Half-Life2: Day of Realease

ill be starting my first week of colledge, DAMN!!!!!!:flame: , say I get home at 4, ill only have about 6 hours on it, then ill have to wait another WHOLE day to play it again!, got that sucks :(

welll im hoping im going to get it the day it comes out (wednesday, i think) because its my birthday on that day WOOHOO - but im only going to play it a few hours a day.... plus my dad works in the room with the PC in so i might have to wait or ages just before i can install it .... o well im sure all the waiting will pay off :)

education, family, friends, etc should come first........ but it wont happen, im gonna play so much hl2 my eyes will bleed and my butt and chair will be as one. :)

Originally posted by simmo2k3
ill be starting my first week of colledge, DAMN!!!!!!:flame: , say I get home at 4, ill only have about 6 hours on it, then ill have to wait another WHOLE day to play it again!, got that sucks :(

With spelling like that you need to goto college!

possible dialog between teacher and student, October 1st, 2003.

T:"What? Where are all the students? The flu shouldn't hit here until Janurary..."

S:"Well, ma'am, you don't know what i know..."

T:"What?"

S:"its October the 1st...."

T:"I noticed that, thank you."

S:"Well, Half-Life 2 was released yesterday..."

T:"So what? Whats that crap anyway, 'Half-Life 2'?"

S:"Well, If you would know, you wouldn't have come here today, because you'd know better..."

I'll start by nibbling on the back of her neck and slowly progressing towards her breasts. When I get there I will rip her clothes off with my teeth. I will then cover her in chocolate sauce from head to toe, and slowly and precisely lick her clean. I will top it off with a cherry for good measure...

Ohh, wait, this is about HL2.. I will buy it, drink a six pack, and play it untill my next class(days if it ends up before a weekend).

Originally posted by ]SK[
With spelling like that you need to goto college!

God, with puncuation like that uoy need to go to college!(yes I spelled you wrong on porpoise(and I spelled purpose wrong))

Originally posted by oldi1knoby
God, with puncuation like that uoy need to go to college!(yes I spelled you wrong on porpoise(and I spelled purpose wrong))

"Punctuation" dude...

I think you need a cold shower, me lad.

Then you need to take a copy of PlayGirl out, and head for the loo.

That's right...PlayGirl and not PlayBoy ;)

:dork:

Originally posted by El_Chi
I don't know if I'll get to play it for the first week. Sept 30th= first day of uni= fresher's week. Therefore, I will be incredibly anxious on that day and incredibly drunk the rest of the week. HL2's too pretty an experience to play whilst I'm blind. Or having my stomach pumped. And I'ma put meeting pretty new people first.
Playing HL2 will be, to start with a slow-burning experience as I don't wanna be a total recluse. Not the best or most exciting first impression to make.

Besides, I probably need to upgrade. :(

Same here. I leave on the 29th and Half Life 2 comes the next day.

Originally posted by MadGuy
some people dream about computer games..some dream about girls...:)

Evryone dreams about girls.

Oh sh8t on a shingle!

Half-Life 2 is all that matters that's why we frequent this forum, surely?

Who gives a toss what some a**hole thinks about it being 'sad'.

That tosser is as 'sad' as the rest of us, and he fk*n knows it!

:devil:

:cheers:

:cheers: :smoking:

normally games come out here on wednesdays, and ive got the afternoon free at wednesdays...wonder what im gonna do the day after thoug :s

talkin bout dreaming of girls and homework? BAH! you should all be ashamed of yourselves... Hlaf-Life 2 hasn't had a date in 5 years, I plan to wine and dine with Valve till I beat the single player game.

sept 30th. man gonna be sweet day. jus like birthday or christmas, can't sleep the night before......wanting to open them pressies, in this case, go to the shop buy the game, and install!!

But wait...what happens if u order the game? won't it come to ya house the day after??????

Is anyone planning on downloading the game via Steam?

the 30th of september is a tuesday, though...

lol - o dear.... thats my birthday and i didnt even know the day... i thought it was wadnesday lol.....

Originally posted by Blud Stane
talkin bout dreaming of girls and homework? BAH! you should all be ashamed of yourselves... Hlaf-Life 2 hasn't had a date in 5 years, I plan to wine and dine with Valve till I beat the single player game.
:cheers:

Originally posted by oldi1knoby

I pitty the f00

30th September (if they keep their promises *shows threatning fist*) will be like Bhristmasday. It's a combination between Birthday and Christmas.
I've decided not to pick up my copy of the game until the friday after the release because I want to be able to enjoy it without having to think about school. But when I do, I'll go home and make sweet sweet love to the game...UHYEAH!

here's what GameSpyDaily says about the HL2 delay:

Just a follow-up on yesterday's Half-Life 2 delay story: to clear things up, we have confirmed directly with Vivendi Universal that there is a delay. We've even double checked. Valve has yet to send an official confirmation or denial either way on this, and other sites are reporting that there isn't a delay based on alleged email answers Gabe Newell sent to random fans. In some cases, these mails are obviously forged.

Yes, Valve is developing Half-Life 2 and they have control over when the game is declared finished, but Vivendi is responsible for publishing the game and actually getting it in stores. And that entire quality assurance, duplication, packaging, and distribution process takes time. So Vivendi has a little bit of say in the matter too, wouldn't you say?

Now, if there really wasn’t a delay, Valve could have easily sent a two line press release out telling everybody that everything was right on schedule. But they haven’t. And considering the original Half-Life, TF2, TFC, the HL SDK, Steam, CS: CZ, and pretty much every other project Valve has been involved with has suffered delays of various lengths, this latest setback shouldn’t be surprising.

Really, this isn’t a big deal, as we should still get the game this year. Valve doesn’t want to push a crappy version of Half-Life 2 out the door just for the sake of meeting some arbitrary deadline, and I’m sure they won’t ship Half-Life 2 until it is ready.

:'(

that message has been on that site about 1 or 2 days after the delay news. Its not something new. :cheers:

when HL2 comes out the world will probalbe explode and everone with die.....

just my luck :p

if this has been said... i agree with who ever said it

I forgot who said this, but you're right, homework and school should come first, a video game should not compensate for your lack of education. Especially, I have a long road ahead of me...
I think thats me:)
Anyway...somebody played TRAOD?

Back