Half Life Source Code

JellyWorld

Reaction score
I noticed that some people were posting posts with reference to the Half Life Source Code, where on earth did they get that from?

sdk?
source code?

*BSOD*

(blue screen of death)

the Half-Life source code that's available in the Half-Life [1] SDK.

Software
Developer's
Kit

For a second there I thought this thread was going to have the original poster saying "omg ***** got hl2 sauce code ROFOSFOGGDO!"

But i'm glad it isn't :)

Danimal said:
For a second there I thought this thread was going to have the original poster saying "omg ***** got hl2 sauce code ROFOSFOGGDO!"

But i'm glad it isn't :)
What's an election campaign without competition?

The SDK was a massive download, 100+mb if I remember correctly...

0_o it was that big,ohcrapmedadsgonnakillmecuzidownloadedthatfatboySDK
it couldnt have been that big,i downloaded it from steam in about 5seconds exactly

Gordon's Brother said:
0_o it was that big,ohcrapmedadsgonnakillmecuzidownloadedthatfatboySDK
it couldnt have been that big,i downloaded it from steam in about 5seconds exactly
the HL 1 sdk, not released via steam back in those days.

and HL2's sdk is pretty big too, i doubt you actually got it in five seconds... it just dled without you being aware of it most like :D

Ennui said:
the HL 1 sdk, not released via steam back in those days.

and HL2's sdk is pretty big too, i doubt you actually got it in five seconds... it just dled without you being aware of it most like :D
oh i thought you guys ment hl2 sdk and yes it did take me 5 seconds,ok maybe ten :thumbs: seriosly

it probably took that long to initialize; the actual download should be much, much bigger.

Unless you're plugged into Valve's network, sitting outside their offices this fine morning with a laptop in the bushes?

The people might just have been referring to Half-Life: Source, which is the Source version of Half-Life 1.

200 / 5 = 40
You have a 40 meg per second line? :/

the half-life 2 source code (i got it from filedonkey) its not the sdk this has the world craft and the full hl2 engine source code (not including the graphis or models) i had the 300mb version there are many like 40mb (well compressed) but yea.

He means, that when it adds it to your list :p, it took about, 10 mins for me to download it.

ben5015se said:
the half-life 2 source code (i got it from filedonkey) its not the sdk this has the world craft and the full hl2 engine source code (not including the graphis or models) i had the 300mb version there are many like 40mb (well compressed) but yea.

Yes those 40mb ones are illegal, they were stolen from VALVe, what I am getting at is, don't download them.

yep, if you do I'd have to come pwn you.

I hate warez kiddies. As some of you saw in that [name of shitty warez steam] thread, before it got deleted.

Either way, at this point I'd have to say; HL1 Source code: outdated. HL2 Source Code: Illegal.

Valve ERC is an alternative :)

Edit: Wow, didn't know I had illegal stuff on my comp. Last I checked, HL2 code isn't illegal.

nbk said:
Valve ERC is an alternative :)

Edit: Wow, didn't know I had illegal stuff on my comp. Last I checked, HL2 code isn't illegal.

So naive.

nbk said:

*looks at join date*

Ahhh now I understand.

Back