Hall of Heroes

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
This was an idea I had for a community project.

I had no plans besides this initial idea, so maybe this thread can be used to discuss and see what people think about it.

I was thinking of a massive(maybe) project of a great Hall of Heroes of sorts to be undertaken on the server. What the building would look like and everything is completely up in the air... but the most basic thought I had for it was an area that had statues and stuff representing all the players who play on the server. I also had thoughts on maybe a little room for each one with a donation chest, but decided it's probably not for the best since people might be left out and it'd be kind of dumb. If people want to donate stuff for your projects, they can put it in chests near your projects.

Anybody think they could design some cool humanoid type statues maybe, on a limited tile basis? Maybe a 10x10 or 15x15 base. Variation would always be cool.

If this doesn't catch on, it may just become a personal project of mine.

I think it's a good idea. I think the best design for the building would be a long hall(hall of heroes right) with a nice pathway down the middle and enough room on the sides for 1 or 2 statues wide each way.
That would be a pretty easy thing to expand as time went on. It would need a fairly empty spot of land that's not too far from spawn imo. Or maybe even on the lake since there's not too much free space there anymore.

I'm liking this idea, definitely keen to help.

I'd be down. Hat sculpture doesn't seem too hard. :p

put it on the lake on a platform right out in the open for everyone to see. also we should build them with gold or something rare

That's a really good idea, I like it. I think gold may be a bit obsessive, though :p

It'd take like 8 months for us to collect enough gold for just one statue lol.

I'm down for this. My statue should be

beaglew.jpg

I'm up for it - we could head further South to do it, inbetween Flobster's Cathedral and Raz's lava temple?

hallofheroessite.jpg

Here's where I'm suggesting, we can reclaim some land if we want, and there's a mine underneath...

Sounds like a good idea Raz, but 15x15 is a bit small for statues I think.(even if you can build as high as you want)

Sounds like a good idea Raz, but 15x15 is a bit small for statues I think.(even if you can build as high as you want)

Yeah wont they all start looking the same unless you make them huge?

Well everything is still open to discussion. I certainly haven't and wouldn't set anything in stone.

We have like 70 people on the whitelist currently. And we should expect that number to grow.

I'm not sure Vegeta's chin will fit on a 15x15 base.

Haha. Well Before anyone builds anything we should discuss appearances of the building and things like statue base size.

Basically I'm saying... don't go out and lay the cornerstone if we don't know where we're building and what it's gonna look like. Haha.

Maybe we could hollow out a mountain!!! it could have skylights and such.
Although now I think about it this may not look all that awesome in minecraft.. just a thought.

I like the idea, but i think its next to impossible to make a statue representing a plate of Ravioli :S

we need votes here on at least where its going to be located, type 1 for underground, 2 for on a water platform, 3 for underwater, 4 for on land, 5 for on the side of a cliff, and 6 for in the sky (mt Olympus (probably the hardest to make)

#2, on the water on a platform that way you can see it from spawn and everyone has to use a boat to get there. plus it won't get in the way since most people build on land anyway

type 1 for underground, 2 for on a water platform, 3 for underwater, 4 for on land, 5 for on the side of a cliff, and 6 for in the sky (mt Olympus (probably the hardest to make)

Oh thanks for assigning numbers to these locations, they are much too tedious to type out.

This isn't a chatroom, Warped.

Oh thanks for assigning numbers to these locations, they are much too tedious to type out.

This isn't a chatroom, Warped.

well sometimes it feels like one!

oh I forgot another option. we could make a portal to another far away zone to build the Hall. not too sure how well they work but could be cool

If everyone gets to build a statue then it'll have to be miles away from anyone's base since it'll take up a ton of space.

What's the point of there being a Hall of Heroes if EVERYONE is a hero? It just doesn't make much sense to me. Might aswell just call it a museum or something.

Well
spacey.gif
I
spacey.gif
mean,
spacey.gif
you
spacey.gif
can't
spacey.gif
really
spacey.gif
decide
spacey.gif
who
spacey.gif
gets
spacey.gif
to
spacey.gif
be
spacey.gif
a
spacey.gif
hero
spacey.gif
and
spacey.gif
who
spacey.gif
doesn't.
spacey.gif
I
spacey.gif
say
spacey.gif
just
spacey.gif
let
spacey.gif
anyone
spacey.gif
who
spacey.gif
wants
spacey.gif
to
spacey.gif
build
spacey.gif
a
spacey.gif
statue
spacey.gif
of
spacey.gif
themselves
spacey.gif
in
spacey.gif
there,
spacey.gif
do
spacey.gif
it.

Has to be a really big structure. Since there are around 40 whitelisted players.

Edit: I just counted and it's actually 75

What's the point of there being a Hall of Heroes if EVERYONE is a hero? It just doesn't make much sense to me. Might aswell just call it a museum or something.

Well I merely put the name Hall of Heroes because that's what you hear all the time. Something more basic would just sound too basic.

Warped said:

You mean those natural lava falls? Those boring... predictable water falls? Weakness compared to my unnatural, unholy lava falls!

Well since Raziaar came up with the idea I think that he could be the judge of who is a hero and deserves a statue there, and what it takes to earn a spot.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Or the mods should decide on those worthy.

My idea wasn't to define certain people to have statues, and others not to... it was basically to be a cool project that is basically a visual listing of all the hl2.netters(and friends) in the server.

Christ guys, way to overthink the project. It's a building with statues, deal w/ it.

Also, it can be on land, sea, underground and in the air if we want it to be. It's a community project, right? Go ****ing nutso insane, extend that shit in every direction. The only design concern I'd have is making it easy to build upon, ie - don't make walls that aren't easy to break through and add rooms etc.

BADHAT OBVIOUSLY WANTS THE BIGGEST STATUE!

Not on my watch, pal.

The sky city i've been working on (at spawn) could fulfill this purpose. I've been intending to open it up to public development anyway - people can just build extensions to the existing walkways and everyone on the server is welcome to have their own area to show off their prowess.

If we do this, though, I need to expand the walkways a bit more since right now there's only room for 5-6 people to expand. Anyone else who wants to is free to do this - the central circle area where spawn is has room for a walkway to go off to the east, and a walkway going north could be added on the north end of the tree-farm / garden that's up there as well.

How about just making statues for Borgasm and Operational? When I first saw this thread yesterday I actually thought that was the idea, but that was before I read the OP.

Back