halflife 3 ?

scully

Reaction score
how gutted am i! i just finished halflife2! NOW IM BORED! so how long do u think we have to wait for halflife 3?

im guessing that it wont be too long as they can use all the graphics and programming from hl2? so all they gotta do is actually create the levels right?

or am i being blonde? :naughty:

do u think there will be a 3rd one?

yes we KNOW there is going to be a third game. we just don't know when.. gabe said they won't be starting it the following year or two.

There are too many unanswered questions for there not to be :)

mayfer said:
yes we KNOW there is going to be a third game. we just don't know when.. gabe said they won't be starting it the following year or two.

Or they've pulled a Matrix, and we'll see it sometime in 2005.

GGRRR, haven't been paid yet, don't even have it and you fine people have finished the game already gggrrrrr :flame:

Or its eventual existence at least, according to loose-lipped Swedes
Swedish mag Gamereactor has broken cover (and, it appears, its non-disclosure agreement) by claiming that Valve CEO Gabe Newell revealed that Half-Life 3 is in the planning stage at the Seattle developers.
Speaking during a recent press briefing at Valve HQ, Newell is said to have revealed that, at this stage, the company envisage Half-Life 2 female NPC Alyx as playable in Half-Life 3, and promised more alien-based revelations.
While it's no great surprise that the series will continue, Valve and publishers Vivendi can't be too impressed that Half-Life 3 appears to have been confirmed before they've even managed to get 2 into the shops. Expect much more confirmed info in the build up to this year's E3.

news from: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&ar ticleid=29117&subsectionid=1589

It is possible?

cEx said:
Or its eventual existence at least, according to loose-lipped Swedes
Swedish mag Gamereactor has broken cover (and, it appears, its non-disclosure agreement) by claiming that Valve CEO Gabe Newell revealed that Half-Life 3 is in the planning stage at the Seattle developers.
Speaking during a recent press briefing at Valve HQ, Newell is said to have revealed that, at this stage, the company envisage Half-Life 2 female NPC Alyx as playable in Half-Life 3, and promised more alien-based revelations.
While it's no great surprise that the series will continue, Valve and publishers Vivendi can't be too impressed that Half-Life 3 appears to have been confirmed before they've even managed to get 2 into the shops. Expect much more confirmed info in the build up to this year's E3.

news from: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&ar ticleid=29117&subsectionid=1589

It is possible?
Yes and it is also old news.

The magazine haven't broken any NDA's since it was "announced" a long while ago. Even the swedish mag had that news from March earlier this year. Now here's the funny part:

The news from March says they were at a press conference in Seattle at Valve HQ where they asked Gabe if they were working on Half-Life 3. Funny enough back then they were also planning Half-Life 3.

The news saying that is now deleted, but if you search the web you see news indicating the same thing, but linking to the deleted news.

I think it's a blatant reuse of news plus some stolen material from other news (being able to play as Alyx, which is also misquoted as part of Half-Life 3, and not as an expansion as it is refered to.)

So the only thing there is that they never cease to break the bullshit record.

Certainly going to be one. I'd be surprised if the Source engine as it sits would be the base, though. Valve has a penchant for hot rodding the crap out of whatever technology they use. In 2 or 3 years, they'll need to just to keep pace.

ive just started it in hard mode... lol.. i can see how it would take longer to do

scully said:
how gutted am i! i just finished halflife2! NOW IM BORED!

Well you can go to SPOILERs forum and discuss Half-Life 2 theories there

Chronos said:
Well you can go to SPOILERs forum and discuss Half-Life 2 theories there
Yes! That's almost as fun as playing the game!! :rolling:

Who am I kidding. I would have more fun gouging my eyes out with a plastic spoon.

Back