halflife2 mp= counterstrike 2

Wow the video quality sucks. Even so-it looks fing amazing. Can't wait for a high-res non-shaky cam vid to come out.

Hmm. I think some people have jumped to conclusions or just not read their info right. I believe that the olds games will be remade with source just like we all wanted. We will be charged a nominal fee, similar to that of a budget game. These games are nothing to do with HL2 apart from them sharing the same engine code.

Correct?

To me it sounds like gabe says that cs: source will be the hl2 multiplayer and that hl, op4 etc will also be ported to source later.

When Gabe says "What about multiplayer?" he is generalizing, he doesn't literally mean HL2 multiplayer.

lol I think he is, HL2's multiplayer will be Counter Strike Source, simple as that

ah, lagged.. accidental double post, pretend this isn't here :)

mortiz said:
When Gabe says "What about multiplayer?" he is generalizing, he doesn't literally mean HL2 multiplayer.
You can't say that for sure.

And that latest e-mail from PvtRyan clears up only half the issue :|

Shuzer said:
You can't say that for sure.

And that latest e-mail from PvtRyan clears up only half the issue :|

Yeah, but at least we've got a reason to flame people who still call it CS2 ;)

But the fact that he didn't want to denie CS2 being the multiplayer, says something in my opinion.

I was thinking they bring out CS Source for all the CS junkies out there who just want to play cs as it is. And then they bring out CS2 which will be a completely different game with probably a whole different game setup (possibly vehicles). So all parties are happy, Valve gets money from two games, and both the addicted cs players aswell as the people who want something new are happy.

Hasn't anyone remembered how a few weeks ago those Belgium students got to go into Valve HQ? If I remember correctly they saw a multiplayer map called Car Chase or something, and it although it wasn't mentioned it certainly sounded like a HL2 DM map than some sort of CS map.

People are really over reacting here.

Really though, think about it. What would be the point in a CS2 when they could just keep updating CS:Source?

There's no point making a CS2 that will be almost exactly the same to CS:Source. Counter-Strike as it stands now works, all VALVe will want to do is update the graphics. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Judging by Gabe's comment ("We're not calling it counter-strike 2"), I would guess there is no CS2 project.

That video almost gave me an epileptic seizure the quality was so bad. SP looks pretty nice. CS-Source is giving me a big "meh" feeling. Hopefully they have something else up their sleeves. I think they do actually, I can't see them completely ignoring the chance to make new MP content with vehicles and stuff.

By the way, is anyone else getting TERRIBLE lag with the site? I gues there's a little more traffic, but HL2.NET is barely functioning for me. Also, mods can you start doing your jobs and lock some of these redundant multiplayer threads? I have no idea where I should post.

Judging by Gabe's comment ("We're not calling it counter-strike 2"), I would guess there is no CS2 project.
As I recall, there is an entirely new CS being developed.

yeah, they have previously mentioned working on a "CS2"

Naft said:
yeah, they have previously mentioned working on a "CS2"

counter-strike source....previously codenamed 'cs2'...makes sense to me

Back