half life

G

I just bought Half-Life Generations 3 (Half-Life, Opposing Forces, Blue Shift)

does that include counter strike ?

Not as far as I know...
It's a singleplayer and multiplayer game that'll be coming soon. About 1st Oct and 1st Oct 2065

DO NOT BUY CONDITION ZERO!

Why? Condition Zero provides a single-player experience, and comes with multiplayer cs. But since the sp is rubbish, and you can download the mp for free, theres no point buying it.

actually you will have to download a patch to play cs. However if you want to play the most recent version you will have to get it off of steam. As the WON servers are going down soon there will be no point in buying the generations pack if you want to get cs that way.

im confused here. Which CS file do i download from counter-strike.com ?

I have only ordered the gen pack 3 will there be any CS file in that at all ?

Also You play Half life firs right then oppsoing forces then blue shift ?
But doesnt blue shift have some graphical improvements, so you could install these before playing Half life ?

Also are there any good mods that will improve the graphics before i play half life ?

CS:CZ = pointless. The SP part of it sucks and the MP part of it is available FREE via STEAM without subs (at the moment anyway).

Right, you want this full patch for counter-strike and you'll want to make sure Half-Life is also fully patched as well otherwise you won't be able to play online.

The graphics upgrade for BlueShift only works on BlueShift. I suggest playing them in the following Order.

Half-Life / Opposing Force / BlueShift

Incorrect, The high definition pack that comes with BlueShift updates Half-Life and Opposing Forces graphics as well as blueshift.

Originally posted by Zraisfury
Incorrect, The high definition pack that comes with BlueShift updates Half-Life and Opposing Forces graphics as well as blueshift.

So i install Half life, then intsall BS, and what else do i need to do to activate the improvements ?

You'll be given the option to install the High-Definition Pack by the install program, I believe.

Originally posted by Zraisfury

It didn't on mine but then Steam fked a few things up so I kinda had to hack a few directories together to get things working.

*wants BS really really badly*
Any word on BS being released through Steam?

not until they tweak the tweaks they made to the hl enging

Back