Half Life movie casting...

E

El Cid

I have don't know if any one else has done this(didn't find any threads) but i thought this would be a fun topic to talk about. I only have one person casted for the Half Life movie(if there ever is one) and its for the G-Man. The G-Man would have to be played by none other then Christopher Walken. He would be the perfect g-man. not too sure about the voice, but hey...thats why there called "actors".

Any one else have any idea about who could play what "IF" there ever was a movie for Half Life?

Not Christopher Walken! No way! Maybe smoking guy from x-files, but not walken!

Morgan Freeman as Eli? What's next Jennifer Lopez as Alyx?

Good G-man would be my uncle.... I swear they must be twins lol

kakagar said:
Morgan Freeman as Eli? What's next Jennifer Lopez as Alyx?

Sure. I think he is a great actor. He was awesome in the Shawshank redemption.

Viggo Mortensen as Freeman. As G-man... I don't know... who do theym usually cast for g-men?

It will never be made. Simply because the hero is alone the whole time=no dialogue

McFly said:
It will never be made. Simply because the hero is alone the whole time=no dialogue
We need Stanley Kubrick to resurrect from the dead.

Edward Norton as Gordon Freeman.

nuff said.

McFly said:

never say never...if they made a House Of The Dead movie they can make a half life movie. plus any movies made after games don't follow the very same storyline of the game.l and yes...House of the Dead did have "some" dialogue in the first game, but its was sorry, and added nothing to the game IMO.

-The voice actor of Alyx for Alyx, (as she looks like her and can act).
-Walken for G-man.

-Edward Norting (my fav) for Gordon.

-Paul Rudd (Mike outa freinds lol, not a good pick but ok), or Mike Shapiro (Voice actor) for barney.

-John Malkovich for Dr. Kleiner lol

Gordon: Edward Norton
G-Man: Christopher Walken
Alyx: dunno
Eli: Morgan Freeman
Barney: Matthew Broderick
Kleiner: Robert Picardo

KurtCobain said:
-The voice actor of Alyx for Alyx, (as she looks like her and can act).
-Walken for G-man.

-Edward Norting (my fav) for Gordon.

-Paul Rudd (Mike outa freinds lol, not a good pick but ok), or Mike Shapiro (Voice actor) for barney.

-John Malkovich for Dr. Kleiner lol
Edward Norton is your favorite but you cant spell Norton?! :p

I was thinking Edward Norton for Gordon as soon as i read this thread title. Didnt realise so many other people would think the same! He was great in American History X and he looks a lot like Gordon. Without glasses. Ish.

Oh yeah, Sean Connery for the Administrator. :p

PvtRyan said:
Those would be the perfect ones for the roles. Except for Alyx.. :dork:

I wanted MGM to make a HL2 movie...i emailed MGM studios and asked...
They should make an HL2 TV Series...

I know who can be a strider...the computer :O

Horray for Steve Buscemi I say. ;)

Incedentally, can someone supply a picture fo Edward Norton? I can't for the life of me remember how he looks...

There would be no need for a Gordon actor, as the whole movie would be filmed from gordons perspective (as the game is) and he wouldn't speak... so... there.

PvtRyan said:
I agree with most of those (but who's Picardo?) but Matthew Broderick's a gamble. As far as I'm concerned the only good thing I've seen him do was Election, everything I've else, he's been pretty wooden.

Or you could not include any of these characters and make a film about other events during the Black Mesa Incident. It's probably the way to go since loads of different stuff happened int he facility.

Pobz said:
There would be no need for a Gordon actor, as the whole movie would be filmed from gordons perspective (as the game is) and he wouldn't speak... so... there.
Interesting idea, but even then the only way to explain Gordon's silence is that he's mute; it'd be a travesty if he spoke. Basically, I don't think this film should be made. Ever. But it's pleasant to speculate on this kinda thing.

As for Buscemi as Barney? Buscemi is an insanely good actor (I don't think I've seen him do a bad role) but looks bugger all like Barney.

PvtRyan said:

the best casting i've seen yet, alyx should be played by the chain smoking lady in fight club!!!

If you don't like the idea of Matthew Broderick as Barney Calhoun... what about Ron Livingston?

The first woman's name that pops into my head when I see Alyx is Halle Berry (she has a similar skin tone, but she doesn't have features that look part Asian). I've seen people that are closer but I just can't remember their names. I'll go look for a better match.

Eeew God, no. Helena Bonham Carter doesn't look anything like Alyx and she's annoying.
Ron Livingston, eh? Very good call.

Buckaroo Banzai said:
Ever sense I saw that Charlie Sheen movie "The Arrival" I knew he would be perfect for the part.
Look at these screenshots and tell me he isn't perfect for the role of Gordon:

Gordon-1
Gordon-2
Gordon-3
Gordon-4
Gordon-5

Anyone can grow a goatee and wear geeky glasses, and besides the goatee and the glasses, he looks nothing like Gordon.

El Chi, Picardo is the doctor from Voyager, he looks like Kleiner (bald on top) is a little younger though, but with make-up these days that shouldn't be too hard. But the aspect in which he is the most similar that he can be really sarcastic like Kleiner.

http://www.hypertrek.org/xr/img/picardo.jpg

And pardon me for making a Star Trek reference in my post, I'm deeply ashamed and will no commit hara-kiri now.

Why do people always want movies to everything...? I'd never want to see a HL movie... o_O

Damn, the only others that come to mind at the moment that even remotely remind me of Alyx are Jennifer Lopez (she would be a horrible choice for the part), Kelly Hu, Lisa Bonet, Lucy Liu, and Rosario Dawson... some of them only in certain pictures.

Why couldn't they just use Merle Dandridge, the voice behind Alyx Vance? Same with Michelle Forbes, the voice behind Dr. Judith Mossman. They both look a lot like their characters. On a related note, what does Harry S. Robins (Dr. Kleiner) look like?

EDIT:
DEATH eVADER said:
Delroy Lindo maybe
No. He may be an aging black man, but that's not enough.

Robert Guillaume already does Eli's voice and he's a good actor... he would just need some facial hair.

el Chi said:
I agree with most of those (but who's Picardo?) but Matthew Broderick's a gamble. As far as I'm concerned the only good thing I've seen him do was Election, everything I've else, he's been pretty wooden.

Robert Picardo is the doctor from Star Trek Voyager. maybe a bit too youthful for the role, but still decent.

i agree with a few people though, if they're gonna make a film, they should go for relatively unknown actors. otherwise the film will have an altogether different perspective and purpose.

EDIT: oh damn, sorry didn't see PvtRyans post :/

I say they never make a HL movie that has Gordon in it. A HL movie would be fine with me as long as hes not in it. As for the cast, I say they pull a 28 days later and use actors we never heard of.

Back