Half-Life: Deathmatch Source

You are right. But what if they charged it $5 or $8 and have source graphics? I would buy it since I believe HL deathmatch had(s) a solid gameplay and is still fairly popular.

Pi Mu Rho said:
They didn't "make" anything. They ported HLDM across to Source, and gave it as a free bonus to Episode 1 buyers. I'm failing to see the problem here. It's not as if Valve released HLDM:Source as a separate, purchasable product.

Valve: "Here, have some free stuff!"
People: "This free stuff isn't good enough! You suck! etc!"

True it's hl1dm ported to source. Water and Rag dolls...

Why?, I still play vanilla half-life 1 dm. Seems like a little pet project they did for the heck of it, same goes for HL - Source.

Kyo said:
True it's hl1dm ported to source. Water and Rag dolls...

Why?, I still play vanilla half-life 1 dm. Seems like a little pet project they did for the heck of it, same goes for HL - Source.

Maybe because they wanted too......:rolleyes:

Pi Mu Rho said:

Lost Coast criticism all over again :D

Pi Mu Rho said:
They didn't "make" anything. They ported HLDM across to Source, and gave it as a free bonus to Episode 1 buyers. I'm failing to see the problem here. It's not as if Valve released HLDM:Source as a separate, purchasable product.

free? nothing is free m8. you payedfor it. actually alot of people payed for most the content before with HL1, so its not free, now they include it so theres extra gameplay. if someone runs to the store, buys ep 1, beats it in 4 hours, they don't get so mad about it being short, they can play its mp version. Like how hl2 for the x-box was a flop, no mp, new fans don't get alot for the buy; unless they payed for a seperate cs.

its not like they are saying "we love these fans so much were gonna give them free stuff" nothings free, hell 20 dollars per ep? they are in this to make money, hldms is included in the cost of the product you purchase. I garuntee they didn't ask investors to give up their share of the profits to pay the talent it took to make the port.

Imagine my face. Now imagine me rolling my eyes. Obviously, nothing is free. Obviously, there are ulterior motives at work. The same applies to absolutely everything, ever.

Now you know!

And knowing is half the battle!

I also get torn up when people say canada has free healthcare. like doctors work for free. Maybe deep down you understand its not free, but saying its free will only convince the type of people who believe canada has free healthcare that it is free, then we'll never be free from stupid people who want us to all do things for free.

Next time, say what you believe, will save me a post :p

"Obviously, nothing is free."

before

"They ported HLDM across to Source, and gave it as a free bonus to Episode 1 buyers. "

meh, confusing

I like the story because it reminds me of this thread.

EDIT: Apocalypse, I watched the video and I saw something I didn't like ... no specific kill icons, just skull and crossbones?

polyguns said:
Now you know!

And knowing is half the battle!

I also get torn up when people say canada has free healthcare. like doctors work for free. Maybe deep down you understand its not free, but saying its free will only convince the type of people who believe canada has free healthcare that it is free, then we'll never be free from stupid people who want us to all do things for free.

Next time, say what you believe, will save me a post :p

"Obviously, nothing is free."

before

"They ported HLDM across to Source, and gave it as a free bonus to Episode 1 buyers. "

meh, confusing

No, because I'm not pandering to your pedanticism. You, and everyone else, knows damn well what I mean by "They ported HLDM across to Source, and gave it as a free bonus to Episode 1 buyers. "

MuToiD_MaN said:
EDIT: Apocalypse, I watched the video and I saw something I didn't like ... no specific kill icons, just skull and crossbones?
Yep, that's how it is. I was really disappointed too. :(

I'd just like the mp component of a game I got at an earlier date for free, not as a bonus for pre-ordering another game.

babyheadcrab said:
I'd just like the mp component of a game I got at an earlier date for free, not as a bonus for pre-ordering another game.

Oh jesus christ, QUIT BITCHING ALREADY. All you complainers sound like a bunch of 2 year olds. :rolleyes:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Oh jesus christ, QUIT BITCHING ALREADY. All you complainers sound like a bunch of 2 year olds. :rolleyes:

As does your complaining about us complaining.

babyheadcrab said:
As does your complaining about us complaining.

