Has Valve learned from HL1 Multiplayer ?

^ dude whats it matter

anyway.. i believe scripts should be done away with aswell.

i think that its legal to do everything that a game will allow you to do IN-SIDE the game,

if you can write a script in the counsol in the game while playing, all the power to you, you took the time to find out how to utilize such a function and the game allows you to. But altering any files out side of the game, that normally could not be done while playing in a server... i think should be outlawed.

even if they do make it so you can't script in-game, you can just download a keystroke logger/playback from the net and run that in the background.

depends on the script if you ask me.

In cs i dont think of quick buy keys as cheating
p = buy rifle, ammo
; = armor
etc

but if its for practically playing the game for you, thats not cool, or if its exploitive .

would a conc nade jump script be cheezy?
i think the crossbow script is.
But there is never a divine judge who is absolutely fair and considerate and correct. We're all biased :(

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
my personal opinion: pple who use scripts are lazy pple.. who do not want to press the number of buttons required for the desired action..

Go play the Europeans in HLDM then get back to me on scripting...

Re: Re: Has Valve learned from HL1 Multiplayer ?

Originally posted by DiSTuRbEd
Want to play me in HLDM? I will play with my binds and go easy on you. Hell I scroll for my weapons, your still not gonna beat me so quit whinning about something you cannot do yourself. I like the feature in HLDM with autoexec.cfg and config.cfg, I cannot stand normal controls therefor I use what I can. No its not an unfair advantage, its people using what was built with the game.

Usual answer of a scripter :).
In fact i do know how those scripts work, i could use them if i wanted, but i dont.
Its just ppl who have to feed their ego with cheap kills who need to script.

Sad but true.

Also, i didnt talk about stuff like weapon-binding, thats not considered bad-scripting, maybe u should have read some posts i made to this thread first.

There should be a serverside checkbox that forces the HL2 client to load the default scripts, and another checkbox that disallows loading scripts or binding keys on the game console. Additionally to that, Steam should perform integrity checks on the .exe to verify that noone has tampered with the .exe to bypass that enforcement. There you go.

Back