the gravity gun and the ability to fire toilets at each other.

Hah.

It's such a small group that's been playing that all of us able to review this practically know each other. ha.

And thanks to retsam for hosting the server (I think it was you, right?). I got by RetroEvolute.

Starting a server for everyone here at HL2.net.

Server: HL2.net Server.

Password: fabulous

Scratch that. My source Listen Servers never work.

It really is just a matter of time till bm:s thrashes the so called 'source' version of hl & hl:dm. I guess then Valve will include it,bm:s, that in the package?

UltimaApocalyspe said:
Starting a server for everyone here at HL2.net.

Server: HL2.net Server.

Password: fabulous
Keep the server going, i'm updating my hldm: s

UltimaApocalyspe said:
There's an update. I guess they fixed most of the glitches.

Must be, but keep the server going when you update :cool:

you would have thought they would have improved it like cs:source

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=613
Half-Life: Source Deathmatch Update Released
May 2, 2006, 5:39 pm · Chris Bokitch
The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

*Fixed dedicated servers defaulting to LAN instead of Internet
*Fixed chat text disappearing when the player respawns
*Fixed longjump not working properly
*Fixed incorrect explosive weapons damage (hand grenades, rockets and mp5 grenades)
*Fixed tripmines sticking out a few units away from the wall
*Fixed players sometimes being invisible after respawn
*Camera now follows your ragdoll when you die

russ_uk said:
you would have thought they would have improved it like cs:source

glad they spent more time on episode 1 :)

cant wait for some new enemies :imu:

The Half-Life DM Source logo at the main menu is typed with all Caps. How cheesy can you get? Just import the logo from half-life source.

And it's crashed twice on me so far. great.

Damn you Valve! You and your fiendish deals. I surrender. You have my 20 dollars.

Downloading HLDM:S now.

Stupid Steam servers... Waiting to get a download slot....

Suicide42 said:
The omnipotent air-raid siren wails throughout the nuclear test site. You stop in your tracks...

can you please stop making these descriptive stories. They're quite boring and annoying. It seems like you try too hard writing it to make people all tensed up but all it does is make me sigh at how nerdy the story is.

Stoned Gorilla said:
can you please stop making these descriptive stories. They're quite boring and annoying. It seems like you try too hard writing it to make people all tensed up but all it does is make me sigh at how nerdy the story is.
We're all terribly sorry, "Stoned Gorilla", we'll try to make Suicide and Sulkdodds forfeit their excellent writing skills and creativity, so that one site out of approximately 100 other Steam news sites is good enough for you.

We just want to make you happy.

Stoned Gorilla said:

Someones an angry lil fella arnt they....

Stoned Gorilla said:

Who cares? Reading's for losers anyway. Just click the pictures.

Stoned Gorilla said:

Are you the ***** that goes by the same title?

Stoned Gorilla said:

How about you quit reading it then, idiot. Christ, Suicide does something nice to get some peoples attention and you shit on it. Just **** off if it bothers you so much. :|

Hmmmm...Decisions, decisions.
I can't say I'm excited about this. They really should have at least put in some better textures if nothing else.
But seeing how I was going to buy Aftermath anyways, I might as well preorder, save the little G's, and set traps filled with tripmines for the rest of you. :D

Post some IPs so we can play together!

It's the year 2006. I don't i'm going to be buying anymore deathmatch games for the rest of my existence. They thrill me for about 4 minutes.

Is this even working?

Edit: FINALLY!!!

Had to reply like 10 times just to get it to page 4.

Thread fixed.

I had the only server going at the time. I thought the name was fitting.
Too many people would join and lag the server...

Update:

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=613

Half-Life: Source Deathmatch Update Released
May 2, 2006, 5:39 pm · Chris Bokitch
The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

* Fixed dedicated servers defaulting to LAN instead of Internet
* Fixed chat text disappearing when the player respawns
* Fixed longjump not working properly
* Fixed incorrect explosive weapons damage (hand grenades, rockets and mp5 grenades)
* Fixed tripmines sticking out a few units away from the wall
* Fixed players sometimes being invisible after respawn
* Camera now follows your ragdoll when you die

I think HL:S Deathmatch needs a few things: Blood, gibs, and to be bundled with HL:S, not seperately.

Back