have valve withdrawn the sdk beta?

UltraProAnti

Reaction score
i had (yet another) update today and when i fired up hammer it was the old version. no slick model browser, no wireframe models or displacements

huh?

Hm, have you removed the -beta sdk from your Steam shortcut? My Hammer hasn't updated.

i have a shortcut with sdk beta on the desktop. the sdk seems to update every time i restart steam these days

as long as it actually works i'm fine

What you mean it updates? Does it say something like Source SDK 83%?

yeah. i restarted it, it did the same again, now i have the beta back. it's weird, because i always use the shortcut with the beta parameter

edit: wait, i've got it. i had steam set to start with windows, and it's starting from the non-beta cmd. usually my PC is on 24/7, so i forgot about this. duh

UltraProAnti said:
yeah. i restarted it, it did the same again, now i have the beta back. it's weird, because i always use the shortcut with the beta parameter

That is strange :eek:

Mine also started with the usual Hammer, but I'm still having the 'System cannot find the file specificed) error when trying to start hammer.

I have to download the BETA SDK everytime steam itself is closed. I tried coping the entire bin folder in the sdk folder, but it doesn't run properly. There must be some registery keys that it needs. Anyways when I get that file not found thing, I just simply exit steam, wait 5 - 10 seconds, then, while steam is closed, run the BETA SDK from my desktop and it will proceed to download it.

Back