Hard-to-get-to Positions

Jintor

Didn't Get Temp-Banned
Reaction score
I know you can demo/rocketjump to the roof of B in Gravel Pit, and I know scouts can double-jump to the top of the trainyard early in Well, but does anyone know how you get to the girder layer at the final control point in Well? Like, the ultra-top layer. I've seen it done, by heavies and engineers...

Can't say I've done it myself and it might of been fixed, but it involves an engineer building a dispenser for people to use as a stepping stone AFAIK.

Only the engineer or enemy teammembers can stand on his dispenser.

Engineer places dispenser, climbs up, places teleport exit.

Engineer places dispenser, climbs up, places teleport exit.
Actually you need to use a Sentry gun to get up there. The dispenser is a shorter model (because the level 1 sentry clipping box checks to make sure there is space enough for a level 3 sentry, so is as tall as the L3).

I'll try to find some more pics of some really shady places you can get to. I can think of 3 or 4 that will catch people off-guard.

Actually you need to use a Sentry gun to get up there. The dispenser is a shorter model (because the level 1 sentry clipping box checks to make sure there is space enough for a level 3 sentry, so is as tall as the L3).

I'll try to find some more pics of some really shady places you can get to. I can think of 3 or 4 that will catch people off-guard.

I saw once an engineer put a turret on the roof of the B hut on Gravel Pit. Not entirely sure how he got up there, but it was certainly effective. Also using a dispenser/turret to get up into the spawn point passages on Gravel pit and then building a turret seems to be a dirty tactic I've encountered once or twice before.

I saw once an engineer put a turret on the roof of the B hut on Gravel Pit. Not entirely sure how he got up there, but it was certainly effective. Also using a dispenser/turret to get up into the spawn point passages on Gravel pit and then building a turret seems to be a dirty tactic I've encountered once or twice before.

I think some servers have friendly shockwave boosting so could've been that. Or freak accident that made the engineer fly there because of hostile soldier's rocket.

I have seen this a couple of times as well. i tried to find out how to do it (get up there as a engie) but was not successful.

cp_gravelpit0001.jpg

A sentry only works as long no skilled soldier or demo comes along (maybe even with medic)
but having a dispenser up there as demoman is indeed very useful!

cheers
magu

I saw once an engineer put a turret on the roof of the B hut on Gravel Pit.
When was this? I've tried a lot and the only way I though this would be possible is if FF were on and you did a friendly grenade jump from an obliging Demo. Sentry boosting just falls short from what I've seen. I'm gonna have to check this out, but I don't see how 2 Engies would be able to accomplish it better than 1 (since a friendly Engy can't stand on your structures).

At C you can get up as 1 Engy by doing a strafe jump off a dispenser or turret.

Anyway I made a thread for my tips because they are numerous.

Crispy,
thanks for the other thread, very interesting!
Might be useful one day, you never know, although I'm not very much into hiding and camping.
I also tried to find out how to get on the roof of the B building as an engineer.
I'm pretty sure it is NOT possible by simply building a structure and jumping to the roof.

might be some exploit or even real hax.

Would love to know how it works anyway.

cheers
magu

It can't work with 2 engies, since you can't stand on other teamates equipment.

It can't work with 2 engies, since you can't stand on other teamates equipment.

Yea I wasnt exactly standing there watching them how they did it at the time hehe Neat trick I suppose but the time it takes to do would be really hard considering I only play on a 32 player server

I wonder if Valve allways knew about this but dosn't fix it because is part of the game.

Ah, drop a tele exit on the roof of the door, now I understand. With 2 engies that can be done before the BLU doors open.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the engineers :p

Yeah, demomen can find a lot of places to hide. Although that one isn't particularly good, as it takes just one Soldier rocket to get you down off it.

Yeah, but they never know you're there until they get killed by you usually

Thanks for the video link, which explains it.
Still needs quite some time until you are up there as an engie.
But once you've have a tele exit up there it?s easy.

Too bad , all those nice, 'hidden' places are spoilt very fast thanks to the 'who killed you' view and hunger for revenge.

Greetings
magu

Back