has the old OICW looking assault rifle been removed?

they probably droped it as the MP7 and the OICW were basically the same.I think they should have dropped the MP7 instead, I think its uglier and the oicw had a grenade luancher mount, so didnt fire the grenades out of thin air like the MP7

Yeah but we never see the PLAYER holding it.

I am not THAT stupid to not notice that the combine are holding stun sticks. I am a pretty hardcore HL2 fan.

Okay, I admit it, I overreacted.

No one made u look at the friggin pic vegeta stop BiTching about it, them icons on that pic were mostly the ones that have been seen in vids ect anyway so shut ya mouth. jesus christ, ya whining lil BitCh.

I hope the OICW is still in the game it looked great and had a good sound to it and looked powerful

the bar thing is not a weapon if you look at my pic all the weapons are all lined darwings as all the ammo is solid , so by the looks of it the bar thing is some kind of ammo

junglespider said:
the bar thing is not a weapon if you look at my pic all the weapons are all lined darwings as all the ammo is solid , so by the looks of it the bar thing is some kind of ammo
Oh it's the crossbow ammo!

AHH it all makes sense now!

Those things are HUGE. :D

I say yes to pinning enemies into the wall now.

(And stop complaining about my b!tching! I admitted I overreacted! ;()

vegeta897 said:

thats my secand best weapon i cant wate to use :)

vegeta897 said:

The crossbow shoots flutes? :D

PvtRyan said:
The crossbow shoots flutes? :D
ROFL that made me burst out laughing! :LOL:

Here is why I said that.. I will put it in a spoiler for those even more reactive than me:

Magazines, and screenshots, say that the crossbow "bolts" are rods of metal. When loaded into the bow, they are electrically charged and become very hot, hence the red color in the screenshots. :D

Ive read heaps on the OICW, a lot of articles written by American grunts who got to test it, the general consensus seemed to be that its a bulky, heavy, useless peice of crap - also the grenade launcher system only hit 2 of 5 50m targets....
Funny how the Europeans already have the awesome FN2000 and the Americans had to scrap the whole idea and settle for the XM8

I saw a pic of a soldier with an XM8 (for ghost recon 2), and i think it looks like a pop-gun, sure its probably really good, but it looks sissy

GorgeousOrifice said:
I thought the OICW was a sweet-looking weapon. I hope it's still in there, but if it's not, I'm sure Valve had a very good reason.
Yeah, and unlike the crossbow, it has a grenade launcher, but so does the MP-7.

fantasiser said:
Ive read heaps on the OICW, a lot of articles written by American grunts who got to test it, the general consensus seemed to be that its a bulky, heavy, useless peice of crap - also the grenade launcher system only hit 2 of 5 50m targets....
Funny how the Europeans already have the awesome FN2000 and the Americans had to scrap the whole idea and settle for the XM8

I saw a pic of a soldier with an XM8 (for ghost recon 2), and i think it looks like a pop-gun, sure its probably really good, but it looks sissy
first, the fn2000 is nothing like an no where near as amibtious as the OICW was. And the xm8 is will be an improvement over the m16. though I don't like the looks of its grenade launcher over the 203, but if it works good, style isn't important.

And IMO the xm8 doesn't look sissy. it looks sweet. simple, quickly configurable to many different settings and can be molded directly into many different colors.

Secondly it is not "settling." The OICW was never meant to be the standard rifle for every branch of the armed service. The Xm8 was planned from the beginning with different objectives, it is to be the full replacement. But yeah that old version OICW they field tested sure looked big and awekward to carry around.

i hope the oicw is still in the game, i was excited to see a modern "futuristic" weapon in the game. and yeah, the xm8 has a lot of cool features and appears to be a good candidate to replace the m16, but i still think it will have to go through a makeover before the U.S. military adopts it. it seriously looks like a plastic squirtgun, and it will be changed before it is adopted as our primary rifle.

i still wish there was atleast one scoped rifle. maybe the scope for the oicw is hidden somewhere in kleiners lab for us to find. i can only wish.

Rocketman9mm said:
first, the fn2000 is nothing like an no where near as amibtious as the OICW was. And the xm8 is will be an improvement over the m16. though I don't like the looks of its grenade launcher over the 203, but if it works good, style isn't important.

And IMO the xm8 doesn't look sissy. it looks sweet. simple, quickly configurable to many different settings and can be molded directly into many different colors.

Secondly it is not "settling." The OICW was never meant to be the standard rifle for every branch of the armed service. The Xm8 was planned from the beginning with different objectives, it is to be the full replacement. But yeah that old version OICW they field tested sure looked big and awekward to carry around.

