Halflife 2 AI/Glitch Problem: Help Please!

Viking_AM

Reaction score
Well, after all of these years on holding out, I have finally gotten a chance to lay my hands on the newer installments to the Halflife franchise... almost ten years after I played the original.

I have installed the entire Orange Box, and let install and update completely through Steam. During gameplay I have run into two noticeable issues really bothering me.

1) Whenever I load a game, and sometimes when it loads the next scene, the game disable AI, telling me in the lower right corner of the screen "A.I. Disabled"
Well, I enabled the console and consistently type
AI_DISABLE
followed by
AI_RESUME
in order to continue normal gameplay.

2) I'm on the level "We Don't Go to Ravenholm"
I've reached the point at which Gordon Freeman arrives at the train depot/car warehouse.
I've killed all of the Combine in the area, and go through the short scene with the "good guy" being tended to.
The man tells me to follow him into the next room, and the woman is in there, nursing the wounded men.
But...
The frickin guy in the doorway is standing there, BLOCKING MY WAY FROM WALKING IN!
How do I overcome this issue? I have reloaded, played many different approaches, and no change to this issue!
Any help is appreciated!

Ok first of all you retype "Ai_disable" to enable the AI, it's the same command to disable and enable.
As for your second glitch you can type "Sv_cheats 1" then "Noclip" this will allow to to walk though walls etc. Move though the doorway then use "Noclip" again to disable.
Hope this helps a bit.

Back