Half-Life2 not as good as the competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain Man said:
The console world has different standards than the PC world. A console game can actually get marked down for being "too complex" while PC gamers relish the thought of deep gameplay.

Keep that in mind. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
I think it's more a question of how easy the game is to get into. For instance Halo 2's combat looks very deep, with it's duel wielding system giving 36 different possible combinations.

If anything, it's the PC's flexability that brings it down gaming wise. With a PC you always have to worry about minimum specs. And if you meet those minimum specs, then you have to worry about tweaking that new games settings in order to get a decent framerate.

Then, because there are so many different PC hardware combos, games on the PC platform are always 10x more buggy than console games. Crashing, corrupt textures, patches, patches, patches, patches.

Hate to break it to ya, but there are plenty of console titles over the years that just beat PC's face into the ground.

I'm majorly a PC gamer myself, but anyone who thinks that consoles have nothing on PC are sorley misstaken and infinitely ignorant.

Some people need to learn the difference between Fact and Opinion.

god halo had no depth you think halo 2 any better get a life play half life it better by miles

Will there be mods for Halo 2? Will there be mods for GTA:SA? NO.

HL2 is where it's at. :cheers:

SubKamran said:
Will there be mods for Halo 2? Will there be mods for GTA:SA? NO.

HL2 is where it's at. :cheers:

Actually... yes.. they will have MODs...
As soon as they come to PC that is. :E

metal6501 said:
you think halo 2 any better
I think it will be considerably better. They've actually had time to properly balance every single weapon this time.

get a life play half life it better by miles
I didn't realise I was only allowed to like HL.

did i say just half life NO it does not compare it for consoles thats it no argument

Did any of you actually contribute to the development of any of the games mentioned? No?

No bragging rights for anyone then. Comparison over. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back