Half Life Source without buying Silver Pack?

F

FipS4FuN

Hi Guys!!

Only have one question!! i want to know if i can get Half Life Source without buying HalfLife on Steam??? i mean i bought Half Life 2 in a shop next to where i life and now i also want to have HL:Sr??? can i buy HL:S sepperatly or must i buy HL2 Silver??? please help me!!

cya Fips

Sadly you can't.

Unless Valve have a change of heart or someone cracks it, I'm afraid we're screwed.

this is a outrage to be honest......

we paid exactly the same but because vu and valve have issues we the consumer are forced to suffer...

Yeah, I think this is ridiculous myself. I would definitely like to see HL:S sold separately. Who can we write to about this?

hmm in first game DOD was free or am i false?? maybe its free??? hmm hl:s should be sold sepperatly

In the future, I'm sure you'll be able to download it for free. It is technically a Half-Life 2 MOD, and isn't avaliable in stores (aside from the Collector's Edtion).

It'll probably take a while though, once profits start declining with retail versions, and VU looses interest in producing more Collector's Editions, then it's possible Valve will release a free version. But that won't happen for another year or two (estimate), and by that time, the Total Overhaul projects would have been completed.

They cant be serious can they?
one of the reasons i bought hl2 was the hl2 source and dod source.
No one informed me that bronze would not allow me to get these sources at a future time
i didnt see any posts from hl2/steam about this either,
so what can i do to get these sources?

please help me

who said:
They cant be serious can they?
one of the reasons i bought hl2 was the hl2 source and dod source.
No one informed me that bronze would not allow me to get these sources at a future time
i didnt see any posts from hl2/steam about this either,
so what can i do to get these sources?

please help me
They are serious. You just simply can't buy HL:S separately at this time.

I would wait a while, for two reasons:
(1) If and when a fan-made HL conversion is finished and released, it will probably be better than Valve's current HL:S. However, you can't rely on fan-made mods to come out for sure, much less come out quickly, so...
(2) With enough community feedback and time, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve released some kind of update for HL:S, whether it be a downloadable update or an inclusion in a future expansion pack for HL2.

Of course, if you wait for either of the above, you will probably be waiting for a long time. In the meantime, I'm just going to play the original Half-Life, because in all seriousness, it doesn't look that bad. It's definitely playable, and if, as I understand, HL:S doesn't improve any of the textures, then what's the point at this time?

A friend of mine who had ATI version which was only the bronze version got his key upgraded to include HL:source through steam. He had to pay 10+ extra.. it was an upgrade to sivler version.

total overhaul?

A True Canadian said:
In the future, I'm sure you'll be able to download it for free. It is technically a Half-Life 2 MOD, and isn't avaliable in stores (aside from the Collector's Edtion).

It'll probably take a while though, once profits start declining with retail versions, and VU looses interest in producing more Collector's Editions, then it's possible Valve will release a free version. But that won't happen for another year or two (estimate), and by that time, the Total Overhaul projects would have been completed.

whats total overhaul projects

bassman61588 said:
whats total overhaul projects
There are people talking about making a real Half-Life: Source. As in redoing everything in HL1 into the new HL2 engine. They're not official projects, so Valve has nothing to do with them.

Fan-made mods of this magnitude usually never get released unless the game has a huge community. Half-Life has such a community, so it's quite possible that a HL1>HL2 total conversion will eventually see the light of day.

Back