Halo 2's grenade

azz0r

Reaction score
I got Halo 2 today like many Id imagine. Although it sucks online - I really found the grenade useful.

It doesnt roll far and goes off in just a few seconds - as opposed to hl2dm which goes for ages and takes a while to go off.

Personally I think hl2dm grenade is absolutely useless - do you agree or not?

Ive emailed cliffe about it, but Im sure hes too busy chillin in the sun of spain to care ;)

Its not all that useless. :)
I´m amazed how many still uses the granade in HL2 DM
You can easily pick it up with your g-gun and toss is back where it came from. so I think the timing is just set right, when you think about it.
Heh, not so long ago someone was complaining in these forums that the grenade went off too quickly..

right click and then pick it up w/ grav gun and launch that shit!!!!!!!!

i love halo 2 i fkin pwn! we should havea giant halo2 lan partie.

What about Halo 2 online play sucks? I, and many others (especially reviewers), think they did an incredible job with their Live support. It's the new standard to which all Live games will be compared. They integrated several features directly into Halo 2 that, previously, you had to quit of the the game and go to the dashboard to access. The actual set-up and playing of online games about as good as they could have made it. Then, they went over the top and added an advanced statistics tracking system that stores where you got killed, at what time, by whom, with what weapon, etc that you can access from their web site. What's wrong with it?

Yeah I just think its pretty naff, its too retro and dull to keep my interest.

Im too used to things being in my grasp, things are pretty nailed down and sparse in Halo 2.

Im too used to things being in my grasp, things are pretty nailed down and sparse in Halo 2.
I'm having trouble understanding how that relates to Halo 2 or any other games for that matter. What do you mean by "used to things being in my grasp" or "things are pretty nailed down." The sparse part I can sort of see, but is that an issue of the level detail or the number of players you have played with?

I think grenades, while they are difficult to use, can be very useful in some situations. They are good for people "charging" their health, or people stuck in small rooms (like the cells in dm_lockdown)

if you right click instead of leftclick you will drop the granade right in front of u!!!!!!

OCybrManO said:
I'm having trouble understanding how that relates to Halo 2 or any other games for that matter. What do you mean by "used to things being in my grasp" or "things are pretty nailed down." The sparse part I can sort of see, but is that an issue of the level detail or the number of players you have played with?

No gravity gun - Im too used to being able to pick anything up, if Im lucky I might knock over a bench in Halo 2 :rolleyes:

I've gotten several kills by dropping grenades under the stairs from the floor above in dm_lockdown.

They're great for catching someone who's not paying attention when you can't get a clear shot with other stuff.
Grenade kills also give you intangible style points. :p

Ooooooh, style points :) Be funny if Valve added them in, where it tracked certain circumstances and gave you points or subtracted them depending on things you did. Like extra points for a long-shot with the crossbow, and losing points if you're cheap and kill 4 people in a melee with 1 rocket etc :)

Be too tricky, but I can dream...

Grenades are both too long and just right - just right in that someone can just have enough time to pick it up and throw it back, and to long in that if someone sees it, they can easily get away from it, also you can't just throw it at someone and have them die (like someone charging health), because they'll be alerted to it and run.

Also sucks that they fly so far/bounce so much - main problem is probably the bouncing. The distance is very useful sometimes, but I feel the bounce makes it too hard to predict where it's going to land properly.

are you crazy? im ussually play gravity gun only in most servers and if theres nothing around i ussualy resort to a quick and effective nade gravity launch right into their face.

works like a charm

IMO the grenade goes way too high when you throw it, try throwing it straight up, it goes up like 5 stories.

I use the throw-on-floor-wait-then-pick-up-and-throw-again trick from DOD to cook my grenades in HL2DM :D

Hmm... grenades for me are useless... though I find the grenade luncher much convenient to use.

I think the grenade floats too much, it needs its own "instant throw" key, and that red light is a dead giveaway. The grenade in Halo PC is excellent.

I've gotten a couple of nade kills in my dm experience. The trick is to recognize a good opportunity to use them, like when two people are fighting or someone is chasing you down a hallway.

Also, grav gun + nade = rpg. It takes alot of skill, practice and timing but trust me, theres no satisfaction like killing someone with a grav gunned nade.

Use the alternate fire with the gernade.
Dosn't go as far lol.
How come it seems I am the only one who knows that!

Every weapon except the gravity gun is useless :)

MigaS_tX said:
Yeah, the timing is very bad. :(
?
I can't believe people don't know this: (not just you, MigaS :))
right click to drop a nade, hit e and pick it up. Click to throw it whenever you want. There's your short-fuse grenade. Simple, eh?
And even if you don't use that trick, long-fuse nades are extra handy for long distances. Just try throwing one down to the end of the street in dm_overwatch. It explodes right after it hits the ground.

For a gernade like you seen in the traptown video.
Use the alternate fire.

Back