Has the Gravity Gun replaced the Crowbar as Half Life's signature weapon?

I mainly use the crowbar during the dialogue areas, such as Black Mesa East and the end of Ep2. It seems more "fitting" to have the crowbar out on those occasions. The rest of the time I use the gravity gun, even for killing headcrabs.

Lol I do the same thing! If someone starts talking, i'll suddenly look at the grav gun on the screen and think "That's not right?".

But for all other purposes it's Grav Gun ftw.

Players thinking of Gordon when you say crowbar is hardly a test, if you say Grav Gun they'll think Gordon too. More of a test is if you say Gordon, do they thing crowbar or Grav Gun first.
All else being equal I flick between GG and shotty too. Why the shotty rather than anything else is an entirely seperate discusion.

See Samon? I do post every now and then. And look what a big thread it has become...

I definitely try to give the crowbar it's due - like when tackling regular antlions (acid antlions explode and do damage to me), I flip them with the GG and then crowbar them to death to save ammo. But more and more I find I have the gravity gun out no matter the situation. I could be forced to shoot a lock off a door with a bullet and I'd rather look for a projectile to try and break the lock with my GG then switch to my pistol.

I still use the crowbar for Headcrabs (one-hit kills) and opening boxes/breaking wood and grates.

I think they both stand out as gamings best weapons!

Crowbar is still the symbol or half-life tho. The gravity gun is just the best, most kickass weapon of all time!

I think the Crowbar will always remain "the" symbol of HL. It's what a cricket bat is to Shaun of the Dead, or a chainsaw is to Scarface. They're always linked to each other.

Back