Has anyone else seen this?

Yup, been posted before, but I doubt it has been seen by many people.

So the link is working for everyone then...? Doesn't work for me...just goes to a blank page and says "Done". Is there an alternative address....can you get to it from the main page?

Try right clicking the link and saving it. See if that works.

'Hello, my name is Gabe Newell, Softimage gave us a 40% discount on seats for XSi if I agreed to sit at a table and read from these prompt boards.'

That's cool. Never seen that before.
Haha at Dagobert.

30mb downloaded so quick on my computer :) streaming was instantanious :)

Sorry can't edit, but its very cool indeed. No new footage if I'm correct, but thanks!

I would love to watch it, but since it is in ".mov" format I can not for some strange reason those can not be played on realplayer and quicktime for they keep on screaming at me that the file can not be found....

Dagobert said:
'Hello, my name is Gabe Newell, Softimage gave us a 40% discount on seats for XSi if I agreed to sit at a table and read from these prompt boards.'

Gabe is a business man. If they got 40% off each license of XSI, and say, they need 10 licenses, they just saved $1980. Not bad for an hour's work.

If you're in the business of making games, and you plan on staying in business, and your main software provider offers you kickbacks in return for a product endorsement, you'd be an idiot for not taking up that offer. It doesn't matter how cheesy you sound :E

I just get a bunch of jibberish when I click on it. :(

To any of those who haven't/can't see it, it's basically a promotional video from Softimage with Gabe talking about how easy it was to integrate XSI into their pipeline and how well it works. There is some old bink footage spiced in for eye candy. The only interesting stuff is some footage of the different character rigs they have.

It's interesting to see XSI getting it's foot in the door in the gaming market. MAX has a pretty good position, but with MAX licenses still at 3 grand and XSI at 500 it should be interesting.

Ownzed said:
I just get a bunch of jibberish when I click on it. :(
Well, that's pretty much what the video is anyway.
:p

More seriously, I enjoyed that little movie. Oldie but goodie.

Meh, I liked it. And if Gabe really thinks XSI kicks all that ass, why not endorse it?

I dont remember the part where he walks up to the 2 scanners in any other videos....

Gabe is a business man. If they got 40% off each license of XSI, and say, they need 10 licenses, they just saved $1980. Not bad for an hour's work.

If you're in the business of making games, and you plan on staying in business, and your main software provider offers you kickbacks in return for a product endorsement, you'd be an idiot for not taking up that offer. It doesn't matter how cheesy you sound

Dude, I know. I was simply pointing out the context of these sort of things, just in case some of the people here don't know about it.

The in-game footage through the video doesnt look like its on very high setting (notice telephone wires)

Omg, he just sounds... so gay when he says "XSi and *Softimáge*". Haha.

Back