Half Life Radio (Information)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRook

Reaction score
Ok guys ive just been listening to half life radio (EEEEk :borg: ) and so far its been a load of speculation about the Fall release and they are basing their information from "news" such as CNN and so on. Who supposedly heard it from Valve... (a Lady at valve - which they have referred to as the lady who answers the phones (receptionist/secretary?) Which im sure may not be the most reliable source of data...

A Guy from steam "called up" Douglas something... (not lombardi) and said that they will be releasing HL2 on steam before shop release... but again.. no solid proof really (it could be one of their friends... :thumbs: ) um... that ends my report... Good Luck...

Andy
TheRook

Why did you post this?...Didn't you see the other thread?

nm just get rid of this then... but i didnt see it on there! fresh off the radio...

Andy
TheRook

He didn't feel like reading all of it to see if this was already covered.

At least in this one you can really understand what was going on - on HL radio, instead of viewing ~5 pages just to figure out when the broadcast started and what everyone said.
This one is better, and I suggest everyone WITH an update from any source this night, drop the info to this thread and not to that overloaded million page thread.

That's the first time I ever listend to HL radio and the last. Everything they said, we already know about and is nothing knew. What an annoying, unprofessional show. After that they talked about sex for 45 minutes and how without sex there would be no Gabe Newell and no half-life.

Silverstreak said:
That's the first time I ever listend to HL radio and the last. Everything they said, we already know about and is nothing knew. What an annoying, unprofessional show. After that they talked about sex for 45 minutes and how without sex there would be no Gabe Newell and no half-life.

They talked about sex for 45 minutes? Wow, good thing I stopped listening after they stated that they would never use a fake news headline to promote themselves :(

HLR bashing isn't going to get us anywhere....except for closed topics and more hatred from both sites....Why can't we have peace and have all sites coexist peacefully?

:bounce:

Scary.

The Thing said:
HLR bashing isn't going to get us anywhere....except for closed topics and more hatred from both sites....Why can't we have peace and have all sites coexist peacefully?

Scary.
Thank you "The Thing".

You win the "Most Mature Post of the Month" award.

The Thing said:

Scary.
That's not possible, why? We're human! Look at the world today, a lot worse than these forums could ever get lol. So look at it that way
:thumbs:

Humm, I really diden't think that Valve would give exlusive info to such a bad site as HL radio.

wait. . . site?

could anyone post the url? EDIT: never mind, google wins again

I had never heard of HLR till a few days ago.

:upstare:

*cringe* :eek:

Yea, I was expecting some good stuff. How do they come up with those headlines? How does HLR actually work? Do they sit down and talk to Valve via phone? How do they know what will happen? Does Vavle tell them this garbage to hype the community?

how long ago was the air time, like how many hours ago did they post useless info?

Silverstreak said:
That's not possible, why? We're human! Look at the world today, a lot worse than these forums could ever get lol. So look at it that way
:thumbs:

quite true. the philosophers and essentialists Hobbes and Machiavelli both agree humans are faulted and fickled. Hobbes further agrees to say that humans are war-like. we cannot control our impulses. the only way to stop us is with strict ruling and harsh punishments.

How many times have people posted useless speculation on useless information in the first place?

Half Life radio is an independent site (not related to valve or HL2.net) and they are notorious for announcing interviews that never happen, not meeting their promises, stating speculations / unverified information as facts, and extreme immaturity.

I'm not saying that to flame them or say anyone else is better....just a description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back