halflife2 for the mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forsee this thread going the way of all mac threads.

eliteist mac users moaning at stubborn pc gamers.....

To the tune of jingle bells

no-no-no, no-no-no, no-no-no-no-no, no-no-no-no-no-no, no-no-no-no-no-no

sorry to be harsh but put simply, no :LOL:

I can barely imagine the xbox, doom3 looks awfull on it, hl2 would just ... i just dont see how it would work on a console.. just my opinion, as for Mac, i dunno how difficult it is to port it, but if it is then they shouldnt waste time bothering :O

If you are a gamer then why did you get a mac in the first place?

Lobster said:
... as for Mac, i dunno how difficult it is to port it, but if it is then they shouldnt waste time bothering :O

I agree, I doubt changing graphics APIs is cheap nor easy :)

He never said he was a gamer, I know many people who are not gamers at all but are rabid for HL2..... just sows you the all-encompassing-ness of HL2 and VALVe..... LONG LIVE GABE NEWELL!

Yeah, so I got a little carried away........ Who cares?....

Right?

yeah considering hl2 is a dx9 game, and dx is microsoft... i'll say no to mac. hm but who knows, if it is seen as a lucrative deal, well corporations are always looking to earn money... i doubt it'd be worth it though.

There's some video floating around hte internet about gamers+macintosh.

"There's that one fun puzzle game by yappa-logo"

The only thing stupider than games+xbox has to be games+macintosh.

mac isnt a gaming platform so I doubt hl² will be ported for mac. The only new game for mac will be doom3 cuz it used openGL.

Macs don't have the home user base to justify a port. It would be too costly for too little gain. Macs are principally work stations (use them myself), PCs are far better gaming platforms.

All Macs should be placed in a field and blown up. Horrible machines.

HL2 is to Mac as Mario is to Playstation 2[Not a chance in hell]

BTW--I am by no means a Mac fan, but they are far from pointless.

Macs/Linux/Windows--there is a seeding balance between them all. Each are great for their own purpose.

I don't have anything against macs, I think that especially the new ones look very cool, but I don't have a use for one so I don't need one. However, if they made PCs it would be a whole 'nother story...

My thought is HL2 will *never* go to the mac platform, despite porting a DX8 or DX9 game to macos is not so difficult as people think (there are companies that do this and it goes quite well). Gabe is a MS man and Valve is a Windows company (though they do game network serwers to run on linux). That's just the way it is.

I'm a mac fan, I have PC only for 2 games... SWG and HL [1 and 2, and...]. Though to run a HL2 on the mac one would need to have a G5 and a nice ATI radeon card.

Doom definetly will be for macs.. what joy for me :(

Guess I'll start earning money for a new gfx card for my pc.

hmm I lust love to return to the beginnings... 1 post lol

I havent seen a Mac compatable game since the days of Windows 95, back when CD's said on the label that they were compatable with Windows version 1.1 and Mac version 1.01...I still have several CD's like that in my collection.

I don't have anything against Macs users - except they all look as well as act like a bunch of wusses. I also happend to hate it's pothetic tv adds. However, kudos for iTunes i most say.:)

Dougy said:
i forsee this thread going the way of all mac threads.

eliteist mac users moaning at stubborn pc gamers.....

Or me saying:

MACINTOSHES ARE GAY AND WORTHLESS AND NO AWESOME GAMES HAVE COME OUT FOR MAC IN LIKE 14 YEARS.

Glo-Boy said:
Or me saying:

MACINTOSHES ARE GAY AND WORTHLESS AND NO AWESOME GAMES HAVE COME OUT FOR MAC IN LIKE 14 YEARS.

And I say: WINDOWS IS PATHETIC AND NO REAL OS HAS COME OUT FOR PC SINCE THE OS/2

It's better to close this thread until it's too late :p

Why Mac, if there is Linux ;)

I asked Rick and he said, he isn't aware of any other windows dependencies than winAPI and DirectX.
So porting wouldn't be impossible, it's more a thing of will-power and user base ;)

Besides, i've heard a rumor that a company in thailand has figured out a way to make windows emulation on linux work perfectly.

krzysp said:
And I say: WINDOWS IS PATHETIC AND NO REAL OS HAS COME OUT FOR PC SINCE THE OS/2

YEAH, MAYBE SO, BUT MACS HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A DECENT OS, EVER!!

Close it now :LOL:

Glo-Boy said:
Or me saying:

What, like Unreal Tournament 2004?

:E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back