Sigh, grow up kid. VALVe never said you're not going to get HL1DM:S, they are just giving it out to people who preorder Episode 1 right now.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Sigh, grow up kid. VALVe never said you're not going to get HL1DM:S, they are just giving it out to people who preorder Episode 1 right now.

I'm done

DiSTuRbEd said:

good point.

its like how they gave people alot of other stuff for even the bronze package that wasn't in the origional deal. even hl2 will prolly be a free gift in a few years

Is the netcode any different between gldsrc and Source versions?

Suicide42 said:
The omnipotent air-raid siren wails throughout the nuclear test site.
I'm sure you meant "omnipresent," rather than suggesting that the air-raid siren is all-powerful. :dork:

/word curmudgeon

DiSTuRbEd said:
People that have HL1:Source will be getting HLDM: Source for free. Be patient. I'll post again when it's been added to accounts.

I cant believe valve did this! I payed for the silver package and I now have 18 games avaliable. I will happily pay for new content as I have gotten so much for free already. I cant think of any other company that has been so generous. :D

DrDevin said:
I cant think of any other company that has been so generous. :D

Same for me, Valve is the best pc video game company out there. Lets hope it stays like that. :imu: :)

Well I just did it. Preordered my copy of Aftermath and have started downloading it and HLDMS.

I need a list of servers you chaps play on now. :)

Valve is great!

I cant think of any other company that has been so generous.

Same here I own all the Valve games except CS:CZ and i have only payed for 4 of them:p

I own: HL1, HL2: GOTY
I payed through Steam: DOD:S, HL2:Episode One
Valve is brilliant, long live Valve!

Generous though they may be, it's still dissapointing to see they just did a water/ragdoll job like they did with HL1 Source...

Ah well, I guess it's up to the good ol' guys at BlackMesa again to remake it.

Anyone else notice how all the bodies have fallen in that retarded looking position? Looks like they didnt even get the ragdolls right...

edit: Oh, and Pi Mu Rho, you're such a fanboy, it makes me sick.

cdoms said:
Anyone else notice how all the bodies have fallen in that retarded looking position? Looks like they didnt even get the ragdolls right...

edit: Oh, and Pi Mu Rho, you're such a fanboy, it makes me sick.

You'll just have to pretend that I care about your opinion.

Interesting, isn't it, that you've just come back from being banned for your attitude? I suspect you won't be around long. Certainly, looking at your mammoth 6 posts, each one is you whining about something, usually accompanied by little choice epithets like "gay little clip" or "asslicking little fanboy". Most amusing.

He got banned with less than 6 posts?

Clearly shows what a great contributor he is to the boards.

You guys complain about pricing of things, yet you buy it anyway. You complain about not enough free stuff, yet you get free stuff, and then you complain about said free stuff.

The problem I see is that people (once again) were thinking HL:S and its DM component was gonna be like what Black Mesa is becoming now, and it wasn't. It's Valve's way of saying "You CAN make HL1 maps work in Source, and we're porting our classic game to prove it!".

I mean, you probably got HL:S and HL:SDM for FREE. So for the love of everything that is holy, QUIT BITCHING ABOUT STUFF YOU GOT FOR FREE.

This is what bothers me sometimes about Half-Life fans. They'll bitch about anything.

I'm confused. Do we only get HLDM:S if we pre-order or do we get it anyway?

Frankly though, by the look of the screen shots, the maps look exactly the same as if I was playing on the old HL engine. Will I get charged for a game I don't want or will it be absorbed into the cost of purchasing Ep. 01?

Robinhood_01 said:
I'm confused. Do we only get HLDM:S if we pre-order or do we get it anyway?

Frankly though, by the look of the screen shots, the maps look exactly the same as if I was playing on the old HL engine. Will I get charged for a game I don't want or will it be absorbed into the cost of purchasing Ep. 01?

Sigh, HL1DM:S is free for people that pre-order Episode 1 and people that own HL1:S.

I'd rather not pay money to add ragdolls to a game which is great for being simplistic D:. But thats just me

Back