Halo 2 omg... please...

coZ

Reaction score
If you love halo that much go find a halo 2 forum... stop comparing this game to half-life 2 it isn’t even on the PC ffs... just the thought of someone putting halo 2 and half-life 2 in the same sentence makes me quiver... I haven’t even clicked on them halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2 threads and I won’t... the more u post the more its going to stay on the front page... its a disgrace to even consider halo 2 competing against the likes of Half-Life 2...

This isn’t a contest… they are two totally different games on totally different platforms… get a clue ppl… :sniper:

If this gets as much attention as the poll threads I’m going to puke...

As long as that poll is still running.

:|

both are FPS
both are action games
both have a male-player
both are singleplayer (stoty-games)
both games include aliens
both include (driveable) vehicles
ect ect...

the only "HUGE" difference is not in the game itself,
it's in: [on what platform you play it on].

I agree, if I see another HL2 vs. Halo 2 thread, I'm going to go to the house of everyone who posts on it and kick their dog.

After I post "Half-Life 2. It's not even a discussion." in the thread.

Crying about it halo2 isn't helping... It's just 1 more halo VS hl2 thread we dont need.

I suggest we lock this and the other thread. ;)

coZ said:
just the thought of someone putting halo 2 and half-life 2 in the same sentence makes me quiver...
Well, you just did :p

Anyway, I'm sure both will be fun games. Just because you love Half-Life 2, that doesn't mean Halo 2 is going to be horrible. Oh, and She, I'm sure there will be a big difference in gameplay. They sound the same on paper, but they play completely differently.

Halo2 and HL2 may seem like very similar games, but they are very different in one major way. Halo2 doesn't need to be revolutionary like HL2 is trying to be, Halo2 will technically be "just another game" but it will be a VERY VERY good one. Don't compare the two, just enjoy them both :)

the funny thing is, people, who want that these silly discussions stop, start a new thread about this issue and seemingly don't realise that it makes the situation no way better. it only gives the fire additional fuel.

a hint: just ignore it! that's the best you can do.

Ban all threads that are related to Halo 2, and send them off to the X-Box Gamer forums.

She said:
both are FPS
both are action games
both have a male-player
both are singleplayer (stoty-games)
both games include aliens
both include (driveable) vehicles
ect ect...

the only "HUGE" difference is not in the game itself,
it's in: [on what platform you play it on].

Well then “she” if you can’t see how different these two games are then you honestly don’t deserver to be on these forums...

You don’t get my point do ya...?

You’re degrading the game everyone is wating for by comparing a game which has out dated graphics from 3 years… Comparing its child like story to hl2’s brings a sick feeling to my stomach.

I loved Halo when it first came out… I’m over it now… Halo 2 doesn’t interest me at all… and I was a full on die hard fan of the original… the graphics on the Xbox are so out dated its not even funny…

Comparing Halo 2 to even Half-Life 1’s game-play is a disgrace…

Halo, a game which entails the use of a control pad for aiming… are you catching my drift? You cant compare them… they are miles apart from each other in game-play, in story, in graphics, in characters, in hardware, in history, in experience, in ideas… there is a lot more I just cbf typing anymore…

coZ: if you were a diehard fan of halo but won't touch Halo 2 then noone can help you, not taking into account Half Life 2 at all. Have you actually played Halo 2 yet?

What coZ said, in short: Halo 1/2 sucks compared to Half-Life 1/2 and that's why you can't compare them!
You're no better.

Prone said:
coZ: if you were a diehard fan of halo but won't touch Halo 2 then noone can help you, not taking into account Half Life 2 at all. Have you actually played Halo 2 yet?
i cant/dont want to... i sold my xbox.. got to old for me...

I am no better? I don't diss games. It's my job to write about games and I've seen utter crap being hyped. I've seen this between Söldner vs. Joint Operations. Between RTCW and Battlefield...

I h8 seeing HL2 vs Halo 2 threads aswell , if i see another imma blow chunks.

People have there opinions about Halo2 (i have some strong ones btw!) grr

And others about HL2 (i loove HL2!)

no more HALO2 vs HALFLIFE2!! DAMNIT PPL!

Prone said:
I am no better? I don't diss games. It's my job to write about games and I've seen utter crap being hyped. I've seen this between Söldner vs. Joint Operations. Between RTCW and Battlefield...

I edited it. Not my fault you posted your message while I was writing mine.

Once again, if you don't the like the thread. Don't read it. It isn't going to kill you to have other people talking in a thread you don't like.

If ppl keep making these threads others will keep replying. I do my best not to - but my fingers take over and it's too late /o\.

Back