Im afraid you wrong about the FN, the whole point of both the FN -AND- the OICW projects was to
a) replace old existing rifles
b) make a combination high powered accurate rifle and long distance accurate into one gun, the FN succeded marvelously, and also hit 8 of 10 100m targets

the OICW project on the other hand made a weapon too big and unnacurate - it THEN split into 2 projects - one of which was the XM8 - the XM8 was designed based on the breakoff of the rifle part of the OICW, and wasnt originally planned.
The OICW itself was meant to be fielded next year, the most recent information i can find now says 2009, when the FN is already out.
"The XM8 will be based on the kinetic energy weapon that is part of the XM29 next-generation infantry weapon system (formerly the Objective Individual Combat Weapon" -
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m8-oicw.htm
Have a peak at this junkpile here : http://www.hkpro.com/oicw.htm
ITS HUGE
Edit - funding for the OICW started 2000, funding for XM8 only started 2002

Y'know, I'm pretty sure that icon file is incomplete. Hence having "Stunstick Icon" written there, instead of an actual picture for it...

fantasiser said:
Im afraid you wrong about the FN, the whole point of both the FN -AND- the OICW projects was to
a) replace old existing rifles
b) make a combination high powered accurate rifle and long distance accurate into one gun, the FN succeded marvelously, and also hit 8 of 10 100m targets

the OICW project on the other hand made a weapon too big and unnacurate - it THEN split into 2 projects - one of which was the XM8 - the XM8 was designed based on the breakoff of the rifle part of the OICW, and wasnt originally planned.
The OICW itself was meant to be fielded next year, the most recent information i can find now says 2009, when the FN is already out.
"The XM8 will be based on the kinetic energy weapon that is part of the XM29 next-generation infantry weapon system (formerly the Objective Individual Combat Weapon" -
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m8-oicw.htm
Have a peak at this junkpile here : http://www.hkpro.com/oicw.htm
ITS HUGE
Edit - funding for the OICW started 2000, funding for XM8 only started 2002

true, but what I meant by the difference between the OICW and the fn2000 is that the oicw had the second, semi-auto type mag fed 20mm grenade launcher. they were attempting that where as the fn2000 has an add-on single fire more traditional type nade launcher. so the point being it wasn't as difficult for FN to have modding grips and such to put attachments on, like many rifles including the xm8 have. and its clear to see that the xm8 was the lower A/r part of the oicw, with more of the g36 type sight and hand guard thing on top

I think that the XM8 looks like a goddamn super soaker!
OICW kikcs ass! It even sounds cooler! ("Objective Individual Combat Weapon") :D

well not really..

Doesn't the H.E.V. suit have inbuilt zoom? because in the 2003 clips the dude zooms in with mp7 and in the dr. keliner movie you zoom into alyx talking bs.

quite frankly, i thought the crossbow was a piece of shit, it was so difficult to shoot people in SP and MP, the only time i could hit anything was when they didn't know i was there and were standing still, or when shooting turrets. i would have much preferred a snipe rifle like in OP. the idea of pinning people to walls is great, but what good is it if you can't hit them because the bolt travels so slow, and with the new physics engine it's probably going to be affected by gravity and the shots will dip. zzzZzzzzZZZZ pretty crap if you ask me.

as for the OICW being scopeless, that's fine, i wonder though, if it'll be single shot or burst fire.

I was good with the zoom on the crossbow , mainly because im a Sniper on DoD and CoD etc etc.

Altough i wuld like to see a snuper rifle because of the big ares and cities the crossbow will do me fine

omni said:
Actually there are two possible ammo choices for the crossbow:

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/9476/temp23.jpg

Isn't the top one the stun stick?

Anyway - why does everyone want the OICW? that weapon is seriously the worst weapon ever made, so damn freaking heavy. Gordon already wears a suit that weighs a tonne. Besides, the weapon model was crap, TBH. The crossbow model makes it look like shit, I'd choose the crossbow anyday.

lans said:
Isn't the top one the stun stick?

Anyway - why does everyone want the OICW? that weapon is seriously the worst weapon ever made, so damn freaking heavy. Gordon already wears a suit that weighs a tonne. Besides, the weapon model was crap, TBH. The crossbow model makes it look like shit, I'd choose the crossbow anyday.

The stun stick has no icon, at least not in the TrueType Font set that came with CS:S. We don't even know for sure what that 'flute' looking thing is, some of you think it is ammo for the crossbow (probably based on a screen capture from that German PC Games mag). I'm pretty sure the bottom one definitely is.

Back