Half Life II Purchase Delay

richpull100

Reaction score
Ya know how Half Life II has been delayed for almost a year at this point? No, well let... of course you do. Anyways, I was thinking that as retribution the HL2 community here should do a HL2 purchase delay where we all collectively say that we will have enough money to buy the game "when we have enough money". Then we will fiddle around for a few months before actaully buying the game.

Here, have a banana.

Attachments

• roselynsanchez006.jpg
    roselynsanchez006.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 557
I think yer gonna' get locked but that's hilarious for the sake of being hilarious.

That's one of the funniest things I have read on these forums.

Gabe and friends will be like, comon buy the game!

We will be like... Sorry, the money hasn't gone gold yet... We are looking at an RC of Spring 2005... You can look at these screenshots of the money though.

Thank you Fusion. HAHAHA, you can see screenshots of the money. Brilliant!

Man, comon, you should know that poeple work on MODs here, do you think that we will wait 2 month to buy the game ?!

:| i dont want to wait a couple of months just to get back at VALVe because they didnt release their game early enough.

Just pretend its September already, of 2003. Use your Zen force and wait. Make mods for Doom III like a mod where the lights make the whole room bright, and not just the 3 foot radius circle underneath them.

So you wait an entire year, then wait some more just for a bit of spitefullness???

CRAZY!!!

well...call me crazy too, because i was think the same thing.

Mabye we should get some theives to steal our money so we can delay it more.

And so nobody played the game ever since...

Nobody can resist of buying the game, seriously. HL2 has been hyped shitloads, mods have been hyped, eveything concerning HL2 has been hyped + they show why it has been hyped
= there can't be single person who knows about HL2, played HL and still plays CS etc, who doesn't buy the game.

Dr. Freeman said:
omg :LOL:
pure gold :E

WOW! Dr Freeman (the games star) says its gone gold w00t w00t w00t omg omg like!!11!!

wait a minute...

:(

I agree... everyone should wait for a couple of weeks before buying it, that'll learn them game-delaying-valve types. How dare they release a finished game when I could have played a buggy, glitch filled version a year ago!

there... that should make sure I can get a special edition on friday morning before it sells out... mwa ha ha etc

Wow, that's awesome, but it would only be teh funny(tm) if ALOT of people did it.

well I own the coupon so they've got my money off ATI anyway.

Okay so, while you're all busy not buying it, I'll buy it and make a thousand spoiler threads - each one giving away a single bit of info.

But, scattered among those threads, there will be some posts that contain the geographical co-ordinates of hidden aztec gold!

You will all be too afraid of spoilers to find the hidden mesages!
And soon I will control the forums, and all the gold or something! Mwah ha hah!

Why, that's the most knee-slapping hilarious thing I've read all day! Oh wait, no it's not. How about you just suck it up and deal with the delay like most normal people instead of whining about it.

vegeta897 said:
That's one of the funniest things I have read on these forums.

Gabe and friends will be like, comon buy the game!

We will be like... Sorry, the money hasn't gone gold yet... We are looking at an RC of Spring 2005... You can look at these screenshots of the money though.

OMG LOL! (10ch)

Mr-Fusion said:
Here, have a banana.
Hehe, that movie is hilarious. I just rented it like a week ago. It was seriously funny. [laugh]

PenaE said:
Hehe, that movie is hilarious. I just rented it like a week ago. It was seriously funny. [laugh]
I saw it yesterday night...

Anyways,
Let's suppose the whole idea is great.

BUT..

1. They didn't do the delays on purpose, they just want you to enjoy their product MORE ..
2. We all have lots of fun of just anticipating for the game to go gold. (Well, not lots, but think of it - it's fun).
3. If we don't buy HL2 on time, Valve won't have enough money to start producing HL3...
4. Only really mean people would do the above... :cool:

Think about it.
:rolling:

Yeah, good points. They are probably delaying the game because our money has viruses on it.

ManiacB said:
I saw it yesterday night...

Anyways,
Let's suppose the whole idea is great.

BUT..

1. They didn't do the delays on purpose, they just want you to enjoy their product MORE ..
2. We all have lots of fun of just anticipating for the game to go gold. (Well, not lots, but think of it - it's fun).
3. If we don't buy HL2 on time, Valve won't have enough money to start producing HL3...
4. Only really mean people would do the above... :cool:

Think about it.
:rolling:

i think it was fairly obvious this thread was meant to be a joke

richpull100 said:
Ya know how Half Life II has been delayed for almost a year at this point? No, well let... of course you do. Anyways, I was thinking that as retribution the HL2 community here should do a HL2 purchase delay where we all collectively say that we will have enough money to buy the game "when we have enough money". Then we will fiddle around for a few months before actaully buying the game.

:flame: VALVe doesn't owe you shit, buddy. When they say: "It's done", I give them the money, they give me the friggin' game and that's it. That's how this world turns around.

A.I. said:
:flame: VALVe doesn't owe you shit, buddy. When they say: "It's done", I give them the money, they give me the friggin' game and that's it. That's how this world turns around.
Actually they said that they owe us, for the support we gave them and making it possible for them to catch the thieves who stole the source.

Back